Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A2 Milk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Re: A2 Milk

I think the important distinction is whether the milk is raw or cooked. Cooked milk has very little nutritional value. Our rulers have outlawed raw milk, didn't they?, so unless you or a friend has a milk cow, you might as well forget drinking milk. I gave it up long ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I don't have enough patience to suffer through videos. Can you tell me what a2 milk is and what is wrong with drinking non a2 milk?
    from wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2_milk

A2 milk

"a2" branded milk on sale

A2 milk is cow's milk that mostly lacks a form of β-casein proteins called A1 and instead has mostly the A2 form.[1] Milk like this was brought to market by The a2 Milk Companyand is sold mostly in Australia, New Zealand, China, United States and the United Kingdom.[2]
    The a2 Milk Company claims that milk containing A1 proteins is harmful, but a 2009 European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) review found that there was insufficient evidence to prove that bioactive peptides in A1 milk have a negative effect on health.[2]
    A1 and A2 beta-casein are genetic variants of the beta-casein milk protein that differ by one amino acid. The A1 beta-casein type is the most common type found in cow's milk in Europe (excluding France), the USA, Australia and New Zealand. A genetic test, developed by the a2 Milk Company, determines whether a cow produces A2 or A1 type protein in its milk. The test allows the company to certify milk producers as producing milk that does not metabolise to β-casomorphin 7.[3]

Contents

Health effectsEdit

The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) reviewed the scientific literature and published their results in 2009. As part of their evaluation, the EFSA looked at the laboratory studies that had been done on BCM-7 where they had found that BCM-7 can act as a weak opioid receptor agonist.[2] The EFSA found no relationship between chronic diseases and drinking milk with the A1 protein.[2] In most of the animal studies, BCM-7 was not administered orally, as humans would be exposed to it, but rather was given to animals by injection into the peritoneal cavity or even directly into the spinal cord or brain, which makes these studies not useful for understanding how BCM-7 might affect humans.[2] The EFSA found no relationship between chronic diseases and drinking milk with the A1 protein.[2] The EFSA study emphasized the dangers of drawing conclusions from correlations identified in epidemiological studies and the dangers of not reviewing all the evidence at hand.[2] Another 2009 review found no demonstration that consuming milk with A1 casein causes diabetes.[4] A 2014 review of research into the relationship between consumption of dairy products (including A1 and A2 proteins) and the incidence of diabetes found that while there appears to be a positive correlation between consumption of dairy products by babies and the incidence of type 1 diabetes (T1D), and an inverse relationship between the consumption of dairy products and the development of type 2 diabetes (T2D), these correlations are tentative; it is impossible to determine what component or components of milk might be responsible for these effects, and it is unlikely that the expensive and complex research to determine the answers to these questions will ever be conducted.[5]
    Milk with predominantly A2 protein is not a milk substitute for infants with cow milk protein allergies.[6]
    The a2 Milk Company claims that people who experience discomfort drinking ordinary cows' milk may experience relief when they switch to milk with predominantly A2 protein.[7][8][9]

Continued . .
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2_milk

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

I gave up cows milk some time ago and switched to almond milk. I found almond milk has many of the characteristics of cows milk that I enjoy* but without all the fat. It serves its purpose for me anyway. Your mileage may vary!

*It's white, it's cold and it mimics cow's milk quite well with shredded wheat and chocolate cake
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!