Thread: Aussie Skipper beats Aussie Skipper to win the Americas Cup For New Zealand in ...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,240 Posts

Aussie Skipper beats Aussie Skipper to win the Americas Cup For New Zealand in ...

In Bermuda no less.
    Didn't even know they were racing yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sailing/2...as-cup-defeat/

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Aussie Skipper beats Aussie Skipper to win the Americas Cup For New Zealand in ..

I remember when Australia won it the first time. Taking it out of the hands of the US. Winning boat, Australia II financier Alan Bond was a hero. The Prime Minister said on TV that any who sacked a worker for being late or a no show at work the next day was a Bum. People were flying the Flying Kangaroo... which has since been banned. The Winged Keel shocked the world. Audacious. The Port City of Fremantle spent millions on marinas and bars, restaurants hotels, clubs getting ready to Defend the Cup. It was a big leap into the 1st world from sleepy fishing port.

It really was a big thing back in the day. And just like that it was all over. Poof. The dream was lost. Alan Bond became a failed business man chased by banks and government and hounded out of the country. Fremantle is still a great place to spend a Sunday afternoon with friends and family though. A must do stop on any tourists sightseeing list.

but that Yacht racing caper.. it's a dirty business.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,240 Posts

Re: Aussie Skipper beats Aussie Skipper to win the Americas Cup For New Zealand in ..

A Globalist sport now for Globalist scum and their mercenary workers.