Thread: Buindy Ranch Gathering Wild Cattle

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Buindy Ranch Gathering Wild Cattle

The Bundy ranch they say covers about 600,000 acres and takes about three hours to drive from their home to the far side. There are cattle that can't be herded in to pens and have to be roped and loaded in to trailers to gather them. There are no pens to drive them to in most places anyway. Three of the Bundy boys do the gathering, roping and loading while Cliven is out scouting for cattle with an ATV.

If anyone wonders what it's like chasing cattle horse back flat out trying to catch and rope them these videos taken with go pros put you right there.
    I've really been enjoying these. There are eight of them and I don't know if the videos will show up here or if you have to go to their website.

Looks like you'll have to click on the link and go to their website to watch the videos.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (30th December 2023),monty (29th December 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Re: Buindy Ranch Gathering Wild Cattle

That was an amazing event. The dogs are terrific. The buckaroos, I think east of the Rockies they are called cowboys, did an excellent job too.

I believe the term buckaroo is corrupted from the Spanish vaquero which roughy translates to to a horse mounted herdsman or cowboy. Since Spain and later Mexico owned California, Nevada, Arizona here in the west we have a lot of slang words that probably came from Spanish language
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (30th December 2023)

Thanks

I like the way those Go Pro cameras put you right in the seat of the saddle with a front row seat roping cattle. I catch myself sitting on the edge of my chair with my eyes locked on the critter they're chasing wanting to throw a loop when things get right.
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    I like the way those Go Pro cameras put you right in the seat of the saddle with a front row seat roping cattle. I catch myself sitting on the edge of my chair with my eyes locked on the critter they're chasing wanting to throw a loop when things get right.
    Yes it is very realistic.

Some of those old desert cattle get pretty wild when the haven’t sen a human for most of their life.

There was a rancher south of Goldfield, Jim Daniels, who ran a herd on the desert about as wild as Bundy’s. cows. One year when I was in high school we had a pretty bad drought. He made a deal with my dad to winter several head on our ranch. I was living in town with my mother and sisters so I only know what my younger brother told me.

We has about 500 acres under fence. The cattle were unloaded in the lower half. My brother told me at first when he and Dad went down there they’d throw their tails straight in the air and not stop running until they git to the lower fence.

He said after about 6 weeks they didn’t get too excited when they drove down there.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In video 4 Casche Bundy roped a bull that came at him and stuck a horn through his chap leather and in to his horse. It only went through the hide and about an inch deep but didn't go through the rib cage. Those cattle can kill a horse if they gore them deep enough with their horns. That bull got his horns sawed off when they got him down on the ground so he couldn't do it again.
    Birth till Death

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post: