Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Glock pistol accessory for configuring a personal defense weapon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Re: Sweet Glock pistol accessory for configuring a personal defense weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    I recently sold my Kahr P9. Never felt it was truly life-depend-on-it reliable although it never misfired. Fit my hand perfectly. Crimson trace made it ideal. Perfect for a front pocket holster.

I'm annoyed that the single-stack Glock isn't already perfect out of the box. Beyond silly that it needs a magazine extender for a decent grip. Ditto that it needs a trigger job.

Maybe the next gen will (finally) get it right...

The gun is fine by itself, I do think it should have a decent set of night sights put on it though, at the minimum.
    I'll have this for a long time, I just wanted to make it suit me now.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (27th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

I was curious what the difference is between the Glock 43 and the 26, 27 and 33 were for size. Looks like it's just a little bit slimmer than the other subcompacts. I have a 33 in 357 sig and the conversion barrels for 9mm and 40SW. I had a trigger job done on mine to lighten it up and it helped me a lot to stay on target.

I put a laser max guide rod on it that is right on at 30 feet which is close enough for anything I'd probably be shooting at in the dark. I also have some Trijicon night sights on it that show up well and it's easy to see at night with the sights glowing on the stand by my bed or recliner.

I've been trying different ways of concealed carry too and the best I've tried are the Galco royal guard IWB and the Galco jackass shoulder rig with the "canted" holster. The shoulder rig conceals well under a light jacket or vest and I can carry two 15rd magazines on one side and my pistol on the other with 11rds. It's comfortable balances well, doesn't need a tie down and the pistol hangs at about a 45 degree angle that makes it easier to conceal.

It seems to me after shooting the 357 sig that the 9mm is a little under powered. I use the 9mm for practice because it's a lot cheaper to buy. For self defense I load up with 357 sig. I have the conversion barrels for a shtf situation so I have more options and I also have an AR15 that shoots 9mm.

There's a a comparison at this link on the GLK 43 and the other Gocks that is pretty good.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...26-vs-glock43/

hickok45 does a good comparison of the GLK 43 and others on this video
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (28th August 2017),midnight rambler (29th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Chapter 2
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (28th August 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Chapter 2
    A couple points regarding the vid, the Talon grips have been improved since this vid, they fit the gun perfectly now with no gaps. I have the Talon skateboard grips on my 26, which I also like.

2. I went with the plus 3 Taran base plate for my backup mag, because you get a new stronger spring with it. I don't like the idea of adding 2 rounds with a 6 +1 spring.

I have a clip-on folding knife sheath to carry the +3 mag. You can't see the mag, it just looks like you're carrying a buck knife.

I have a G26 and the 43 may not look much smaller, but there is a big difference in the hand and for carrying.

I'm still a big fan of the G26, easier to shoot. I had two G26's, I sold one when I bought this.

The holsters I have so far is the are the DeSantis pocket-Tuk duel purpose $20 and I have a Bianchi 100 Professional on the way, Amazon $40

DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (28th August 2017),TroyOz (28th August 2017)

Thanks

Bought the 43 earlier this year - I've done nothing to it, seems fine to me. Bought a conceal carry vest for the cooler weather coming up.

http://www.wyomingtraders.com/concealed-carry-vest/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TroyOz View Post
    Bought the 43 earlier this year - I've done nothing to it, seems fine to me. Bought a conceal carry vest for the cooler weather coming up.

If you only do one thing to your 43, sights! If you change them yourself, get the front sight tool. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Glock-Fr...MAAOSwnQhXoz9u

Another good option to look at are the new Truglo tritium pro, $69. I'll probably put these on my 26.

If you like these, I do, this is the best price you'll find b/c of the $20 rebate good through Jan 2018 These are the new improved version 2016.
    Final cost $88
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2016-Tru...AAAOSwNdhZhLoJ

DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (28th August 2017),midnight rambler (29th August 2017),TroyOz (28th August 2017)

Thanks

This is a review of Trijicon night sights that's interesting. I don't have the yellow or orange sights on mine, just the green dots. I should have gotten the rear sight with a hook but I didn't. I've got a little rheumatism or arthritis in my hands and it's getting harder to grip the slide.

Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    This is a review of Trijicon night sights that's interesting. I don't have the yellow or orange sights on mine, just the green dots. I should have gotten the rear sight with a hook but I didn't. I've got a little rheumatism or arthritis in my hands and it's getting harder to grip the slide.

Stop the vid @ 2:15, looks like the guy filed the sharp edges on the poorly finished Trijicon rear sight. I've seen that before in other videos. TruGlo's are better in that respect, cheaper too.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Stop the vid @ 2:15, looks like the guy filed the sharp edges on the poorly finished Trijicon rear sight. I've seen that before in other videos. TruGlo's are better in that respect, cheaper too.
    My sights appear to be nicely finished but I see what you're looking at in the video and it does look bad.
    Birth till Death

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TroyOz View Post

TroyOz have you tried carrying anything larger than the GLK 43 in that vest? I've thought about trying one of those for my 44mag and 45LC revolvers. They are pretty heavy and I'd think they'd pull the vest out of shape but I don't know how they're built or if that's a problem.

I have a couple of Wyoming Traders canvas vests that I wear a lot in cooler weather and the Ruger Lcp 380 fits and carries nice in an inside pocket. They are nice vests and the ones I have conceal the shoulder rig for my Glock pretty well. I like wearing vests because they have lots of pockets and I always seem to have lots of things to stick in them.
    Birth till Death

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (29th August 2017),TroyOz (28th August 2017)