Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Trump just led everyone on a 40-day wild goose chase

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Donald Trump just led everyone on a 40-day wild goose chase

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrylynnb View Post
    I have always thought those huge wind blades were something of a massive waste of money and engineering talent. If you want energy and you are thinking windmills are an important source, then you are going BACKWARDS to the 1800's and early 1900's.

Burn gas, gasoline, or coal, and get 10 times as much energy for the growing population (I am just guessing about how much more energy gas and coal provide - it might even be more than that - nations have fought wars over access to coal, oil, and gas). If Trump was badmouthing windmills, I hate to say it (as I can't stand Trump now), but I'm glad to see someone with a huge audience say out loud what so many down-to-earth ordinary citizens MUST BE THINKING.

All those engineers, all that natural resource (in the production of the precision, highly fabricated, blades) all for a little boost when the wind blows. And, YES, birds didn't evolve in the midst of these unnatural (VERY UNNATURAL) behemoths sticking up, in what looks like farms of hundreds, spinning with a ferocity that would make mince meat of any flesh that just happened to get in the way. And how about a tornado? Are you ready for those giant sticks to go flying off for who knows where? And how about the reduction in the natural ground wind speed you WOULD GET if the land was left in its natural state. So many objections - they always looked to me like some dumbass futuristic idiot convinced some fools with money to go way out on a limb, just to act out of some idiotic philosophy about some imagined harm to the environment by mining coal, drilling for oil, and tapping gas. Or maybe its just my Texas upbringing that makes me always look for the bottom line with a hard-boiled temperament about foolish people doing something stupid.
    It would be something if they started going to war over windmills wouldn't it? Perhaps it will happen when the oil and coal and gas run out. If Iowa has lots of those then let them burn it. If it's also windy in Iowa, burn it upwind right on the state line. Pollution be someone else's problem. If that don't work they've always got the windmills to blow the fumes away.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Trump Explains Why He Bluffed On 'Comey Tapes'

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau.../picture-5.jpg
    by Tyler Durden
    Jun 23, 2017 9:29 AM

After weeks without a live interview, President Trump, much to the dismay of the left-leaning MSM, appeared on Fox & Friends this morning with Melania. The interview will undoubtedly be described throughout the day as a 'softball' piece but it did at least result in some new insights, maybe.
    First, on the now infamous 'Comey tapes.' Given that Trump has now admitted that there never were any 'tapes,' at least as far as he knows, why the bluff? Apparently, Trump believes the bluff helped to steer Comey toward the path of truth in his testimony, a path that Trump believes he'd lost before the bluff. Here's Trump on the topic:

“Well I didn’t tape him. You never know what’s happening when you see that the Obama administration and perhaps longer than that was doing all this unmasking and surveillance and you read all about it and I’ve been reading about it for the last couple of months about the seriousness of the and the horrible situation of surveillance all over the place."

“But I didn’t tape, and I don’t have any tapes, and I didn’t tape, but when he found out that there may be tapes out there, whether its governmental tapes or anything else and who knows, I think his story may have changed."

“You’ll have to take a look at that. Because then he’ll have to tell what actually took place at the events. And my story never changed. My story was the straight story. My story was always the truth.”

"But you'll have to determine for yourself whether or not his story changed. He did admit that what I said was right. And, if you look further back, before he heard about that, I think maybe he wasn't admitting that. So, you'll have to do a little investigative reporting to determine that, but I don't think it will be that hard."
    .@POTUS on why he wanted former FBI Dir. James Comey to believe there were tapes of their conversations pic.twitter.com/pCuibM5Z6k
    — FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) June 23, 2017

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ton-supporters

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...5/4dchesss.JPG

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Trumpo hasn't disappointed in the entertainment value area. Imagine how boring politics would be if (may Allah forgive me for uttering his name) Jeb Bush had been elected!
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua01 For This Useful Post:

Jerrylynnb (23rd June 2017)