Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter shadow banning “shitty people” aka conservatives

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Twitter shadow banning “shitty people” aka conservatives

Make note of all the foreign names in charge of this effort at Twitter -

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/...ical-opinions/
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (11th January 2018),crimethink (11th January 2018),Down1 (12th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Re: Twitter shadow banning “shitty people” aka conservatives

So, "conservatives," how's that "corporations have rights" and "it's their company, they can do what they want" idiocy working out for ya?
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Down1 (12th January 2018),madfranks (6th August 2020),midnight rambler (11th January 2018)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

from op link. this sounds great:

Twitter is in the process of automating censorship and banning, says Twitter Software Engineer Steven Pierre on December 8th of 2017:

Every single conversation is going to be rated by a machine and the machine is going to say whether or not it’s a positive thing or a negative thing. And whether it’s positive or negative doesn’t (inaudible), it’s more like if somebody’s being aggressive or not. Right? Somebody’s just cursing at somebody, whatever, whatever. They may have point, but it will just vanish… It’s not going to ban the mindset, it’s going to ban, like, a way of talking.”

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

crimethink (11th January 2018),midnight rambler (12th January 2018)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Vice News July 25, 2018
    The Republican Party chair Ronna McDaniel, several conservative Republican congressmen, and Donald Trump Jr.’s spokesman no longer appear in the auto-populated drop-down search box on Twitter, VICE News has learned. It’s a shift that diminishes their reach on the platform... The profiles continue to appear when conducting a full search, but not in the more convenient and visible drop-down bar.

Democrats are not being “shadow banned” in the same way, according to a VICE News review... Not a single member of the 78-person Progressive Caucus faces the same situation in Twitter’s search.

“The notion that social media companies would suppress certain political points of view should concern every American,” McDaniel told VICE News in a statement. “Twitter owes the public answers to what’s really going on.”

Presented with screenshots of the searches, a Twitter spokesperson told VICE News: “We are aware that some accounts are not automatically populating in our search box and shipping a change to address this.” Asked why only conservative Republicans appear to be affected and not liberal Democrats, the spokesperson wrote: “I'd emphasize that our technology is based on account *behavior* not the content of Tweets.”

UPDATE: July 26, 10:00 AM: Twitter appears to have adjusted its platform overnight to no longer limit the visibility of some prominent Republicans in its search results.
    CNS News Oct 11, 2018 MRC Poll: 49% of Conservatives Do Not Trust Twitter
    (Asked of self-described conservatives)

Do you TRUST Twitter to treat all of its users equally, regardless of their political beliefs?

Yes: 16.7%
    No: 49.0%
    Not Sure: 34.3%

Is your TRUST in Twitter greater than, less than, or the same as it was one year ago?

Greater than it was a year ago: 6.3%
    Less than it was a year ago: 34.2%
    The same as it was a year ago: 59.5%

Which of the following BEST describes your position regarding Twitter?

I stopped using Twitter because of their censorship of conservatives: 9.7%
    I am considering leaving Twitter because of their censorship of conservatives: 10.9%
    I either stopped using Twitter or am considering leaving the platform for another reason: 9.5%
    I am currently a Twitter user, and I am NOT considering leaving the platform: 17.8%
    I have never used Twitter: 52.0%

This poll of 1,000 likely general election voters has an accuracy of +/- 3.1% at a 95% confidence interval. The accuracy of the responses from the 351 self-described conservatives is +/- 5.2% at a 95% confidence interval.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Buzzfeed

I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch -tweet

In the first 45 minutes, 7,320 tweets (including retweets), 83 accounts tweeted or retweeted the phrase over 10 times each. -Buzzfeed Analysis

And while it may have seemed like a spontaneous outcry from the President’s supporters, the phrase has spread at a rate consistent with the coordinated inauthentic behaviour expected from a network of bots or sock puppet accounts. -Buzzfeed News

Narratives that we don’t like, phrases that we don’t like we will blame on bots and then remove them from the platform. -(((Buzfeed)))

Twitter Has Suspended Several Accounts That Tweeted “I Hired Donald Trump To Fire People Like Yovanovitch" -Buzzfeed Headline
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

And there is the jewtube banning of any and all non monetizing accounts. This will not work out well for them but real good for other platforms.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    And there is the jewtube banning of any and all non monetizing accounts. This will not work out well for them but real good for other platforms.
    It will be very interesting to watch this all play out. Methinks they have not thought it out all the way. This could backfire for sure.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th November 2019),monty (19th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

I think Gab is going to get a large influx of users here soon.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I think Gab is going to get a large influx of users here soon.
    Most of the people there hate Israel so the Conservative Inc. crowd come, and squeal to ban people, then leave in disgust when they realize it's a free speech platform.

Everyone interesting has already banned off of Twitter over 2-3 years ago.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Ares (19th November 2019),midnight rambler (18th November 2019),monty (19th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Most of the people there hate Israel so the Conservative Inc. crowd come, and squeal to ban people, then leave in disgust when they realize it's a free speech platform.

Everyone interesting has already banned off of Twitter over 2-3 years ago.
    Opened my current twatter acct ~15 months ago, & post similar shite as here.

But according to http://shadowban.eu I'm semi-permanently shadowbanned there; nearly always "reply deboosted" & often that temporarily increases to 3 of their 4 current tests showing SBs. Also 5-6 times had acct locked, always citing non specific "unusual activity" & requiring phone/code entry to unlock. This was always when I was hitting some timely new FF/hoax or anti-joo issue pretty hard, like dropping my red pill reply/link/vid comments into multiple threads begun by other, ideally 'popular/influencer' people... who get insta likes/comments/RTs by the 10s/100s on everything they tweet. There, my comments appear behind a "Show more replies" speedbump, of even a 2nd "show more, which may contain offensive content" speedbump.

I believe they human/AI pigeonhole people into categories of wokeness, then their tweets/RTs only have any chance of being seen in the feeds of their followers who are likewise already woke; with zero chance of falling into the feeds of the "Conservative Inc" majority who've not been likewise identified.

Of course twatter's also big on gaslighting wrt what they allow or forbid to trend, thus giving ppl false impressions of "how most ppl feel about XYZ", similar to the JSM's fake opinion polls, & boosing muh russia muh impeachment etc as the real public snoozes, falsely feeling 'isolated' in their views.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (19th November 2019),keehah (19th November 2019)