Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Selling silver for profit

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Re: Selling silver for profit

Quote Originally Posted by TroyOz View Post
    In 1974, when I applied at the hall, the Business Agent told me (as he pointed to a stack of papers 3 feet tall) that was how many were in front of me. I kinda sighed and he said, but, I never see them again after they made their application. I took that as a signal and started showing up in the hall early in the morning to have a coffee with the BA before I had to be at my job. It turned out to be a good move - after a couple of months, I got a call to come to hall and pick up slip for a job at a refinery construction site.

I was working as a framer building hotels rooms at $2.10 an hour (minimum was $1.65). The oiler job paid $5.55 an hour plus heath insurance and retirement contributions. I was giddy. Within 2 years I was running the crane myself (pile driver at a tank farm site) and making $9.10 an hour. That was good money in 76'.

After most of the work went to Brown and Root and other non-union companies in the industrial construction sector, I went a different direction. For a tradesman, nothing is better than Union.
    I put my name on the list, there was a strike in Las Vegas. Somehow I got called to report to Nevada Test Site as a tunnel mechanic/welder for the miners. I went to work in November, was off work for 6 weeks when one test vented and scattered radiation around our mancamp and work area. I quit the following August because I didn’t like being confined living in the mancamp and eating the garbage the fed us in the chow hall. I don’t remember what my hourly wage was, but my gross wages from January to August were $14,000, big money for 1971. I took a withdrawal and went to work in a Kenworth truck dealership.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

TroyOz (29th November 2017)