Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes

A research group in New Jersey has taken a fresh look at postelection polling data and concluded that the number of noncitizens voting illegally in U.S. elections is likely far greater than previous estimates.

As many as 5.7 million noncitizens may have voted in the 2008 election, which put Barack Obama in the White House.

The research organization Just Facts, a widely cited, independent think tank led by self-described conservatives and libertarians, revealed its number-crunching in a report on national immigration.

Just Facts President James D. Agresti and his team looked at data from an extensive Harvard/YouGov study that every two years questions a sample size of tens of thousands of voters. Some acknowledge they are noncitizens and are thus ineligible to vote.

Just Facts’ conclusions confront both sides in the illegal voting debate: those who say it happens a lot and those who say the problem nonexistent.

In one camp, there are groundbreaking studies by professors at Old Dominion University in Virginia who attempted to compile scientifically derived illegal voting numbers using the Harvard data, called the Cooperative Congressional Election Study.

On the other side are the professors who conducted the study and contended that “zero” noncitizens of about 18 million adults in the U.S. voted. The liberal mainstream media adopted this position and proclaimed the Old Dominion work was “debunked.”

The ODU professors, who stand by their work in the face of attacks from the left, concluded that in 2008 as few as 38,000 and as many as 2.8 million noncitizens voted.

Mr. Agresti’s analysis of the same polling data settled on much higher numbers. He estimated that as many as 7.9 million noncitizens were illegally registered that year and 594,000 to 5.7 million voted.

These numbers are more in line with the unverified estimates given by President Trump, who said the number of ballots cast by noncitizens was the reason he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton.

Last month, the president signed an executive order setting up a commission to try to find on-the-ground truth in illegal voting. Headed by Vice President Mike Pence, the panel also will look at outdated voter lists across the nation with names of dead people and multiple registrants.

For 2012, Just Facts said, 3.2 million to 5.6 million noncitizens were registered to vote and 1.2 million to 3.6 million of them voted.

Mr. Agresti lays out his reasoning in a series of complicated calculations, which he compares to U.S. Census Bureau figures for noncitizen residents. Polls show noncitizens vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

“The details are technical, but the figure I calculated is based on a more conservative margin of sampling error and a methodology that I consider to be more accurate,” Mr. Agresti told The Washington Times.

He believes the Harvard/YouGov researchers based their “zero” claim on two flawed assumptions. First, they assumed that people who said they voted and identified a candidate did not vote unless their names showed up in a database.

“This is illogical, because such databases are unlikely to verify voters who use fraudulent identities, and millions of noncitizens use them,” Mr. Agresti said.

He cites government audits that show large numbers of noncitizens use false IDs and Social Security numbers in order to function in the U.S., which could include voting.

Second, Harvard assumed that respondent citizens sometimes misidentified themselves as noncitizens but also concluded that noncitizens never misidentified themselves as citizens, Mr. Agresti said.

“This is irrational, because illegal immigrants often claim they are citizens in order to conceal the fact that they are in the U.S. illegally,” he said.

Some of the polled noncitizens denied they were registered to vote when publicly available databases show that they were, he said.

This conclusion, he said, is backed by the Harvard/YouGov study’s findings of consumer and vote data matches for 90 percent of participants but only 41 percent of noncitizen respondents.

As to why his numbers are higher than the besieged ODU professors’ study, Mr. Agresti said: “I calculated the margin of sampling error in a more cautious way to ensure greater confidence in the results, and I used a slightly different methodology that I think is more accurate.”

There is hard evidence outside of polling that noncitizens do vote. Conservative activists have conducted limited investigations in Maryland and Virginia that found thousands of aliens were registered.

These inquiries, such as comparing noncitizen jury pool rejections to voter rolls, captured just a snapshot. But conservatives say they show there is a much broader problem that a comprehensive probe by the Pence commission could uncover.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, which fights voter fraud, released one of its most comprehensive reports last month.

Its investigation found that Virginia removed more than 5,500 noncitizens from voter lists, including 1,852 people who had cast more than 7,000 ballots. The people volunteered their status, most likely when acquiring driver’s licenses. The Public Interest Legal Foundation said there are likely many more illegal voters on Virginia’s rolls who have never admitted to being noncitizens.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-than-estimat/
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (16th July 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes

My shocked face! :-O
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua01 For This Useful Post:

Twisted Titan (18th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Here's the thing about this:

1) the elections are rigged, and the people didn't elect Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (to the Senate) and Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi;

or

2) the elections are actually honest, and the people freely elected Barack Obama...and Donald Trump.

Which one is it?

That being said, I will say this: I know there is election fraud from personal experience. I haven't lived in my birth county for 19 years, yet, their rolls still show me as "registered" there. This despite the fact I registered in two other counties since that, and, I actively cancelled my registration in my current home county, which should have removed me as an active voter in the entire state. I imagine someone is using that ballot...
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

hoarder (17th July 2017),Twisted Titan (18th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    I actively cancelled my registration in my current home county, which should have removed me as an active voter in the entire state. I imagine someone is using that ballot...
    The fact that you tried to cancel your registration just tells them they can use your name without fear of you showing up to the polls and being told you already voted that day. Genius when you think about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Twisted Titan (18th July 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    The fact that you tried to cancel your registration just tells them they can use your name without fear of you showing up to the polls and being told you already voted that day. Genius when you think about it.
    That could be, but I should be registered in four or five counties, if that was the case. Maybe I am, but the database only shows one.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

the day people understand that power will always manipulate votes, we'll have a lot more peace in the world
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Here's the thing about this:

1) the elections are rigged, and the people didn't elect Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (to the Senate) and Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi;
    or Trumpstein.

or

2) the elections are actually honest, and the people freely elected Barack Obama...and Donald Trump.

Which one is it?

That being said, I will say this: I know there is election fraud from personal experience. I haven't lived in my birth county for 19 years, yet, their rolls still show me as "registered" there. This despite the fact I registered in two other counties since that, and, I actively cancelled my registration in my current home county, which should have removed me as an active voter in the entire state. I imagine someone is using that ballot...
    There was voter fraud before the days of Diebold, but today all elections in electronic ballot states are completely fraudulent. Since there are more electronic states than paper ballot states, presidential elections are completely rigged, including Presidential elections. For that reason we have no hope whatsoever that Trump might be on our side.
    The OP is a distraction.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

That could be, but I should be registered in four or five counties, if that was the case. Maybe I am, but the database only shows one.
    You should go and try and vote in all of them, next time...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    You should go and try and vote in all of them, next time...
    Headlines: "White Supremacist Nazi arrested for multiple counts of election fraud"

Just because Meskins get by with it doesn't mean you would.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th July 2017),Neuro (17th July 2017),Twisted Titan (18th July 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    Headlines: "White Supremacist Nazi arrested for multiple counts of election fraud"
    EXACTLY!

Oh, they'd trot everything I've ever posted under my real name and every pseudonym. Pocahontas Warren and Kuntmala Harris would be shrieking about the "danger" of "right-wing extremist election fraud." And the Jewsmedia would give endless coverage of it for days.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

hoarder (17th July 2017)