Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Vanishing in the wilderness

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Re: Vanishing in the wilderness

This is a story that's a little different but it's about women going missing in the Anchorage, AK area. There have been a lot of Indian women go missing on a certain hi way in Canada too and it's a mystery what happened to them. Something to think about on these missing cases.

Cathy O'Brien spoke of being hunted in a similar way in one of her books.

The mystery was solved in these missing cases and the story is chilling.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

JDRock (22nd May 2021)

Thanks

There's an abandoned town by the name of Portlock Alaska where it's said a lot of hunters went missing . So many people went missing a cannery located there closed down and everyone moved away. This is the story of that town.

Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

JDRock (8th July 2021),woodman (23rd May 2021)

Thanks

David Paulides has an hour long video up that's pretty interesting. He covers a lot of things that he's investigated over the years. Pretty interesting all the way through and as always so many things don't seem to make sense. There are no missing people stories just his stories about his investigations in different areas and on different subjects.

Birth till Death

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

JDRock (15th July 2021)

Thanks

David Paulides has another one up and this time he talks about a recent attack of a young woman by a grizzly in Montana and she didn't survive. Another young woman is currently missing in Montana and the search is ongoing at this time. There is a cluster of missing in the area where this young woman is now missing.

Birth till Death

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

JDRock (15th July 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Ok JD, I've never seen a bigfoot or a UFO but I've seen and heard some things that I still wonder about when I've been in the wilderness. I think in maybe 1986 or seven I went in to the Bob Marshall wilderness south of Glacier Park with some other people with saddle horses and pack mules. I think we rode south for about three days with a different camp every night. At the furthest camp we stayed two nights and then started making our way back out.

As I recall I would hear what may have been wood knocks that people speak of as we traveled along during the day and I wondered if it may have just been trees or chunks of wood falling and hitting another tree of chunk of wood. On our trip out of the wilderness we camped along a creek and a couple of guys picked up some dry tree limbs that were baseball bat size and started doing some batting practice seeing how far they could send a rock flying. They made some pretty loud cracks doing that for quite a while. I don't know if they might have attracted the attention of some forrest creatures when they were doing that but they might have.

There were grizzly bears in the area where we were camped and I didn't like the looks of the campsite because someone had camped there before us and had left it kind of dirty. There were some porrkchop bones in the fire pit they'd left that weren't burned and it looked like trouble to me but we camped there anyway. We cooked and ate our supper then set our tents up for the night. We sat around the campfire for a while visiting then turned in for the night.

I think about 2:30 or 3 am I woke up and heard something big walking past my tent. I lay real still and just listened. It was breathing heavy and making kind of a grunt as it walked by. A little way behind it was what sounded like two young Japaese kids jabbering back and forth to each other. I though it was probably a grizzly that went past my tent and those two Japanese kids were going to be running in to that bear and I'd soon hear them screaming. Never heard anything though and I'm sure glad I didn't because even though I had a revolver I'd sure have hated to have to crawl out of that tent and go try to help them.

I just lay there and waited until daylight and we all got up. I asked the others there if they'd heard what I did and no one had and they just kind of looked at me funny when I told them what I'd heard. I looked for tracks but the ground was hard packed and there weren't any. I didn't say anymore about it after that. I looked for recordings of bears to see if I could find a recording of the sounds bears make but never could find anything like what I'd heard going past my tent that night until I listened to a story Greg Yost tells about an encounter he had. I've listened to the Ron Morheads Sierra sounds but they weren't quite like what I heard that sounded like two young Japanese. I don't know what the hell would make to young Japanese kids go hiking in the wilderness though at two or three am in the morning. So I now wonder what walked past my tent that night in the wilderness.

Greg Yost is a real character and kind of interesting to listen too. He tells some stories in this video below and at about the 2:00 mark he does an imitation of something that came down off a hill towards him and his dog "Buddy". The imitation of what he heard coming down off the hill towards him is exactly what I heard going past my tent that night in the Bob Marshall Wilderness minus what sounded like two Japanese kids behind it jabbering to each other.

