Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellen yellin' a different song

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    We are still paying and receiving both the debts and Benny's (tech) from his time in office. Will agree Regan was what this nation needed at the time. Seeing the alternatives!

But not today

Some here reading this was not even a glint in their fathers eye, or gasp mistakes!

Hehe
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Re: Yellen yellin' a different song

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Look at history, Funny that under Democrats the economy grows and under repubs it crashes?

Fact !

Not pushing any agenda, but history!
    that reminds me of years ago when I was working for a concrete company. The owner and his sister were both Mormons, who are typically Republican. The sister and her husband also were business people. She came to visit one time and was giving him hell for being and voting Democrat. He told her the same thing you just said. "When the Democrats are in office I make money".
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    that reminds me of years ago when I was working for a concrete company. The owner and his sister were both Mormons, who are typically Republican. The sister and her husband also were business people. She came to visit one time and was giving him hell for being and voting Democrat. He told her the same thing you just said. "When the Democrats are in office I make money".

Attachment 9140

Nuff said...

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

CNN: Why Janet Yellen makes so much sense as Treasury secretary
    Nov.23
    Getting America back to work

As Fed chief, Yellen ignored inflation hawks who (incorrectly, in hindsight) pushed her to rapidly raise interest rates. Instead, she patiently waited [until a Republican President was in power] to hike rates to allow more time for the economy to heal from the Great Recession and boost employment.

With interest rates at zero, the Fed has limited power today to further bolster the economy and address inequality. But at Treasury, Yellen could quarterback fiscal policy at a time when it's the only game in town.

"A Yellen-led Treasury would use the fiscal firepower of the United States to return to full employment," said Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM US. "Yellen would be a great pick because she speaks to the whole economy."

Given expectations the US Senate will be run by Republicans, that firepower could be directed towards an infrastructure package designed to create millions of jobs.

"Leaning toward full employment as opposed to unnecessary worries about inflation would create the conditions for what will be called the Biden boom," Brusuelas said.
    Reuters: U.S. could adopt carbon tax under a Biden presidency -ex-Fed Chair Yellen
    LONDON, Oct 8 (Reuters) - Former Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen said bipartisan concern over climate change could see the United States adopt a tax on carbon emissions, with the proceeds shared with households, if Democrat Joe Biden is elected President in November.

Yellen, who served as Fed chair from 2014-2018, said the combination of social injustices exposed by the coronavirus pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests, and wildfires in California, could boost support for the proposal.

“There really is a new kind of recognition that you’ve got a society where capitalism is beginning to run amok and needs to be readjusted in order to make sure that what we’re doing is sustainable and the benefits of growth are widely shared in ways they haven’t been,” Yellen told Reuters in an interview on Wednesday.

“What I see is a growing recognition on both sides of the aisle that climate change is a very serious concern and that action needs to occur,” she said.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews