THE PRINCIPLE- The Movie Big Science Does NOT want YOU to see. SEE IT NOW.

The Principle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Real Reason for American Fundamentalism's Support for the State of Israel

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,644 Times in 5,275 Posts

Re: The Real Reason for American Fundamentalism's Support for the State of Israel

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,773 Posts

Re: The Real Reason for American Fundamentalism's Support for the State of Israel

1h 54m, haven't listened:

Our Interesting Times With Timothy Kelly 2018.05.17

Jesse Russell on Catholic Neoconservatives

Dr. Jesse Russell joins Our Interesting Times to discuss Catholic neoconservatism and Catholicism vis-a-vis the national security state and the Anglo-American empire. We talk about the role Catholic neoconservative luminaries such as Fr. Richard Neuhaus, George Weigel, Michael Novak played in subverting traditional Catholic teachings in the post-Counciliar era.

Dr. Russell attended Louisiana State University where he earned a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature. He writes for The Remnant, Catholic Family News, and a variety of other publications.

Timothy's Podcast

Download
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    As a child I ALWAYS questioned the line of "Jews are gods chosen people". I asked my mom at the time this question. "So if Jews are Gods chosen people, what does that make us?" She didn't have an answer. I also asked, since I was the oldest of 4 (I think I was in high school at the time debating absurdities of religions), I asked do you have a favorite child out of the 4 of us? She said no of course not you are all equal to me. I said then how can God proclaim Jews his chosen people if we are all his children? Doesn't it make more sense that Jews themselves gave themselves that label through the centuries of spreading their own teachings? She didn't have much of an answer and that either.

If anything, I hope for my own kids to ask those kinds of questions and think for themselves. Group think is extremely dangerous, that goes for those who worship the state, as well as the god they were raised to believe in. Yes I believe in a creator, but through my study I do not believe any organized religion has the other side 100% right.

Little Hebrew bastards ain’t never listened and never will until the man comes back and whoops their little asses.
    We’ve got ring side seats to the freak show, enjoy the ride.

Platinum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    As a child I ALWAYS questioned the line of "Jews are gods chosen people". I asked my mom at the time this question. "So if Jews are Gods chosen people, what does that make us?" She didn't have an answer. I also asked, since I was the oldest of 4 (I think I was in high school at the time debating absurdities of religions), I asked do you have a favorite child out of the 4 of us? She said no of course not you are all equal to me. I said then how can God proclaim Jews his chosen people if we are all his children? Doesn't it make more sense that Jews themselves gave themselves that label through the centuries of spreading their own teachings? She didn't have much of an answer and that either.

If anything, I hope for my own kids to ask those kinds of questions and think for themselves. Group think is extremely dangerous, that goes for those who worship the state, as well as the god they were raised to believe in. Yes I believe in a creator, but through my study I do not believe any organized religion has the other side 100% right.
    Chosen, yes. Not special - at least not anymore. The Hebrews were the race God chose to bring forth his Messiah. Because of this, they had to be protected from annihilation, no matter how badly they deserved it. After the Messiah came, they were no different from anyone else.

Now, if for 2000+ years, you and your people were divinely protected no matter how much you mocked and abused God, you would probably get a superiority complex too. Maybe even learn all manner of treachery and deceit because there are no consequences for you. You might continue this behavior even after the protection had been removed. Every once in a century, you might get your comeuppance when the host nation has finally had enough. Then you would go around wailing about how persecuted you are and that you are chosen and wonderful, and finally go find another host. I believe this is the cycle that the Jews find themselves in today.
    I'm not saying forget what you lost.
    I suppose there's a purpose in pain.
    What we make of ourselves has a cost,
    and it's paid every time we take hold of the reins.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to horseshoe3 For This Useful Post:

Ares (18th May 2018)