Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time gold buyer - American Gold Eagle Coin

Thanks

Re: First time gold buyer - American Gold Eagle Coin

Silver is a good buy right now compared to gold. I basically follow the gold to silver ratio in my PM buying and selling. Right now you get about 75 oz's of silver for each oz of gold - if the ratio flips, I sell silver and buy gold (for me that would be around 35 to 40 ratio).

http://www.kitco.com/Gold_Silver_Rat...io-charts.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TroyOz For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (7th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TroyOz View Post
    Silver is a good buy right now compared to gold. I basically follow the gold to silver ratio in my PM buying and selling. Right now you get about 75 oz's of silver for each oz of gold - if the ratio flips, I sell silver and buy gold (for me that would be around 35 to 40 ratio).

http://www.kitco.com/Gold_Silver_Rat...io-charts.html
    Silver appears to be so underpriced right now. At less than $17/oz it seems almost ridiculously low.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

TroyOz (7th November 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

op was just here to market that website

unless proven otherwise

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (7th November 2017),monty (7th November 2017)

Zinc
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    op was just here to market that website

unless proven otherwise
    How so?

I asked about LearCapital and people said it wasn't a great idea.
    I decided to order something off of Silver.com because I wanted something for now. I then said I was going to make a post asking about it in the silver forums.

See if there are any better deals out there than silver.com that were trusted. I don't even know if silver.com is that great of a place to shop. I still have the feeling that if it seems too good to be true then it might be. That's kind of how I feel about silver.com for now, but it seemed trust worthy at least enough to get me to buy.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zodoga View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I changed my mind on the gold. I decided to start out in silver.

I ordered a 10 oz silver bar from silver.com. They had the cheapest prices through some research that I could find.

Also more comfortable starting out at a lower point. 10 oz silver bar was around $180.

I'm going to post in silver before I order again, but I just wanted to get something right away.
    Quoting myself not to confuse anyone. Before I get too far into it I'm going to ask about silver.com. Because I really don't know what's the best out there.

Here was my thinking. I did some market research and what I noticed is Gold topped out at around $1600 and it's now down to $1200 or so. Silver on the other hand was $60 at top value and is now down to $17 roughly 1/3rd the price. Don't quote me on the prices.

I then did some research on websites and just so happened silver.com was the best price. I don't know in the long run if they have sales on silver or gold bars. If they do then silver.com wouldn't be the best place to shop all the time anyways.

I'm kind of the person that does too much research sometimes then never gets into something. I decided to just take a leap on this one and go with my gut feeling.

Iridium
    Thanks

so you ordered from that site without asking us about it. if you had asked, you would have been given multiple options with better reputations and pricing. but you didn't ask -

too, your op post was over a week old - you got several replies and didn't respond to the members that were helping you

we've dealt with a lot of scammers - so guilty until proven innocent is the mindset. if you join in conversations and not promote random-ass websites, like the one you posted, we'll let you in the club and give you sterling advice

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Hitch (7th November 2017),Jewboo (7th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

so you ordered from that site without asking us about it. if you had asked, you would have been given multiple options with better reputations and pricing. but you didn't ask -

too, your op post was over a week old - you got several replies and didn't respond to the members that were helping you

we've dealt with a lot of scammers - so guilty until proven innocent is the mindset. if you join in conversations and not promote random-ass websites, like the one you posted, we'll let you in the club and give you sterling advice

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...hm53258f73.jpg
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

cheka. (7th November 2017),crimethink (7th November 2017)

Zinc
    Thanks

I responded and told them I changed my mind. I was looking at gold then changed my mind to start with silver instead. I was telling people that when I came back to post.

I apologize if it came off as if I was promoting a site. I said I was going to ask about it in the silver forums. See what people think about silver.com. Just telling people what I did at the same time. That way they know I changed my mind and I need to go see what they think of silver.com in the silver forums.

I was just trying to explain to people what I did and that I changed my mind.

I might of gotten a little carried away. I might of been too excited that I was getting my first silver bar ever and the way I shared the update wasn't the best route possible because you thought I was promoting the site.

Iridium
    Thanks

you've typed 'silver.com' SEVEN TIMES in FOUR posts on this site

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (10th July 2018)

Zinc
    Thanks

you've typed 'silver.com' SEVEN TIMES in FOUR posts on this site
    It's what we are discussing. You said other places have better reputation and prices. If anything I'm showing you I'm not promoting it by giving your space to speak and say it's not the best out there.

Thanks

If you are new to metals and want to get a good deal, try the Bold Welcome Packs - you get to pick from a variety of premium coins from around the world and pay spot price. It's a one time deal, but you can't beat it.

https://boldpreciousmetals.com/produ...ory/promotion/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TroyOz For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (9th November 2017),madfranks (8th November 2017)