Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why some African Americans are moving to Africa

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Why some African Americans are moving to Africa

The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Palladium
    Thanks

Re: Why some African Americans are moving to Africa

Al-Jazeera may not be the most credible news source but if this is a trend, I say go for it. It will do more for the African countries than all the aid dollars we've ever sent. It might even slow Chinese expansion into Africa. They should find some ag college educated farmers to take with them. though. They really need improved farming methods. Some places don't even use crop rotation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brosil For This Useful Post:

crimethink (19th January 2018)

Palladium
    Thanks

Americans as a whole seem to be leaving, taxes for some, race for others, for me,a better retirement in Belize or Costa Rica might happen.
    Boycott Israel now, avoid the rush.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

My guess is that the article is fake news.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    My guess is that the article is fake news.
    It's likely true, but the numbers moving are effectively meaningless for our problem. There is no TANF, WIC, SNAP, and HUD in Africa.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

madfranks (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    It's likely true, but the numbers moving are effectively meaningless for our problem. There is no TANF, WIC, SNAP, and HUD in Africa.
    The media has the power of proportion. They can make the exception to the rule appear as the rule and vice versa. Three Blacks move back to Africa (probably to escape prosecution), and they write a story making it appear to be a trend.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

That Liberia thing really worked out for them. I am all for them repatriating to Africa though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

osoab (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Exactly. None of the welfare queens and ghetto blacks are moving to Africa. They wouldn't survive without the gibs me dat.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

brosil (19th January 2018),midnight rambler (19th January 2018),monty (19th January 2018),Tumbleweed (19th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

africa's problem is same than many other countries: psychopathic leadership ... but the west has a big credit card, so it can hide its own disasters and manipulate perceptions . Africans are starving and the west is absolutely wasteful and destroying itself by hyperconsumerism and gluttony. We wont be able to fix anything without addressing our own backyard first. The west is much more of an environmental destroyer than poor countries

What a waste! Half a million tons of rubbish YOU put out for recycling is being dumped in landfill or burned - double the figure six years ago (uk)

31 million tons end in landfills or incinerators each year. That’s roughly equivalent to the weight of 74 Golden Gate bridges (USA)

there are many reasonably educated blacks who have money and a much more "moderate opinions", but extremism cannot be accurate. Media are also very good at stirring up the pot, both extreme sides of the spectrum, as we know. Just like the stance that all blacks are negroid, which is untrue. I can't even debate such stances because when not recognizing half-truths, it is just spinning for the sake of it and it aggravates the state of affairs. All good for ((them))

the only thing I know is that the day of reckoning is approaching mainly because of an induced pervasive blame game and detrimental/collectivist groupthinks and the lack of understanding Polarity, an electric property governing Thought. In the eyes of God, the only thing that matters is personal responsibility, regardless of who is pulling the strings... stand up for yourself... or else
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

Start the offers to leave at 25 grand. Even @ 50 grand you would be money ahead in 3 years.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

crimethink (20th January 2018),hoarder (20th January 2018),madfranks (20th January 2018),midnight rambler (20th January 2018)