Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cancelling credit cards

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: Cancelling credit cards

You should receive a terms notice at all your other cards within the coming weeks removing any cash back perks and interest rate tripling.

Plastic Seppuku.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    They don't charge interest if you pay it off in the first month. Maybe that's how I got a zero balance. I routinely paid off the full balance before interest was charged. There was a zero balance for months, so I didn't have this issue.

That's a damn good point you make though. Once they got their hooks in you, damned if they let them go.
    you and hoarder are both right. if you always pay off, no interest, but once you enter the interest game every charge immediately adds to it

hoarder -- I think you know the answer -- you have to add some extra to the final bill payment to cover the interest during that time period from when the bill was generated until they receive and cash your payment

Iridium
    Thanks

something stupid I like to do is round all of my bills up to the next whole dollar. makes the fckers keep track of owing me 39 cents

I also have a 4.99 unsecured loan from citi from 2005ish. paid it down hard early, then ten bucks a month for last 3 years or so - just for kicks. only 4 more ten dollar payments and that kitchen remodel from 2005 is all mine

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    something stupid I like to do is round all of my bills up to the next whole dollar. makes the fckers keep track of owing me 39 cents

I also have a 4.99 unsecured loan from citi from 2005ish. paid it down hard early, then ten bucks a month for last 3 years or so - just for kicks. only 4 more ten dollar payments and that kitchen remodel from 2005 is all mine
    Time to remodel the Kitchen then!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

cheka. (25th October 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Time to remodel the Kitchen then!
    or hurricane harvey repairs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Neuro (26th October 2017)

Thanks

or hurricane harvey repairs
    I see so you are one of those evil anti-Semitic Israel boycotters, whom uncle Satan won't pay out Harvey reparations too... or does the Harvey reparations only go to California's actors guild nowadays?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Neuro (17th November 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Dayum you are merciless! Still I can't stop laughing!