Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EU agrees clampdown on bitcoin platforms to tackle money laundering

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Re: EU agrees clampdown on bitcoin platforms to tackle money laundering

Increases the sentence from 5 years to 10 years for individuals smuggling more than 10k in and out of the United States.
    Penalty is on par with 2nd degree murder? For carrying less than a bitcoin in a wallet...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

crimethink (16th December 2017),Jewboo (16th December 2017),midnight rambler (16th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,817 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Penalty is on par with 2nd degree murder? For carrying less than a bitcoin in a wallet...
    The beast is slow to adapt, it's always been that way. But this goes to show that they do not like crytpo currencies and want you to report any holdings of crytpo to them.

Talk about bullshit. This isn't for anti money laundering rules, this is for taxation (theft) plain and simple.

They'll probably want you to register your crytpo private key with them too, just in case you lose your key and all access to your funds.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

vacuum (16th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    The beast is slow to adapt, it's always been that way. But this goes to show that they do not like crytpo currencies and want you to report any holdings of crytpo to them.

Talk about bullshit. This isn't for anti money laundering rules, this is for taxation (theft) plain and simple.

They'll probably want you to register your crytpo private key with them too, just in case you lose your key and all access to your funds.
    Copy from another thread here seems to also play here..

LMAO !
    Speaking of, One clue abt bitcoins is going to blow, is now for the last two days my spam folder is starting to pack with bitcoin scams. Before these two days nadda, but now the flood has began..

Got popcorn?

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

I wish I could have got into BTC at the start and regret that I didn't but I can tell you I'd have already divested into gold at this point.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    I wish I could have got into BTC at the start and regret that I didn't but I can tell you I'd have already divested into gold at this point.
    I got into Bitcoin somewhat early (2012/2013), I still own every ounce of Gold and Silver that I invested in back in 2008/2009. I also plan to add to it when I do finally decide to take some of my gains from crypto, but its no where near my price point yet to want to sell. So I'm still HODLing.

Crypto's are a great medium of exchange as there is no counter party risks. But Gold and Silver will always be a store of value. Just need to get the control away from the bankers so that they can reflect the true cost of inflation within the economy. They can't do their same tricks with Bitcoin on naked shorts they'll get taken to the cleaners by other unregulated exchanges via arbitration. Think of it as Bitcoin being "only" 10k at the CBOE/CME yet every other exchange on the planet is listing Bitcoin at close to 20k. It'll show glaring manipulation for everyone to see.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

I wish you the best of luck! I'll be viewing from the sidelines.
    I got into Bitcoin somewhat early (2012/2013), I still own every ounce of Gold and Silver that I invested in back in 2008/2009. I also plan to add to it when I do finally decide to take some of my gains from crypto, but its no where near my price point yet to want to sell. So I'm still HODLing.

Crypto's are a great medium of exchange as there is no counter party risks. But Gold and Silver will always be a store of value. Just need to get the control away from the bankers so that they can reflect the true cost of inflation within the economy. They can't do their same tricks with Bitcoin on naked shorts they'll get taken to the cleaners by other unregulated exchanges via arbitration. Think of it as Bitcoin being "only" 10k at the CBOE/CME yet every other exchange on the planet is listing Bitcoin at close to 20k. It'll show glaring manipulation for everyone to see.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Just fucking WOW!

· Civil penalties to banks who do not respond to records requests from law enforcement

· Measures to improve communication between banks and to help make reporting suspicious activity easier.

· Increases the sentence from 5 years to 10 years for individuals smuggling more than 10k in and out of the United States.

· Clarifies rules on moving money in and out of the United States to evade taxes.

· Clarifies rules on shell corporations and people trying to hide money anonymously using complex business structures.

· Adds rules to go after trade based money laundering, real estate money laundering and other modern money laundering schemes

· Changes the status of “digital currencies” and defines it as a “monetary instrument.” (Section 13)

https://pics.me.me/flash-drive-butt-...o-19233253.png https://guswera.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=400&h=225

Converting even one bitcoin into actual real spending money puts you on their radar.

Impossible to "spend" any of it without the government knowing how much and WHO YOU ARE:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e56...BDDGFD.1-0.jpg
    Oh...yet another bitcoin exchange transfer I see Sir...

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

crimethink (16th December 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Here's some more proof TPTB do not like crypto currencies:

Anti-Bitcoin Bill Introduced in Senate

Under the premise of stopping terrorism and money laundering, Senators have taken it upon themselves to curb cash, cryptocurrency, prepaid visa or gift cards, and prepaid phones. Among the bill’s sweeping provisions, the government aims to greatly extend its authority to seize your assets through “Civil Asset Forfeiture”. They even expand the definition of "Financial crimes", making it illegal to transport more than $10,000 worth of "monetary instruments" without filling out a form. Not only that, but if you are caught, all other assets unrelated to the "illegal transport" you own are subject to forfeiture as well. That basically means if you are caught driving with a hardware wallet with over $10k worth of cryptos, your house, car, bank account, etc can all be seized by the government. No trial, no due process, and your items are theirs, with the burden of proof on you to prove their "innocence". But you won't be able to afford a lawyer most likely because you have no money or collateral to hire one. On top of that, you can't even get a 'public pretender' to represent you because it's a civil matter, not criminal.
    Please spread the word, we cannot allow them to quietly pass this.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...95bb56c8bbbda5
    I bolded something important. Gold and silver are not mentioned, and will always remain the only true way to store wealth out of the .gov hands, and out of the banking system.
    life is good.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (16th December 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I bolded something important. Gold and silver are not mentioned, and will always remain the only true way to store wealth out of the .gov hands, and out of the banking system.
    I took it to mean that Gold and Silver weren't mentioned because they already control it.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

I took it to mean that Gold and Silver weren't mentioned because they already control it.
    Perhaps, but also govs all over the world hoard gold. They add and reinforce it's value.

Ares, what are your thoughts on bitcoin at the moment? Do you think these clampdowns are going to scare people away from bitcoin, crashing it's price?
    life is good.