Thread: Jerry Brown Blames Fires On Global Warming. Here’s Why That’s Insane Photo of Michael

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Jerry Brown Blames Fires On Global Warming. Here’s Why That’s Insane Photo of Michael

Jerry Brown Blames Fires On Global Warming. Here’s Why That’s Insane

11:26 AM 12/10/2017

California Governor Jerry Brown said the wildfires ravaging the greater Los Angeles area are part of a “new normal” residents can expect due to man-made global warming.

“This is kind of the new normal,” said Brown, a Democrat, on Saturday while touring Ventura County neighborhoods wrecked by the Thomas Fire, that is already one of the largest in state history.

“With climate change, some scientists are saying that Southern California is literally burning up,” Brown said, according to CNN. “So we have to have the resources to combat the fires and we also have to invest in managing the vegetation and forests … in a place that’s getting hotter.”

Brown’s statements, though ominous, aren’t in line with the scientific consensus. The latest National Climate Assessment report put a “low” to “medium” confidence on claims global warming was making wildfires worse across the western U.S.

Wildfires could increase in severity in the coming decades, but parsing out the driving factors behind fire trends is complicated, since so much of it depends on land management policies and year-to-year variations in temperature and rainfall.

Despite this, environmental activists and news outlets have eagerly linked the wildfires to man-made warming. For example, Rolling Stone published a lengthy piece titled “California’s Climate Emergency,” referring to the fires.

Several fires are ripping across the southland, engulfing thousands of acres and forcing residents to flee. So far, one death has been blamed on the Thomas Fire in Ventura County and hundreds of structures have been damaged or destroyed.

The Thomas fire had only been 15 percent contained, burning 155,000 acres, state officials reported as of Saturday. Officials ordered evacuations for parts of Santa Barbara County on Sunday morning.

On the other hand, the Rye fire west of Valencia is about 90 percent contained, according to CAL FIRE, and the Creek fire north of the city of Los Angeles is 90 percent contained. Both fires combined now cover more than 21,000 acres.

The Lilac fire near San Diego is 60 percent contained, CAL FIRE reported on Sunday. The fire is now 4,100 acres, and crews are working to keep it from spreading.

Despite the progress, fire conditions are expected to continue. The warm, dry Santa Ana winds will continue to blow on Sunday. Gusts could reach 55 miles per hour, allowing fires to spread quickly among the dried out vegetation.

The National Weather Service reported two new record temperatures set at the Long Beach airport and the Los Angeles International Airport on Saturday, with temperatures at or above 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Jerry Brown Blames Fires On Global Warming. Here’s Why That’s Insane Photo of Mic

Me? I blame the fires on a bunch of Californians who are too lazy to get out and clean out their brush. What goes around comes around.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Me? I blame the fires on a bunch of Californians who are too lazy to get out and clean out their brush. What goes around comes around.
    Major truth, not clearng the dead crap DID lead to the epic shit storm going on!

Now on a sideline, with the hurricains and now this fire, the insurance CO's will be very hard pressed to meet their obligations!

I feer many will get no relief despite paying their premiums!

Interesting times!
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Jerry Brown Blames Fires On Global Warming. Here’s Why That’s Insane Photo of Mic

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    the insurance CO's will be very hard pressed to meet their obligations!
    Did you think they cover their risk? They have a market to lay off risk on others. Not to say these others are in any better financial condition. Last I heard there was little blood available from turnips.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Did you think they cover their risk? They have a market to lay off risk on others. Not to say these others are in any better financial condition. Last I heard there was little blood available from turnips.
    Humm, stink you are right...

Payouts to they that are lucky will be more like cents to the dollar.

But bet a financial shitstorm will be called to bail out these high dollar ones so the insurance co's will not be driven below ground level as far financially so to speak.. And call the gov to step in..

Stupid is what idiots do, not clearing shit, (brush/flammables ) from their houses , tho, then ownership comes into play, so the smart suffer along with the more lacking in smarts.

Major clusterfuck despite best intentions, many stupid people in this world, beyond hope. mostly because they can not see cause and effect other than fating their wallets.

Knowing as I know that area, I would not build anything unless it was at least fire resistant, can not say fire proof but easy to build dam near to that level can be done.

But most , the way of life is out of sight out of mind, and do not fuck with me because I am happy within my personal bubble.

The insurance co's are going to scream, and maybe some will go out of bizz, but I bet some political critter (s) will step in.. (The high end lifestyles types do tend to stick together)

Most insurance co's run a bet that more comes in that pays out so they thrive, but bet not many keep a war chest as large as needed now.

Funny thing I think we are not done yet of huge stinky things happening , here and world wide, but my thoughts are mostly centered here in the states and territory's

Again interesting times.

Bet most in insurance look at the payments rolling in as their personal piggy banks some way or fashion.. Never thinking shit could hit the fan and they (gasp) have to pay out very major bucks
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."