Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why some of us stubbornly look to the King James Version of the Bible

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Re: Why some of us stubbornly look to the King James Version of the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    Several religions claim that all or some of their works were authored (written or dictated) by their god or gods....In the United Kingdom, the King James Version of the Bible is covered by a crown copyright.
    The Crown Copyright exists only as pertains to the English translation, not the original texts. Further, it exists because the KJV was - surprise - ordered and paid for by King James I. All government products have a form of copyright, worldwide.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    They might have a Bible in the courts where this guy is, but they sure don't have them in the courts of the United States. Ask Roy Moore about that.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    All government products have a form of copyright, worldwide.
    So do you have a birth certificate? Does this copyright extend to your DNA?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    I receive an email each night with a Bible verse.

Tonight's:

Luke 2:14

The email uses what many call the New International (Per)Version, and its text of this verse doesn't mesh with what I recall growing up:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

Whoa, what?!

This is what I remember, by heart:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Notice the difference?

Even my preferred secondary version, in "modern English," the New American Standard, perverts this verse:

"Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

It is interesting that many consider Yahweh God to have been a "meanie" in olden times, but the new "enlightened age" has made Him a nice(r) guy. Yet the "olde text" is what makes Yahweh look more compassionate to all His creation.

When studying the Bible, always compare the verse you're reading to how the grand English standard, the King James Version, lays it out.

Just found this image at 4chan and thought Fred/Crimethink would appreciate it. Relates to the more common red pill...

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th August 2018)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    why arbitrarily decide that the King James Version is the real McCoy? ....Isn't it possible that the KJV itself may have been subverted ?
    I have been a King James Bible believer for over 30 years, I probably know it better than anyone here (not bragging, just saying)
    It has NO provable errors, even after 400 years. It has stood the test of time and it certainly is not arbitrary that it is this way, it is by decree of a King, the ONLY English Bible (of over 1000 English translations since 1611) which has been decreed by a King and today requires no fee (copyrighted) to copy it.

Ecclesiastes 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
    The King James Bible has the power which no other English translation has, God's hand is personally on it and this is based on 20/20 hindsight as well as all the FAILED attempts to silence it, thwart it, malign it and usurp it.

Not only did God put his words into English at the perfect time in history but used that SAME nation (England) to spread English around the world so people could read it, even though English is not the MOST spoken (mandarin is) it is still the universal language of the world in spite of this.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    I have been a King James Bible believer for over 30 years,
    I thought you were a Talmud believer, sorry.

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I thought you were a Talmud believer, sorry.
    lol that evil satanic garbage? God forbid
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Zinc
    Thanks

The big deal is that the KJV has been stable for over 400 years. It has some mistakes, but we know about all or most of them. It is a small thing to compare the words of the KJV to a directory of those words (called a concordance) to see if they are translated uniformly. You should be doing that with any version that you choose to study. It is a small thing to compare the KJV to an Interlinear Greek-English Translation Of The New Testament (there are several brands) to discover obvious misinterpretations. For example, the word 'one' was added to John 19:18. The bible plainly describes five crucified together, not three.

Bottom line:
    Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God Himself maintains the integrity of His word.
    SURLY TO BED AND SURLY TO RISE!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post

Not only did God put his words into English at the perfect time in history but used that SAME nation (England) to spread English around the world so people could read it, even though English is not the MOST spoken (mandarin is) it is still the universal language of the world in spite of this.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    [CENTER]
    Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

He wants to be your friend, brother, and Lord, Book.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (16th December 2018)