Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling silver for profit

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Selling silver for profit

Quote Originally Posted by Zodoga View Post
    One of the major websites.

Stacking 10 oz bars over a long period of time (maybe 50-70 years). Hoping in the long run I will be profitable.

Trying to get everything set up correctly now so I don't have to go back and set it up if something happens.

Probably didn't word it the best way. If you make a profit I should of said.

I'm keeping the receipts as well.
    Why the fuck do you worry about taxes now? Especially if you have no intention of cashing out until 50-70 years later... you are around 30 now? That means you'll be somewhere between 80-100. Most likely you'll be dead, if not, most likely the USD you purchased your PM's in will be gone, replaced with something else, if not the value of those receipts would be negligible vs the price you sell the gold and silver for.

In fact most likely you'll live in a post-apocalyptic world where the least of your worries is the IRS.

You stated in an earlier thread that you are a disabled vet. What is your disability, and where did you serve?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Zinc
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Why the fuck do you worry about taxes now? Especially if you have no intention of cashing out until 50-70 years later... you are around 30 now? That means you'll be somewhere between 80-100. Most likely you'll be dead, if not, most likely the USD you purchased your PM's in will be gone, replaced with something else, if not the value of those receipts would be negligible vs the price you sell the gold and silver for.

In fact most likely you'll live in a post-apocalyptic world where the least of your worries is the IRS.

You stated in an earlier thread that you are a disabled vet. What is your disability, and where did you serve?
    I'm in my 20s (70-90). I figure I'll live to at least 70.

PTSD - Mississippi and Georgia.

I may sell before depending on certain aspects, but I may also keep it for my entire life.

I don't want to have to worry about going back and dealing with it later.

Military taught me to always address issues up front rather than worry about them later on. That aspect continues to be with me after I'm out. Always address it from the start. Don't wait around until it's too late. My personal philosophy not trying to push it on you.

Thanks

How did you get post traumatic stress disorder in Georgia and Mississippi? If you don't mind me asking...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Zinc
    Thanks

How did you get post traumatic stress disorder in Georgia and Mississippi? If you don't mind me asking...
    Oh you mean combat wise. I don't share that with anyone online. I generally keep that to the VA or places I trust. I was just saying I wasn't chinese or whatever. I'm just a normal guy.

Thanks

Oh you mean combat wise. I don't share that with anyone online. I generally keep that to the VA or places I trust. I was just saying I wasn't chinese or whatever. I'm just a normal guy.
    Fine no worries. I would guess Afghanistan if you are in your twenties as there hasn't been much of American fighting in Iraq the last ten years. I suppose Libya and Syria (undercover) are possible as well.

What is your opinion of Hillary Clinton?

I am sorry about your PTSD though, does it impact your daily life a lot?

Zinc
    Thanks

Fine no worries. I would guess Afghanistan if you are in your twenties as there hasn't been much of American fighting in Iraq the last ten years. I suppose Libya and Syria (undercover) are possible as well.

What is your opinion of Hillary Clinton?

I am sorry about your PTSD though, does it impact your daily life a lot?
    I don't know how much is true about it all over the past 30 years. I know about Bengazi and the server wiping. I figure she's probably one of the dirtiest if not the dirtiest in politics. I'm pretty young though so I don't know everything about Clinton. I didn't really start paying attention to politics until after I got out of the military, but that's when it started getting really heated and probably due to me being young as well.

PTSD - I get flashbacks. PTSD is kind of a gamble at times with what you get. Some days are just fine and everything is normal then other days I can get locked in flashbacks just wondering or was scared at times. I get kind of trapped in those moments. As time goes on it gets better and I can break them. I did spend a lot of time replaying things.

Before I started intensive talk therapy mixed with other things. I used to have a fear of falling to sleep. The worse aspect of it all was falling to sleep. Now it's more annoying if it disrupts my sleep.

I wouldn't feel sorry about it. I volunteered for it. No one forced me to join.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zodoga For This Useful Post:

Hitch (29th November 2017),Neuro (29th November 2017)

Zinc
    Thanks

What about ebay? You can make great buys if you observe auctions. I make a great deal every other week and I don't put too much attention on it. Plus, you are safe thanks to paypal.

Zinc
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldnugget View Post
    What about ebay? You can make great buys if you observe auctions. I make a great deal every other week and I don't put too much attention on it. Plus, you are safe thanks to paypal.
    I buy off the main sites for now.

Thanks

I don't know how much is true about it all over the past 30 years. I know about Bengazi and the server wiping. I figure she's probably one of the dirtiest if not the dirtiest in politics. I'm pretty young though so I don't know everything about Clinton. I didn't really start paying attention to politics until after I got out of the military, but that's when it started getting really heated and probably due to me being young as well.

PTSD - I get flashbacks. PTSD is kind of a gamble at times with what you get. Some days are just fine and everything is normal then other days I can get locked in flashbacks just wondering or was scared at times. I get kind of trapped in those moments. As time goes on it gets better and I can break them. I did spend a lot of time replaying things.

Before I started intensive talk therapy mixed with other things. I used to have a fear of falling to sleep. The worse aspect of it all was falling to sleep. Now it's more annoying if it disrupts my sleep.

I wouldn't feel sorry about it. I volunteered for it. No one forced me to join.
    Sure, what is your plans for the future? I would think you are too young to be retired, even though you probably are entitled to it on medical grounds.

Probably it would be good for your PTSD if you could get a work of some kind, or go and study something. It's not good just sit around waiting for silver price to rise, for a young man your age, even if it is a good idea to get a bunch of it now. Get on with life, get a wife and family.

Another thing I would recommend you to look into as a potential treatment of your PTSD, is an Ayahuasca ceremony, it could help reset your mind, and ground you. Unfortunately VA will not provide it for you...

And you got the right idea about Hillary... She is wicked incarnate.

Zinc
    Thanks

Sure, what is your plans for the future? I would think you are too young to be retired, even though you probably are entitled to it on medical grounds.

Probably it would be good for your PTSD if you could get a work of some kind, or go and study something. It's not good just sit around waiting for silver price to rise, for a young man your age, even if it is a good idea to get a bunch of it now. Get on with life, get a wife and family.

Another thing I would recommend you to look into as a potential treatment of your PTSD, is an Ayahuasca ceremony, it could help reset your mind, and ground you. Unfortunately VA will not provide it for you...

And you got the right idea about Hillary... She is wicked incarnate.
    I'm hoping to continue to get better. The treatment I've been receiving has been helping greatly.

Choice program is really good for the most part. They grew it and added more funds to it which allows veterans to seek assistance outside the VA. I only receive certain medical care from the VA and that would be something like getting glasses. Getting private care through the choice program is so much better for the most part.

Right now I'm doing small time work. Building a website for someone and trying to go back to school. Probably continue to do small time work until school starts in 2018.

Silver for the most part is a great hobby right now. I love reading up on it and watching videos. It's good to keep the mind active.