Thread: Making Rings from coins

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Making Rings from coins

Cam across a how to make a ring video and watched a few more. Interesting. Seems easy enough if you have patience for it.

This guy makes and sells his items. I guess most of them do. He has a few tools that make like easier and the results better.

This was the first one I saw. He has done this without special tools to show it can be done with basics, although he does have better tools as well.

I wouldn't mind one of these. I can't think of any Australian coins I would want to make one from but plenty of US coins. the first guy has a web site with some nice examples. A JFK coin, some walking liberties of course and a few others. Morgans.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

agnut (23rd August 2016),madfranks (14th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Making Rings from coins

"Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Glass (14th July 2016)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Making Rings from coins

I've got a few round 50cent pieces. 1/3 ounce silver. Was wondering what they would turn out like. About the size of the florin. The faces are often very worn, both the florin and the shilling look pretty good.

I also thought about pennies, but being copper I didn't know if they would work well as rings. I see they have a couple examples and they look quite good. We used to have some pennies that had a hole in the centre of them. There are quite a lot of them around and I have a fair few somewhere, or I did. Not sure if I still have them.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.