Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polymet Mining

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Polymet Mining

You’re gonna get rich as trolls
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Looks like the key obstacle to the mine moving forward has just been resolved:

PolyMet land swap with Forest Service to close June 28

"...PolyMet Mining Co. this morning said it has received notice from the U.S. Forest Service that the land exchange for the company's proposed mine north of Hoyt Lakes will officially close June 28, giving PolyMet title to the mine site..."

"...
    Meanwhile, PolyMet is awaiting state and federal permits to build and operate the mine and processing center at the site of the former LTV Steel Mining taconite plant.The company also must secure nearly $1 billion to build the project..."

Glencore will likely buyout once the permits are granted. From what I recall, permits were basically awaiting the land exchange (JQP).
    "What Difference, at this time, does it make?"

"What is 'is'?"

"Because you'd be in jail"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (14th June 2018),monty (14th June 2018)

Thanks

BREAKING: Minnesota DNR approves permits for proposed PolyMet NorthMet project

ST. PAUL, MN – The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced Thursday its approval for several major permits for the PolyMet mining project on the Iron Range.
    They include the permit to mine, six water appropriation permits, two dam safety permits, a public waters work permit, and an endangered species takings permit for the NorthMet project.
    The permit to mine includes a financial assurance plan and wetland replacement plan.
    Thursday’s announcement means PolyMet has completed its decision making process on the permit applications.
    The project still requires water and air quality permits from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and a wetlands permit from the Army Corps of Engineers, in addition to other local permits and approvals.
    PolyMet President and CEO Jon Cherry issued the following statement after the permits were issued:
    “We look forward to building and operating a modern mine and developing the minerals that sustain and enhance our modern world. Responsibly developing these strategic minerals in compliance with these permits while protecting Minnesota’s natural resources is our top priority as we move forward.”
    Cherry went on to say the permit “is a victory for Iron Range families who have steadfastly supported us and who depend on and will benefit from the hundreds of jobs that construction and operations will create adn support for years to come. This certainty will also allow the company to move forward with financing and final engineering designs.”
    PolyMet is looking to be the first to have a copper and nickel mine, in addition to platinum, palladium, gold and cobalt, on the Iron Range.
    Before the permit to mine was issued, PolyMet provided $74 million in financial assurance for the construction phase of the project, which is expected to last about two years.
    Environmentalists have opposed the mine for fear it could pollute pristine waters.
    PolyMet says it can operate the proposed mine near Hoyt Lakes and Babbitt without harming the environment while creating hundreds of badly needed jobs on Minnesota’s Iron Range.
    More information on the mining project can be found here.
    We will provide a live stream of a news conference with the Minnesota DNR at 1 p.m.
    This is a breaking story, and we will have more details as they become available.

"What is 'is'?"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (1st November 2018),monty (1st November 2018)

Thanks

Minnesota Issues Last of Its Major Permits For PolyMet Copper-nickel Mine

Water and air permits and 401 certification issued by Minnesota Pollution Control Agency

December 20, 2018 11:09 AM Eastern Standard Time
    ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Poly Met Mining, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of PolyMet Mining Corp. (together “PolyMet” or the “company”) TSX: POM; NYSE American: PLM, reports it has received the final remaining state approvals for PolyMet to construct and operate the NorthMet copper-nickel-precious metals project in northeastern Minnesota...

"What is 'is'?"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (20th December 2018),monty (20th December 2018)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks interesting, too bad the REALLY richest folks in the near future will be CRYPTO investors, not mining stock holders.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks

Minnesota OKs final major state permits for PolyMet mine

By STEVE KARNOWSKIPublished December 20, 2018FeaturesAssociated Press

Picked up by Fox Business...

"What is 'is'?"

Thanks

Listen to this guys brief opinion of PLM at about the 20:11 mark. He's positive to very positive on almost every other company in this video except PLM.

Is their management that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9E0r93DVQ&t=1104s

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RatHoler View Post
    Listen to this guys brief opinion of PLM at about the 20:11 mark. He's positive to very positive on almost every other company in this video except PLM.

Is their management that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9E0r93DVQ&t=1104s
    Is it JohnQPublic who is managing it?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (5th February 2019),osoab (22nd March 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

i looked at the stock price chart. it is not reflecting this good news (yet?)

Thanks

Final permit obtained: Federal wetlands exchange allowed by the EPA

https://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Media...-mine-project/

"What is 'is'?"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (22nd March 2019),monty (22nd March 2019)