Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive u.s. Military buildup underway in syria

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Massive u.s. Military buildup underway in syria

From Jim Stone:

MASSIVE U.S. MILITARY BUILDUP UNDERWAY IN SYRIA

According to Farsnews, the U.S. is currently building large numbers of illegal military bases in Syria. It could be GAME ON soon.

WOW, look at this FarsNews report:

Massive buildup shows U.S. war on Syria getting bigger

Farsnews, Monday May 7

As is now under the Trump regime, the US military is dramatically expanding its operations in Syria, constructing new illegal bases in the war-torn country and doing whatever it can to sell as many weapons as possible to vassals.
    The new mission creep base marks the latest example of America's growing and controversial war for regime change in Damascus. The new expansion is one part of what appears to be a massive US military infrastructure development project in other parts of the region as well, including Yemen, that will see new US outposts built this year on the pretext of fighting terror and protecting America's illicit interests.

The buildup coincides with an aggressive escalation by the Trump White House in their propaganda warfare against Iran as well, including a possible withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear deal Iran signed with the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany.

While Trump claims the US is leaving Syria, the Pentagon regime continues to seek massive amounts of funding for its military operations in the country as well. This includes a request for $300 million in weapons to give to "partner forces" in Syria i.e., Qaeda-allied militants. This amounts to enough arms for 65,000 fighters.

This is expected to center on the so-called Syrian Democratic Forces, which is to say, almost entirely the Kurdish YPG. The US has been arming the YPG for years now as part of its regime change campaign.

The $300 million in arms also comes with $250 million in so-called "border security" funding for Syria. Both are going into the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO), which Pentagon officials can easily shuffle around to spend on virtually anything - including arming America's favorite terrorists. While couched as "Counter-ISIS" funding, the funding looks more likely to be backing the YPG in fighting Turkey. While the US is unlikely to fund fighting against another NATO ally, it may also be this is just another excuse to grow the OCO for the ultimate push for Damascus.

It gets interesting when we hear that Saudi Arabia confirmed that they are considering joining an "Arab force" to invade Syria as well! They say this possibility has been discussed with officials from a number of different countries. This "Arab Force" would be from countries favoring regime change in Syria. The idea was proposed last month by the Trump White House, which sees the Arab force as a replacement for the US ground troops currently in Syria.
    Clearly, such a deployment would not be endorsed by the Syrian government, and would eventually lead to direct military clashes with Syrian forces and their allies. While the nations involved in the Arab force aren't all named, the Saudis involvement suggests it will mirror the Saudi-led invasion of Yemen. But that US-backed, Saudi-led invasion of Yemen has been calamitous, killing large numbers of civilians, and failing to achieve its military goals. There is no reason to think in Syria the outcome will be any different, specially considering that Syria is incomparably stronger than Yemen and already has a vehement army of allies in the sky and on the ground.

Which brings us to the conclusion that it is indeed silly to believe, given how bad Yemen has gone, that the Saudis and their friends have what it takes to consider throwing together another force to invade Syria. US officials see this as a way to affect regime change in Damascus, though it's clear it will be wishful thinking all over again.

The problem with this new mission creep is that the desperate souls have lost the war and they will not return to the good old days when their terror proxies were roaming free across Iraq and Syria.
    But America's new escalation of the war of choice tells us that a notably authoritarian Trump White House is likely to continue to intervene in the post-ISIL country on behalf of vassals who share its illicit interests, and it's especially important for the world community to take this massive buildup by the War Party seriously.

The evidence is overwhelming that America is playing a very harmful role, an unacceptable role in the ongoing humanitarian crisis, and that playing at war with Iran is Trump's way of helping the failing terrorist groups, appeasing disappointed allies, and also an effort to try to undermine in a significant way the anti-terror alliance of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Hezbollah and Russia. The alliance is not, as they claim, a self-interest group relying only on its members. They are drawing support from the world community - unlike the War Party which relies on terror groups and despicable vassals.

My comment:
    Fars News is one of the most credible news sources there is. If they are claiming the U.S. is doing a massive military buildup in Syria, it is not a question of if, but when there will be a U.S. initiated war.

