Thread: "Inexperienced staff outsourced to India didn’t know to launch back up system"

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

"Inexperienced staff outsourced to India didn’t know to launch back up system"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/367267...ff-it-failure/

THE British Airways boss [Alex Cruz] is alleged to have tried to “gag staff” over the IT meltdown which hit 300,000 passengers – as inexperienced staff in India didn’t know how to launch the back up system, it has been claimed.

(...)

The chief executive, who founded budget carrier Clickair and ran airline Vueling before moving to work for British Airways in 2016, has been accused of replacing British IT professionals with cheap overseas workers since taking the role.

And GMB union bosses say that this move may have led to this weekend’s chaos – a whistle-blower even claimed bosses knew about the “dodgy” systems.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Ares (29th May 2017),Down1 (29th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 1,242 Posts

Re: "Inexperienced staff outsourced to India didn’t know to launch back up system"

Any info if this CEO is a marrano ?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: "Inexperienced staff outsourced to India didn’t know to launch back up system"

I work with companies every day who have outsourced to India. The knowledge is spotty at best, most of the time they argue with the solution you are giving them, or reject it outright because they don't have a clue what you are telling them to do. They get indignant when you point out that they aren't even up to par to be running some of these environments.

It really is greed that causes these companies to outsource to India.... Look I work in I.T., I get that we are "expensive" and are usually not a cash flow positive for the company (salary, health insurance, equipment that depreciates in value, storage which companies are always needing whether it's expanding or replacing failed drives.)

But I think British Airways is a good example of "You get what you pay for."
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

crimethink (29th May 2017),madfranks (29th May 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

My company outsourced our operations support to India two years ago. Those guys can't even speak English and they have no clue what they're doing. Wee've had two major outages since and both have been attributed to 'administrator error' Back in the day Americans actually took care of these systems and lo and behold, these outages were few and far between. It's going to get worse....a lot worse
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Funny, I keep hearing in the media how indispensable immigrant/foreigner work is, because they're so much better than White Americans.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Ares (29th May 2017),crimethink (29th May 2017),midnight rambler (29th May 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

I'd be happy to see them dispensed ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Funny, I keep hearing in the media how indispensable immigrant/foreigner work is, because they're so much better than White Americans.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down1 View Post
    Any info if this CEO is a marrano ?
    Unknown, but his behavior suggests it.

He's from Bilbao, Spain.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Microsoft outsourced it's application development to India years ago. What they got was bloatware built with inefficient IDE's that "overcode" for the same result an experienced hand coder could produce. Most of the OS replacements and upgrades have simply been re-skins of old applets and system / server modules. General across the board non compliance with industry design standards (RFC's). Web design tools and web server engines that are so inefficient Microsoft doesn't even use them. Plans to integrate unix shell into Windows. Enough said.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.