Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good deal...

Thanks

Good deal...

JM Bullion has a 10 oz starter pack at spot (1 per address). I added a couple 1/10th GAE fractionals and 5 Englehard Prospectors for old times sake. Funny that the markup over spot on the Prospectors is more than the SAE these days.

Sounds like the spot silver rounds are a silver buffalo in a half tube.
    * This space for rent *

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Camp Bassfish For This Useful Post:

madfranks (12th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Good deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Bassfish View Post
    JM Bullion has a 10 oz starter pack at spot (1 per address). I added a couple 1/10th GAE fractionals and 5 Englehard Prospectors for old times sake. Funny that the markup over spot on the Prospectors is more than the SAE these days.

Sounds like the spot silver rounds are a silver buffalo in a half tube.
    At this point I think I've gotten like 5+ silver starter packs at spot from JM Bullion. However, I've pretty much exhausted my supply of bitcoin which I would use for this sort of thing, so I don't know if I'll partake this time or not.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (13th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    At this point I think I've gotten like 5+ silver starter packs at spot from JM Bullion. However, I've pretty much exhausted my supply of bitcoin which I would use for this sort of thing, so I don't know if I'll partake this time or not.
    how did you manage to get 5?. I thought they limited to on per household.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    how did you manage to get 5?. I thought they limited to on per household.
    Every time they announce the promotion again, I order another one and they send it.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (13th April 2018),monty (12th April 2018)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Every time they announce the promotion again, I order another one and they send it.
    Similar lost leader for gold from Nationwide Metals (Google it). Great score for fractional gold (up to ten 1/10oz AGE for $134 per coin) https://www.nationwidecoins.com/buy-...SAAEgKrpPD_BwE Got a link to the JM Bullion starter pack offer?
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Similar lost leader for gold from Nationwide Metals (Google it). Great score for fractional gold (up to ten 1/10oz AGE for $134 per coin) https://www.nationwidecoins.com/buy-...SAAEgKrpPD_BwE Got a link to the JM Bullion starter pack offer?
    http://www.jmbullion.com/starter-pack/
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    That's a sweet deal too..... their regular prices are on the high side it seems, but next go round I'll probably grab up the fractionals.

I have a trip planned to my LCS today. I finally took the time to weed through all of my generic silver. I'm bringing in everything that's not considered "recognized" (Birthday rounds and the likes) and I'm converting them to Englehard 10 Oz'ers and Morgans. IMHO, the premium is worth it for the ease of liquidation.
    * This space for rent *

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Bassfish View Post
    That's a sweet deal too..... their regular prices are on the high side it seems, but next go round I'll probably grab up the fractionals.

I have a trip planned to my LCS today. I finally took the time to weed through all of my generic silver. I'm bringing in everything that's not considered "recognized" (Birthday rounds and the likes) and I'm converting them to Englehard 10 Oz'ers and Morgans. IMHO, the premium is worth it for the ease of liquidation.
    "Ease of liquidation" - have you ever had a problem selling the really basic generic silver?
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

"Ease of liquidation" - have you ever had a problem selling the really basic generic silver?
    No, I haven't, but I have been able to finagle a bit of a premium from my LCS if I'm selling something he may keep in inventory and resell... if it's off to melt it's spot -.50 regardless.

I also like to have recognizable oz'ers on hand in case anyone should show an interest. There's a lot more to read about the origins of a prospector or Englehard round than a generic "Happy Birthday Susie" round. LOL I once picked up a 100 ozs of generic rounds from him and ~40 of them were Libertads... they made the cut
    * This space for rent *

Thanks

When I'm looking through the generic box at my LCS, I always try to grab the best ones too. Once there were 5 or 6 of these cool A-mark brick 1-oz'ers, and I grabbed them all.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...ine-Silver.jpg
    - Lew Rockwell

14. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (17th April 2018)