Yes, Nut Yahoo did his Iran rant for a reason evidently, because the U.S. would not be putting illegal bases in syria without that reason.

The bottom line is that Syria is not over yet. The game may just be getting started.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th May 2018)

Thanks

Re: Massive u.s. Military buildup underway in syria

It appears to me that sanctions on Iran have at least partially backfired

First this from Bloomberg.

Netanyahu Says Better to Face Iran Sooner Rather Than Later Israel will do what's needed to block Iranian aggression, sooner rather than later, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday."Nations that didn't act in time against murderous aggression against them paid a much higher price later on," said Netanyahu, who often invokes European powers' 1938 agreement to let Nazi Germany annex portions of Czechoslovakia. "We don't seek escalation, but are prepared for any scenario."

Frictions between Israel and Iran have escalated in the runup to President Donald Trump's decision this month whether to quit the Iran nuclear deal, and Netanyahu's comments reinforced concerns that the two Middle East powers might clash directly in Syria, Iran's client. Other Israeli officials have suggested that a withdrawal from the accord and renewed U.S. sanctions could either bring Iran back to the negotiating table with a weaker hand, or even lead to regime change.

Housing Minister Yoav Gallant, a security cabinet member and retired general, said that if the U.S. ratchets up pressure, Iran will eventually relent.

"The U.S. is still the largest economy in the world, and when the Americans decide that those who do business with Iran can't do business with America, countries will have to give up on doing business with Iran," Gallant said in an interview. "There need to be economic sanctions and eventually there will be new negotiations, sooner or later."

First of all, let me shred this, and then I'll get on to why this attitude of sanctions backfired.

Nut Yahoo crazy point 1: "Nations that did not act against murderous aggresion against them paid a much higher price later"

The problem with this? Iran never acted out against anyone aggressivley. Hezbollah is in fact a charity organization. There is no proof whatsoever the rockets being fired at Israel are not Israeli in origin, with the greatest proof being that they always too miraculously land in places only an idiot would point them. Empty fields, abandoned areas, never anywhere near a Starbucks. Not even in the right zones for that, and most damningly, they come in right before peace negotiations. Far too often. Sort of like those gas attacks . . . . .
    The only place Israel has been legitimately fired upon from is Syria, which Israel itself "acted in murderous aggression against" before Syria did anything at all, and then only in defense. So Nut Yahoo can babble on shrooms with the "aggression rant", it is either the speech of a mad man or some sort of trip. Or maybe he needs to get rid of the mirror, because he just sits there pecking at a reflection of himself, not knowing it is himeself he's talking about. Or he could be an unabashed liar. Yeah, that's probably it, the other speculations were too nice.

Nut Yahoo crazy point 2:
    "We don't seek escalation, but are prepared for any scenario"

My comment: This is the unadulterated babble of a pathological liar, hiding behind proxies that are doing nothing but escalating the situation. Anyone stupid enough to believe it was not Israel behind the recent civil war in Syria is out of it, and if that is not an escalation, I don't know what is.

Only the most dangerous states use proxies as were used in Syria, yada yada, you know the script. Now onto why all the babble and sanctions backfired.

Iran is actually a super intelligent high class first world nation. It is not camels and dunes. And it has been forced to live in fear of attack for almost 40 years now. It has been cut off from the world economically for almost as long as that. And what does an intelligent high class nation do in that situation? It uses it's resources and skills to go it alone, that's what happens. And that was a big mistake to cause to happen.

What does Iran have as a result? Here is the list:

1. The world's largest arsenal of precision missiles, that can hit a baseball cap from hundreds of miles away, Iran's missiles are capable of hitting individual buildings in Israel, and there's over a hundred thousand of them.

GREAT MOVE ISRAEL AND THE U.S., the sanctions really worked out with that. That's a big reason why Israel is so scared.

2. One of the world's top drone programs, with drones that are actually good. I don't know exactly where Iran's drone program rates, but they have put enormous resources into it, and it is quite the menace.

3. A high class auto industry, with many different manufacturers.

4. A totally in-sourced technology base, that very substantially surpasses Israel's scientific advancements. Iran is anything but backwards.

