Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethereum Crash Incoming!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Ethereum Crash Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Norweger View Post
    There is such a hype around ethereum mining at the moment that you are not able to get graphics cards...
    They'll be on sale soon then...

Thanks

I don't think so. The amount of money people that have invested in their riggs means that they will be long. The ones selling today are the ones that got in early.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

I don't think so. The amount of money people that have invested in their riggs means that they will be long. The ones selling today are the ones that got in early.
    Yep increased supply and decreased demand always means a high price... Early means those that got in a month or two ago then? And the rig owners don't need to pay for the electricity either?

Actually I was referring to the graphic cards, as ETH price collapse, so will demand for those.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Yep increased supply and decreased demand always means a high price... Early means those that got in a month or two ago then? And the rig owners don't need to pay for the electricity either?

Actually I was referring to the graphic cards, as ETH price collapse, so will demand for those.
    I've been watching the Ethereum hash rate since I am also mining Ethereum. It appears to be tapering off. It got up to about 72,000 G/hs and is now (at current post) 64,324 G/hs. I also dusted off my old dual 7950 GPU's and started mining ZEC. Due to anonymity built into the protocol I see that one increasing in value, in particular with dark markets.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Pat, I don't think the immediate issue is with BTC, it's with ETH (Ethereum). IMO, the fundamentals of BTC are still pretty strong, but the fact is that ETH is preparing to shit the bed so hard right now, and it will take BTC down with it.
    Yes and No. There are some fundamental problems with BTC at the moment. It's mostly with the 1MB block size limitation with miners and core development at heads with each other. Core wants to implement SegWit (Segregated Witness, Litecoin has already implemented with no issue), but Miners aren't keen on it because it takes some of the transactions off of the main blockchain (i.e. reducing their profits).

I believe that an 80-85% consensus was achieved and are planning on rolling out the Bitcoin SegWit fork July 21st of this year.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

madfranks (12th July 2017),Neuro (12th July 2017)

Thanks

Dropped to $133 only to go back up to $275. I think another dip is coming considering how easy it is to mine still.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Dropped to $133 only to go back up to $275. I think another dip is coming considering how easy it is to mine still.
    The swings are insane, and not just for ETH. Daily price swings plus/minus 10% or more are the norm right now. Highly skilled day traders are probably making a fortune trading these coins.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Crazy fluctuations these days. No crash yet.. was at $155 the 17th of July, is at $263 right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    This guy nails what I've been thinking for a while now. There's no way ETH's current price is stable. It's going to crash back down to sub $50, maybe sub $20.

http://www.coindesk.com/icos-dumb-mo...hical-dilemma/
    Ethereum breaks all time highs and is currently $1,450.

Don't be shocked if the price doubles within a month.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

The Rothschilds are buying up Ethereum.
    https://www.coindesk.com/rothschild-...ethereum-trust

There's still people on this forum that think crypto is made out of tulips.