Here is a guy who says his family uses milk of magnesia as an underarm deodorant. He did not elaborate about how long the odor protection lasts but said it is good. Apparently leaves a dry chalky powder after drying and it adhears to the skin. I would say try to dust off that chalky stuff before putting on clothes.

This is a good tip in case you run out of deodorant and need something immediately as many people keep a bottle of milk of magnesia on hand in the medicine cabinet. Also since Walmart and other drugstores usually have their own brand of milk of magnesia, this could be a very low cost deodorant if it really works good.

I have a skin condition and I cannot use regular deodorants and antiperspirants. Had to have a painful operation because of that and the doctor used something called a "derma-jet" to bullet-shoot into a furuncle a capsule of antibiotics. Do not ever have that.

The person who owns this company...

https://silver-botanicals.com/produc...deodorant.html

lives around the corner from me and I buy his silver-based deodorant and it has disappeared my skin problem and is a good long lasting deodorant. It is kind of pricey but to me it is worth it.

The crystal thing for deodorant often contains alum which is an aluminum product.

Need to find low-cost, effective, alternatives for things we use every day.

I use baking soda for toothpaste. Very cheap. No cavities for decades. No fluoride. Good stuff.