Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Police opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Councilwoman Cindy Bass said the following about the incident Monday: “It is clear that this situation highlights a serious need in the City of Philadelphia. One of the things I hear time and time again from our youth is that they do not have anything to do, especially in the summer.

Summer jobs used to be all the rage back in the day but that requires more than two brain cells to figure out. I doubt the black 'youths' in Philadelphia qualify!
    This is the fault of the minimum wage. Nobody's going to hire a "youth" at $15/hr to sweep floors or wash dishes.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    They asked him for his disc jockey license and he didn't have one. You know Neuro, we should be thankful that the government licenses disc jockeys, to protect us from the dangers of unauthorized music playing.
    Obviously, all this wouldn't have happened if a licensed dj had been there, it is obvious that that the unauthorized music made the youfs go crazy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (19th July 2017),madfranks (18th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

They asked him for his disc jockey license and he didn't have one. You know Neuro, we should be thankful that the government licenses disc jockeys, to protect us from the dangers of unauthorized music playing.
    Not a "disc jockey license," but more likely a business license. Can't "engage in commerce" without paying the monetary tribute to your local Soviet. Likely the shitty code requires a business license of such "public performances."
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

This is the fault of the minimum wage. Nobody's going to hire a "youth" at $15/hr to sweep floors or wash dishes.
    That's a canard (nothing personal, just something the "conservatives" spew mindlessly).

There are plenty of openings nationwide for $15/hour. The trouble is, the modern "youth," not only Black, but White, as well, don't want to:

1) show up on time;
    2) look smart;
    3) be diligent;
    4) actually work.

Every business in the area has a chronic problem filling their positions because people don't bother showing up for the interview, or, if hired, bother coming to work on time. If the business tests for marijuana, oh, boy, you might as well shut down the shop, since you'll find one qualified worker for every five positions!

Then, if they make it that far, they are disagreeable, nasty, generally lazy, think pajamas are "work attire," and on and on. My daughter is a shift manager at a busy local restaurant, and I hear it every day. I also get intel feeds from the lumber mills. And this area is still mostly White!
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (19th July 2017),Neuro (19th July 2017)