Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "This Could Be Huge": Gold Bar Certified By Royal Canadian Mint Exposed As Fake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

"This Could Be Huge": Gold Bar Certified By Royal Canadian Mint Exposed As Fake

Joy Creations owner Samuel Tang contacted CBC News when neither RBC nor the
    mint would take back the one-ounce gold piece he'd purchased

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...uel-tang_0.JPG

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...ake-gold_0.JPG

Attachment 9396

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...t-exposed-fake

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: "This Could Be Huge": Gold Bar Certified By Royal Canadian Mint Exposed As Fake

Samuel Tang purchased what he thought was a one-ounce bar of 99.9999% pure, Royal Canadian Mint gold from a Royal Bank branch
    Um, somebody needs to tell the author of that article that 9999 fine gold is 99.99%, not 99.9999%. I think the most that Canada makes is a 99.999% for their gold maple leafs.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Re: "This Could Be Huge": Gold Bar Certified By Royal Canadian Mint Exposed As Fake

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Um, somebody needs to tell the author of that article that 9999 fine gold is 99.99%, not 99.9999%. I think the most that Canada makes is a 99.999% for their gold maple leafs.
    Think you are right , the canukes do take the extra steps. I have no doubt that pure 100% 24 kart gold can be made, but if it brushes any other metal and melted in any container not neutral it will be contaminated. And not worth the extra steps. Think biting your round or such and leaving teeth marks, (If you have strong teeth)

Tho for electronics the purer the better as a market goes.
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Prediction: the RCMP will be getting their man, Mr. Tang, very shortly.

The logical presumption of the real scenario: Mr. Tang imported the phony from the homeland, and is trying to pass it off as the real RCM he actually did buy.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...OPIC_ID=273586

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...in-assay-cards
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Think biting your round or such and leaving teeth marks, (If you have strong teeth)
    I could be wrong but the bite test was to detect lead rather than gold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

monty (31st October 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Prediction: the RCMP will be getting their man, Mr. Tang, very shortly.

The logical presumption of the real scenario: Mr. Tang imported the phony from the homeland, and is trying to pass it off as the real RCM he actually did buy.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...OPIC_ID=273586

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...in-assay-cards
    Yeah, I was a little suspicious of that too. Based on nothing more than his claims, they refunded the cost and are performing an investigation. I suspect they'll conclude the same thing. It would have been better for his case if he left the bar intact in the plastic case, and proved it was fake via XRF or other nondestructive analysis.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

crimethink (30th October 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Really? I always thought it was to determine real or fake gold, which is why all the cowboys used to bite their coins to see if it was real gold or not. Was it common to counterfeit gold coins with lead back then?
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Hell no, 23 karat gold is soft and the more twords 24 softer... Hell good gold you can dent and scratch the metal. Bite test in the way back days was valid. If really good shit you can scratch it with your fingernails. But as you stated, gold plate ? who in the fuck knows other than doing a gravity test And digging into the item at a random area, there is beauty is skin deep but true beauty is past its core. " Which works with also people , but with people beauity is skin deep which is a truth" (the core can be rotten)

Fact!

That is why most gold that is worn is an alloy or other metals to make it more wear proof. which jewelry it depends on having sumpthing that can be passed on to the next generation, or not and still hold its details of work or casting.

Plus the lost value of weight as the peace wears down which all jewelry will do with wear and tear.

Rings are the worst as far as wear,

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I always thought it was to determine real or fake gold, which is why all the cowboys used to bite their coins to see if it was real gold or not.
    Cowboys are always looking for gold foil covered chocolate. They commonly have what is called a sweet tooth.

Possible a gold coin might have been hollowed out and the drill hold plugged. Biting would collapse the coin where voids occur. That is unless the void was filled with some form of molten metal.

Everyone knows about clipping coins. It why reeded edges were introduced to make it obvious the coin has been clipped.

Thanks

Cowboys are always looking for gold foil covered chocolate. They commonly have what is called a sweet tooth.

Possible a gold coin might have been hollowed out and the drill hold plugged. Biting would collapse the coin where voids occur. That is unless the void was filled with some form of molten metal.

Everyone knows about clipping coins. It why reeded edges were introduced to make it obvious the coin has been clipped.
    Ok, I call bull shit , you know your shit, U just outed yourself, newbee, I think not.

Now what is your real agenda?

Especially after good advice and your trying to expand off into no new one would think of. two good metal houses to look a for education

And now this question, my spider senses are yelling at me.