Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Good deal...

  1. #1
    Gold Camp Bassfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked 333 Times in 180 Posts

    Good deal...

    JM Bullion has a 10 oz starter pack at spot (1 per address). I added a couple 1/10th GAE fractionals and 5 Englehard Prospectors for old times sake. Funny that the markup over spot on the Prospectors is more than the SAE these days.

    Sounds like the spot silver rounds are a silver buffalo in a half tube.
    * This space for rent *

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Camp Bassfish For This Useful Post:

    madfranks (12th April 2018)

  3. #2
    Moderator madfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,761
    Thanks
    7,376
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Bassfish View Post
    JM Bullion has a 10 oz starter pack at spot (1 per address). I added a couple 1/10th GAE fractionals and 5 Englehard Prospectors for old times sake. Funny that the markup over spot on the Prospectors is more than the SAE these days.

    Sounds like the spot silver rounds are a silver buffalo in a half tube.
    At this point I think I've gotten like 5+ silver starter packs at spot from JM Bullion. However, I've pretty much exhausted my supply of bitcoin which I would use for this sort of thing, so I don't know if I'll partake this time or not.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

    Camp Bassfish (13th April 2018)

  5. #3
    Iridium monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    8,701
    Thanks
    7,504
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 4,960 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    At this point I think I've gotten like 5+ silver starter packs at spot from JM Bullion. However, I've pretty much exhausted my supply of bitcoin which I would use for this sort of thing, so I don't know if I'll partake this time or not.
    how did you manage to get 5?. I thought they limited to on per household.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    ďA well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeStateĒ
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org


  6. #4
    Moderator madfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,761
    Thanks
    7,376
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    how did you manage to get 5?. I thought they limited to on per household.
    Every time they announce the promotion again, I order another one and they send it.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

    Camp Bassfish (13th April 2018),monty (12th April 2018)

  8. #5
    Iridium
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,710
    Thanks
    3,772
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Every time they announce the promotion again, I order another one and they send it.
    Similar lost leader for gold from Nationwide Metals (Google it). Great score for fractional gold (up to ten 1/10oz AGE for $134 per coin) https://www.nationwidecoins.com/buy-...SAAEgKrpPD_BwE Got a link to the JM Bullion starter pack offer?
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

  9. #6
    Iridium monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    8,701
    Thanks
    7,504
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 4,960 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Similar lost leader for gold from Nationwide Metals (Google it). Great score for fractional gold (up to ten 1/10oz AGE for $134 per coin) https://www.nationwidecoins.com/buy-...SAAEgKrpPD_BwE Got a link to the JM Bullion starter pack offer?
    http://www.jmbullion.com/starter-pack/
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    ďA well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeStateĒ
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org


  10. #7
    Gold Camp Bassfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked 333 Times in 180 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Similar lost leader for gold from Nationwide Metals (Google it). Great score for fractional gold (up to ten 1/10oz AGE for $134 per coin) https://www.nationwidecoins.com/buy-...SAAEgKrpPD_BwE Got a link to the JM Bullion starter pack offer?
    That's a sweet deal too..... their regular prices are on the high side it seems, but next go round I'll probably grab up the fractionals.

    I have a trip planned to my LCS today. I finally took the time to weed through all of my generic silver. I'm bringing in everything that's not considered "recognized" (Birthday rounds and the likes) and I'm converting them to Englehard 10 Oz'ers and Morgans. IMHO, the premium is worth it for the ease of liquidation.
    * This space for rent *

  11. #8
    Moderator madfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,761
    Thanks
    7,376
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Bassfish View Post
    That's a sweet deal too..... their regular prices are on the high side it seems, but next go round I'll probably grab up the fractionals.

    I have a trip planned to my LCS today. I finally took the time to weed through all of my generic silver. I'm bringing in everything that's not considered "recognized" (Birthday rounds and the likes) and I'm converting them to Englehard 10 Oz'ers and Morgans. IMHO, the premium is worth it for the ease of liquidation.
    "Ease of liquidation" - have you ever had a problem selling the really basic generic silver?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

  12. #9
    Gold Camp Bassfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked 333 Times in 180 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    "Ease of liquidation" - have you ever had a problem selling the really basic generic silver?
    No, I haven't, but I have been able to finagle a bit of a premium from my LCS if I'm selling something he may keep in inventory and resell... if it's off to melt it's spot -.50 regardless.

    I also like to have recognizable oz'ers on hand in case anyone should show an interest. There's a lot more to read about the origins of a prospector or Englehard round than a generic "Happy Birthday Susie" round. LOL I once picked up a 100 ozs of generic rounds from him and ~40 of them were Libertads... they made the cut
    * This space for rent *

  13. #10
    Moderator madfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,761
    Thanks
    7,376
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

    Re: Good deal...

    When I'm looking through the generic box at my LCS, I always try to grab the best ones too. Once there were 5 or 6 of these cool A-mark brick 1-oz'ers, and I grabbed them all.

    https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...ine-Silver.jpg
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

    Camp Bassfish (17th April 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •