Thread: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles

When your fire extinguisher fails to discharge when you need it, that's a hell of a price to pay for a plastic handle!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

crimethink (2nd November 2017),Joshua01 (2nd November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Re: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    When your fire extinguisher fails to discharge when you need it, that's a hell of a price to pay for a plastic handle!
    I thought that plastic handles/valves were a profit-generating measure from recent years, but these damned things have been made since 1973!

I wonder what the cost of this recall will be? Potentially 40,000,000+ extinguishers having to be replaced, with shipping both ways, cost of disposal, plus the extra staff to handle the process. Granted, a lot of them have been decommissioned long ago, and many people won't hear about this or won't bother.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12