Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanishing in the wilderness

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Re: Vanishing in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I only watched the first five videos so far and I never heard them say the victim ventured out well armed. I usually carry a 44 magnum or at least a 44 special when out in the woods. Maybe Darwin's agenda is at work here. Only liberals from the cities venture out unarmed in my neck of the woods.
    I believe David Paulides has a book out on hunters disappearing now too. I think in an interview he said bow hunters are a lot more likely to turn up missing than gun hunters. People out alone seem to be the most vulnerable.

A couple of videos here of things that can happen. The first one is of a park ranger turning loose a captured bear and it's a good thing he was packing a .357. The second one is of a hiker being stalked by a mountain lion.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

One thing that strikes me as odd is that these are all National Park disappearances. What about National Forests? Don't National Forests cover about ten times as much land as National Parks?

In National Parks carrying handguns is generally illegal. In National Forests it's the norm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

dys (19th September 2017)

Thanks

One thing that strikes me as odd is that these are all National Park disappearances. What about National Forests? Don't National Forests cover about ten times as much land as National Parks?

In National Parks carrying handguns is generally illegal. In National Forests it's the norm.

I think you've made a pretty good point for why so many people are disappearing in the national parks and it's because they are gun free zones. What ever predators are there have gotten used to people being around and don't fear them. Makes it easy pickings for them. I haven't come across any statistics that compare disappearances on national park or forrest service land but it would be interesting to see one.

I think if people are going hiking in those places they should always be armed whether the government likes it or not. You just need to find something that isn't to hard to conceal that still has pretty good knock down power. I think the glock subcompact in 357 sig is pretty good because it's not so hard to conceal and you've got a lot of fire power with it. 125 grain fmj bullets will penetrate and break bones. I've got a glock 33 that I carry all the time in a shoulder holster on one side and with a magazine pouch on the other side for two 15 round magazines. It's comfortable and pretty concealable.
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (7th July 2017)

Thanks

I used to own a section of desert land next to Big Bend Natl Park in Texas and hiked all over that park, well armed with a concealed handgun of course. One day I was driving a remote road a half mile from the meskin border and seen a cat that looked just like a Mountain Lion except for it was darker and only weighed about 20 pounds. The cat had a long tail like a Lion so I know it wasn't a Bobcat. It walked like an aged animal, careful not to waste the slightest bit of energy, so it could not have been a juvenile lion, aside from the dark color.

When I got back home a few days later I called the Park biologist and told him I had seen a Jaguarundi in the park (their literature says there are none there). He condescendingly told me it was not a Jaguarndi, just a young Mountain Lion.

I've spoken to many others with similar experiences. USFS and other governmental agencies habitually deny the existence of predators in spite of all the reported sightings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

JDRock (25th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

I used to own a section of desert land next to Big Bend Natl Park in Texas and hiked all over that park. One day I was driving a remote road a half mile from the meskin border and seen a cat that looked just like a Mountain Lion except for it was darker and only weighed about 20 pounds. The cat had a long tail like a Lion so I know it wasn't a Bobcat. It walked like an aged animal, careful not to waste the slightest bit of energy, so it could not have been a juvenile lion, aside from the dark color.

When I got back home a few days later I called the Park biologist and told him I had seen a Jaguarundi in the park (their literature says there are none there). He condescendingly told me it was not a Jaguarndi, just a young Mountain Lion.

I've spoken to many others with similar experiences. USFS and other governmental agencies habitually deny the existence of predators in spite of all the reported sightings.
    I would love to meet you in real life, but your seeing a jew under ever blade of grass or rock, says to me naw not worth my time. Want to talk cows and and critters .yes

Sad
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    I would love to meet you in real life, but your seeing a jew under ever blade of grass or rock, says to me naw not worth my time. Want to talk cows and and critters .yes

Sad
    Is there anything else you wish to add to this thread, Shlomo?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Neuro (20th September 2017)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

I used to own a section of desert land next to Big Bend Natl Park in Texas and hiked all over that park, well armed with a concealed handgun of course. One day I was driving a remote road a half mile from the meskin border and seen a cat that looked just like a Mountain Lion except for it was darker and only weighed about 20 pounds. The cat had a long tail like a Lion so I know it wasn't a Bobcat. It walked like an aged animal, careful not to waste the slightest bit of energy, so it could not have been a juvenile lion, aside from the dark color.

We have cougars here. Many sightings over the years and tracks also. The DNR claims they don't exist here. I don't know why. One has been seen crossing the road in front of my home. These things are dangerous. I would not let my grandkids play unattended. Also, there are eagles that could certainly carry off a small child or infant and I'm sure it has happened before.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

hoarder (8th July 2017),Tumbleweed (8th July 2017)

Thanks

Is there anything else you wish to add to this thread, Shlomo?
    Naw , but!

I do hold to my words which are true. In about a year once I pay off my mazda which in 5 years I have less than 4500 miles on the clock, am thinking of selling/trading it along with my house and getting a road king or better scooter with trailer and then hit the road 24/7/365 until I check out from this life. Call it an ultimate adventure..hehe. Still would like to meet you along my travels and share a cup of or what ever, we both are not young and are looking at the end sooner than later. In many ways I am a biker, better than 50 years riding, and intend to go out as one doing what I enjoy, into the wind seeing what I can see until the end.

My words to you I hold true, you do see what maybe is not true but in your mind or at least what you post seems to be major paranoia when it comes to jews, which you are methinks misdirecting from the real threat. Which is the major rich types /corporations/military industrial complex that really are the ones in control and own all or most of our political critters. Would love to ride with you ether on bikes or hay burner hehe . And swap lies and mixed truths around a fire under a starry night or so sucking down a cup of coffee or what ever as I make my final road trip however long it takes. I think cussing/discussing with you would and can be a total hoot.

Live life to the max as far as gusto goes, I intend to soon, but will be doing so with care , no need to be stupid. We spend our lifes learning, one way or another to what ends?

For they that learn, probably for the better, they that stay in their ruts/blaming all ills on others without looking into a mirror, in my mind are doomed but they that do look will probably be seeing the real reasons for their ills..themselves!

Food for thought !

Peace

Thanks

I've heard some stories the border patrol agents tell and they speak of things that aren't supposed to be there either. It seems to be hushed up by the government and I always wonder why. Seems like the agents also keep silent because they don't want to be ridiculed or lose their jobs. They also sometimes leave those jobs because of what they've seen that get into the strange and paranormal.
    Birth till Death

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (8th July 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    We have cougars here. Many sightings over the years and tracks also. The DNR claims they don't exist here. I don't know why. One has been seen crossing the road in front of my home. These things are dangerous. I would not let my grandkids play unattended. Also, there are eagles that could certainly carry off a small child or infant and I'm sure it has happened before.
    A few sightings here in east tex of cougars/mountain lions (same type of cat) and scat seems to prove it true. Hehe wild life do seem to able to adapt. But those cats are like ghosts they blend in so well.