5. An extremely beautiful infrastructure, with sparkling cities and massive manicured roads. Iran is in fact a fairy tale type paradise, with a large number of world class ski resorts and yada yada, I have talked about this quite a bit here.

6. A successful space program which, in it's latest 2017 launch proved Iran can reliably put at least a 550 pound satellite into orbit (far beyond what Kim Jong ever did) and Iran did it without taking a decent life away from anyone. There's a big difference between Iran and North Korea, because Iran always maintained a lifestyle for it's people that is on par with the West.

7. Iran has the world's top 3 shopping malls, and they are gorgeous.

What Iran very notably did not accomplish under sanctions:

1. They can't make a decent passenger carrying aircraft.

2. They can't make a decent computer.

3. They can't make a decent large Naval vessel, however, their smaller craft are tops in the world. Iran's Navy has focused on small ships they call "speed boats" that are heavily armed and can go over 70 knots. So whatever, they are a deterrent but not a battle winner.

I have intentionally left out things Russia handed them, (the anti aircraft defenses and other stuff, like their nuclear plant,) because that's not theirs due to their own in-house work.

So the question is, will future sanctions hurt Iran? My take? There is a big difference between an injury and an irritation, Iran will definitely be irritated.A while later I stumbled across this report from Iran, which basically says what I said above in fewer words. Iran was already so strengthened by past sanctions that getting cut off again will be no big deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

^ U should edit those 2 posts, select all, increase font size to something readable!

and yes I know how to magnify shit in the browser; just sayin! Jim Stone has that "website with no permalinks" problem! Hard to find later.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

And the market appears to be itching for some large distraction.

Though Israel striking first doesn't make any sense for Israel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    ^ U should edit those 2 posts, select all, increase font size to something readable!

and yes I know how to magnify shit in the browser; just sayin! Jim Stone has that "website with no permalinks" problem! Hard to find later.
    sorry, I use Opera with the zoom set to 150 percent and it looks fine to me. I set the font to size 2 on the first one which looks very large to me.

Jim Stone's website is unique in that he pays for a direct access IP address. The Bastards that be can't knock his site off the internet by removing it from the Name Servers, as we don't need them.

But it is much more expensive as a normal website uses a shared IP. shared with a gazillion other sites.

Thanks

Isn't that how all the old websites used to be setup? and how i was investigating how to setup.

I thought it just made it unsearchable in normal engines, is it more expensive to assign now too?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Isn't that how all the old websites used to be setup? and how i was investigating how to setup.

I thought it just made it unsearchable in normal engines, is it more expensive to assign now too?
    Curiously I have been working on this stuff since 1963 and can't remember anything as it's all a jumble of competing standards from every source imaginable. I was there when the first routers and switches showed up and there was no WWW.

So if you say that direct IP was the standard that's good enough for me, but I think they quickly started running out of addresses.

Why the question? Of course a dedicated IP is more expensive than one shared by a gazillion other websites.

Thanks

Maybe I misread between you and pat colo.

I was just investigating how to serve a website from an old pc I have layin around and the drawbacks if doing that way.

edit< I see what Stone does he switches address somehow many times a day, like vpn.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Maybe I misread between you and pat colo.

I was just investigating how to serve a website from an old pc I have layin around and the drawbacks if doing that way.

edit< I see what Stone does he switches address somehow many times a day, like vpn.
    He does have links that direct you to the article, that I show as a link. For a while over at the place where free speech is a myth, I used just the IP address out in the open and got all kinds of complaints from computer neophytes who said "I'm not going to click on a link that looks like that".

Total morons. So now I hide it behind an English text link so it looks more URL like.

When I go to his site I normally use the front door and not the side door.
    http://82.221.129.208/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

Horn (8th May 2018),Neuro (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    Curiously I have been working on this stuff since 1963 and can't remember anything as it's all a jumble of competing standards from every source imaginable. I was there when the first routers and switches showed up and there was no WWW.

So if you say that direct IP was the standard that's good enough for me, but I think they quickly started running out of addresses.

Why the question? Of course a dedicated IP is more expensive than one shared by a gazillion other websites.
    Al Gore?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation