Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI will be your god

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: AI will be your god

So, essentially very soon it will be impossible to tell if any video or photo is real or fake.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Hitch (19th November 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    So, essentially very soon it will be impossible to tell if any video or photo is real or fake.
    Combine that with bots completely independently creating and posting jootube videos with ZERO interaction with humans (e.g. those ‘children’s cartoons’ I posted earlier) and let your imagination run wild.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Hitch (19th November 2017),madfranks (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

knowledge will further enslavement when people allow themselves to be distracted by greed and moral relativism, which are both illusions to star with.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Combine that with bots completely independently creating and posting jootube videos with ZERO interaction with humans (e.g. those ‘children’s cartoons’ I posted earlier) and let your imagination run wild.
    Added to this demoralizing thought, imagine the damage AI bots could do to people's social media, such as facebook. Posting fake, but realistic, videos of people cheating on their spouses, telling their coworkers to fuck off, etc.

This is yet another reason why social media is a bad idea, for now, and especially for the future. Don't have a facebook, don't have a youtube, fly under the radar...if people want to know how you are doing, they can pick up the phone and call, instead of being stupid and lazy in front of a computer.
    life is good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

This is all ofcourse just until they fabricate original and rapid dna odor verification systems.

Soon, You will in essence be able to scratch and sniff the real President Trump.

Like Gold the odor unable to replicate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Added to this demoralizing thought, imagine the damage AI bots could do to people's social media, such as facebook. Posting fake, but realistic, videos of people cheating on their spouses, telling their coworkers to fuck off, etc.

This is yet another reason why social media is a bad idea, for now, and especially for the future. Don't have a facebook, don't have a youtube, fly under the radar...if people want to know how you are doing, they can pick up the phone and call, instead of being stupid and lazy in front of a computer.
    Indeed, AI will be creating *reality*.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

monty (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

I keep my 629 right here on my computer desk, if AI tries to start some shit
    with me, it's so dead.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old steel For This Useful Post:

C.Martel (13th December 2017),midnight rambler (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old steel View Post
    I keep my 629 right here on my computer desk, if AI tries to start some shit
    with me, it's so dead.
    It's waiting until you are asleep
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post

It's waiting until you are asleep
    There's idiots then willful idiots! Only explanation ! (Bunch of willful ones here)

Tho tech in time may become self aware for sure, it will happen , sadly !

When I was paying attention, working on sub 6 microns or so!

Now for the unwashed, along with smart code ! I Predict it will happen in a few genorations from now!

Quantium computing

Once it maturewill be the breaker Point!
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."