Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to load up the truck again?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Re: Time to load up the truck again?

Paper metals are way down. Is paper and physical completely decoupled? Gold silver ratio at 115 to one. It's not time to back up the truck if there is none for sale.
    Law of supply and demand be damned.

Junk silver at $21.70 an ounce. https://www.apmex.com/product/5200/9...face-value-bag

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    Paper metals are way down. Is paper and physical completely decoupled? Gold silver ratio at 115 to one. It's not time to back up the truck if there is none for sale.
    Law of supply and demand be damned.

Junk silver at $21.70 an ounce. https://www.apmex.com/product/5200/9...face-value-bag
    I would call silver as decoupled, but not quite so for gold.
    Gold is still available, perhaps not in so mush a variety.

Still, it is utterly and unequivocally unfathomable to me, that under the headlines like we have today, under the circumstances like we have today, gold is STILL at this level.
    It is totally unbelievable. It is incredulous

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

“Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcismylord View Post

Still, it is utterly and unequivocally unfathomable to me, that under the headlines like we have today, under the circumstances like we have today, gold is STILL at this level.
    Bankers own enough gold to keep the price down, but not silver, it's been used up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

jcismylord (17th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Apmex is completely out of silver bars and the premiums on what they do have are extremely high. Didn't see anything this profound during the '08 financial crisis. I do feel this whole virus thing is way overblown and it will be interesting to watch the markets slingshot back when the masses catch on. The buy/sell ratios seem to have exploded also.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

hoarder (17th March 2020)

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    Bankers own enough gold to keep the price down, but not silver, it's been used up.
    I agree that is probably the reason.

But I feel like their power is not limitless.

It seems limitless if compared against "measly" you and me and against the general managed, mind-controlled, populace.

If you look at history - it is no different that many decades ago. Then came a day when an external entity, France, demanded gold in exchange for paper.

Than it was over.

Likewise today, they can brainwash populace, they can manage expectations, they can throw money unto COMEX, they can threaten those who dare standing for delivery, etc, etc,etc.

But, as they make the things go out-of-wack - there is China and Russia and even Turkey. France is also still outthere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jcismylord For This Useful Post:

hoarder (17th March 2020)

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Apmex is completely out of silver bars and the premiums on what they do have are extremely high. Didn't see anything this profound during the '08 financial crisis. I do feel this whole virus thing is way overblown and it will be interesting to watch the markets slingshot back when the masses catch on. The buy/sell ratios seem to have exploded also.
    even though the 08 seems actually smaller than 2020,

there is one notable exception

in 08 there were big entities that were getting in spectacular trouble / bankropcy

this time over I see no news of huge institution getting into big trouble

the FED seems to have learned how to provide support behind the scene, so that the huge and magnificent public collapses, instilling "I am the next" fear throughout, are not allowed

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jcismylord For This Useful Post:

woodman (17th March 2020)

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Yeah, tell that to margin calls.

I don't think the fire sale is over yet.
    Do you recon the fire sale might be over now?

I see GAEs now are at $1826.39 on "pre-sale" at APMEX. Still seems to be kind of available, even though they have hidden it out from their main pages.

I remember times when gold was like $380 - $400 per t-ounce and various governments were announcing their gold sales here and there.
    Today I see $200 swings in just ONE DAY.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Do you recon the fire sale might be over now?

I see GAEs now are at $1826.39 on "pre-sale" at APMEX. Still seems to be kind of available, even though they have hidden it out from their main pages.

I remember times when gold was like $380 - $400 per t-ounce and various governments were announcing their gold sales here and there.
    Today I see $200 swings in just ONE DAY.

Phys has dislocated from paper.

If you want it and can get, get it.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Electrum
    Thanks

So, we are approx at 54% profit since this thread start.

I have been slowly, but steadily unloading the truck over the last couple of months.

Anybody else doing the same? Ideas? Thoughts?