Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Meat Grinder

Zinc
    Thanks

Lightbulb Electric Meat Grinder

Are you planning to buy a meat grinder, but not sure where to start with and what things to look for? The selection process of a meat grinder could be easy or difficult depending upon how much information you have.

Meat grinder will be a great addition to your kitchen because it can simplify your cooking job, but the question that arises now is that, where to buy a meat grinder? Since meat grinders are available in different price range, so you need to outline your requirements before buying one.

If you are looking to have a control over your food, then a meat grinder is a must. In spite, having your meat processed at meat processing centres, it will be better to process your own food at home using a meat grinder. But, before you go into the details of that process, you should know what things to keep in mind before buying a meat grinder.

Size of the Grinder
    You need to start-off with determining the size of the meat grinder. In order to find the right sized meat grinder, you need to pay attention to ‘#’. When you see this, you will be able to find out the size of the meat grinder. The right size will be determined by measuring grinder plates.

If you opt for a smaller meat grinder, then you will get a smaller feeding tube, whereas in a larger grinder, the feeding tube is also going to be large. There will be a staggering difference in the power as well.

You need to ask yourself that, ‘why do you want to get a meat grinder for’? If your motive is to grind meatballs or burgers for your family members on a weekend basis, then you will require a smaller meat grinder. On the contrary, if you want to organize parties every weekend, and make big batches of sausages, then you need a bigger meat grinder.
    Last edited by madfranks; 3rd May 2018 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Removed spam link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AviBennet For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (15th March 2018),Joshua01 (3rd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: Electric Meat Grinder

If you opt for a smaller meat grinder, then you will get a smaller feeding tube, whereas in a larger grinder, the feeding tube is also going to be large.
    Idk about anyone else, but i found this piece of information invaluable.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

madfranks (3rd May 2018)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

All I can say is that a meat grinder is a necessity and an electric one will save you much misery. I once ground up most of a whole cow with a hand crank grinder and my elbow was out for 10 months.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (2nd May 2018),midnight rambler (15th March 2018),osoab (17th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

I bought a hand grinder since my grandmothers went AWOL, the screw part was cast stupid probably Chinese. Threw the thing in the garbage. Wife is looking into it now and has a few recommended ones bookmarked.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    All I can say is that a meat grinder is a necessity and an electric one will save you much misery. I once ground up most of a whole cow with a hand crank grinder and my elbow was out for 10 months.
    A few years ago I bought this electric “mouse” sander. Cheap Chinese Chit quality. Most of the vibrations went into the elbow instead of the table I attempted to sand, and at the same time I trimmed the hedges with the old fashioned hedge scissors. The elbow was hurting a lot for at least a year, and I still have a slight electric feeling in my fingers, and I think it is at least 4 years since. Good tools are worth it, totally!

The electric sander I sold to an Arab for a dollar or two last summer at a flea market.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    I bought a hand grinder since my grandmothers went AWOL, the screw part was cast stupid probably Chinese. Threw the thing in the garbage. Wife is looking into it now and has a few recommended ones bookmarked.
    The Kitchen Aid meat grinder works like a beast. It's a pricey setup, but worth it long term. Of course SHTF and there's no electric, that's a whole other story.
    * This space for rent *

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Camp Bassfish For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (3rd May 2018)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

If you already have a KA the attachment is dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQYTL0C...cr_wdg_tit_rfb

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Bassfish View Post
    The Kitchen Aid meat grinder works like a beast. It's a pricey setup, but worth it long term. Of course SHTF and there's no electric, that's a whole other story.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joshua01 For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (3rd May 2018),midnight rambler (3rd May 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    If you already have a KA the attachment is dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQYTL0C...cr_wdg_tit_rfb
    Sure is! And well worth every cent.
    * This space for rent *

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Idk about anyone else, but i found this piece of information invaluable.
    And yet you didn't even thank the post!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

15. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

You guys are makin me proud that i salvaged the "elecrtic meat grinder" thead...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (4th May 2018)