When I made this post above I couldn't find the Greg Yost video I was looking for. I came across it today so I'm going to put it here so I'll know where to find it. At the 3:30 time mark he does an imitation of what he heard in the park he was in. His imitation of what he heard is exactly what I heard walking past my tent in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in the story above minus what sounded like two young Japanese jabbering back and forth to each other not to far behind.

When I was driving truck over the road the company I was driving for sent me to Indiana and I spent several days there picking up and delivering loads that were short hauls. I'd delivered a load late in the evening and they had another one for me to pick up in south east Indiana. I don't remember what town it was near but I still have all my log books stored away and I could look it up if I dug them out. I think looking back now it was probably in the general vicinity of where Greg Yost was in his story in the video above.

They had drop yards all over the country some large with a hundred or more trailers and some smaller. I did a lot of drop and hook where we'd drop an empty trailer then hook a loaded one that needed to be delivered right away. This yard was out in the country away from town. There were no yard lights there either and it was in the middle of the night when I got there. Dropped my trailer and drove around until I found the one I needed to hook to. Got out, hooked up my airlines, cranked up the landing gear and checked the tires. This yard was surrounded by thick forrest and and I had a feeling come over me like I'd never felt before or since. It was not just fear it was a feeling like dread that made it hard for me to even move.

The trailers we pulled had axles that would slide and we could set them so we wouldn't have problems in the cities making corners with out running over the curbs. I needed to set these axles and the mechanism was stuck and I couldn't get it to work. I was getting in and out of the truck going back and forth trying to get it to slide. All the time with this feeling that was almost paralyzing me. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling this way. I had a Glock 357 sig so I dug it out and put it in my pocket but I still had that feeling. I had to really force myself to get out of that truck and get those axles set but I finally got it. It had got to the point I was about to unhook and get the hell out of there.

When I've listened to people tell their stories on HowtoHunt and other sites they talk about a feeling of dread coming over them and feeling like they are being watched. That's what I was feeling that night trying to get hooked up. I now wonder if there was something watching me that I couldn't see. Because of that experience I think I understand what others are talking about when they say they can't move or are barely able to. I'd picked up and dropped loads all over the country in the middle of the night and in some dangerous areas in cities but I never had that feeling before or after that. I didn't see anything but I still wonder now what made me feel that way that night in that drop yard in the forrest.
    Birth till Death

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (20th July 2021),JDRock (15th July 2021),midnight rambler (13th July 2021),monty (13th July 2021),woodman (13th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

An astonishing 76,000 views on a forum of 12 people! T weed has achieved legend status.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDRock View Post
    An astonishing 76,000 views on a forum of 12 people! T weed has achieved legend status.
    Web crawlers leaving a trail. Nothing like a Democrat vote in a presidential elextion which is untraceable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Web crawlers leaving a trail. Nothing like a Democrat vote in a presidential elextion which is untraceable.
    wrong. again. web crawlers dont troll only ONE thread on ONE sub section of an obscure forum.

Thanks

In Episode 514: Terror In The LBL we are joined by Martin Groves, a retired sheriff, who recently started speaking publicly about his horrific experience in the Land Between The Lakes (LBL) back in 1993. Martin and his hunting partner, who was also a police officer, went on a weekend hunting trip that was supposed to be fun and relaxing. After spending some time in the LBL on their hunts and as nightfall approached, things turn to anything but relaxing. Martin recalls being stalked on his way back to camp where his partner was waiting for him. Then that night through a series of dramatic events, Martin and his partner came to realize that they were being hunted by three upright-walking dogmen. As one dogman came walking into their camp to show itself to them, there were two taunting them from the shadows. They fired upon the creatures and ran for the truck where they encounter more unexpected beasts. Martin and his partner escaped with their lives that night but one hunter not far from their camp wasn't so lucky. After this experience, Martin spent the next 20+ years of his law enforcement career quietly investigating these encounters people were having in the LBL. He's connected a lot of dots and wants to share what he's learned with everyone today in this two-part Overtime episode!

He has a book out with his story. "Beasts Between the Rivers" by Martin Groves.

Birth till Death

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

woodman (1st February 2023)

Thanks

Martin Groves the deputy in the video above, mentions a case David Paulides has in this video below. Martin thinks the sons of the fellow who disappeared in the video above may have heard the same thing he did.

Birth till Death