Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Scraps Swimsuit Competition: "Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Miss America Scraps Swimsuit Competition: "Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance"

This should really boost ratings and viewership. Now many more women with inner beauty will be able to enter the Miss America Competition.

Miss America Scraps Swimsuit Competition: "Women Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance"
    by Tyler Durden
    Tue, 06/05/2018 - 10:59

http://img.izismile.com/img/img7/201...rls_640_31.jpg

In the latest effort to signal as much virtue as possible, the Miss America beauty contest is scrapping its swimsuit and evening-gown section and will no longer be judged on physical appearance. Contestants will instead be asked to demonstrate their "passion, intelligence and overall understanding of the job of Miss America."

"We are no longer a pageant," Gretchen Carlson, the first former Miss America to be named chair of the Board of Trustees of the Miss America Organization, said on "GMA." "We are a competition."

"I could have never expected what would happen when I sued my former employer at Fox News for sexual harassment 22 months ago, but look what has happened," she said.

"Thousands of women have been inspired to know that they can stand up and speak up and their voices will be heard."

Carlson added, "If I’ve been a beacon of hope to any woman in that process, it has been worth it."

As GMA reports, The Miss America organization courted controversy earlier this year when internal emails were released from the group's former CEO Sam Haskell. In the leaked emails, Haskell, who later resigned, and others were insulting the appearance, intellect and personal lives of former pageant winners, including Carlson.

Carlson went to add that :

"We’ve heard from a lot of young women who say, ‘We’d love to be a part of your program but we don’t want to be out there in high heels and a swimsuit,’ so guess what, you don’t have to do that anymore,"

http://img.izismile.com/img/img7/201...rls_640_26.jpg

We wonder how long it will before the contestants will be wearing a full burka to avoid any potential judgment.

"Who doesn’t want to be empowered, learn leadership skills and pay for college and be able to show the world who you are as a person from the inside of your soul."

Carlson - who was crowned Miss America in 1989 and has more recently been an outspoken advocate for victims of sexual harassment and a champion of the #MeToo movement - went on:

“It’s going to be what comes out of [the candidates’] mouths that we’re interested in, when they talk about their social-impact initiatives.”

How long before high-school football are decide not by the score but by the color of the uniforms and average GPA?

Why not avoid crowning a winner in 'Miss America' altogether and gives everyone a trophy - surely that would be the most 'equal' opportunity way to run the so-called beauty contest?

Is Miss America about to morph into a spelling bee?

How long before Miss America invites men to participate?

Does this mean that beauty-judgment-free "Miss America" will compete against the rest-of-the-world in the Miss Universe beauty pageant? (And how long before Trump's former Miss Universe pageant is 'boycotted-threat'-ed into following America's lead?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...nger-be-judged
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Miss America Scraps Swimsuit Competition: "Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance

"Women Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance"
    So what will they be judged on, their intelligence? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (6th June 2018)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Re: Miss America Scraps Swimsuit Competition: "Will No Longer Be Judged On Appearance

Chunky is funky but fat is where it's at!

NOT!
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

madfranks (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

"You can't judge me by my appearance; I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man."

"Congratulations, you're the new miss America!"

https://www.auntyacid.com/wp-content...6/10/fatbi.png
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

7. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

I think this is a preventive measure for when the male trannies hit the stage.

Who wants to see junk sticking out of a bikini?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    "You can't judge me by my appearance; I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man."

"Congratulations, you're the new miss America!"

https://www.auntyacid.com/wp-content...6/10/fatbi.png
    She's like 5 Miss America's rolled into one. Pun intended.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Her cup(s) runneth over.

yuck
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

This is great.

All it will do is spawn other competitions that are based on tried and tried principles of looking as fine as you can be.

The miss America pageant will go the way of Myspace
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted Titan For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (6th June 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Titan View Post
    This is great.

All it will do is spawn other competitions that are based on tried and tried principles of looking as fine as you can be.

The miss America pageant will go the way of Myspace
    And the sooner the better!
    * This space for rent *

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Camp Bassfish For This Useful Post:

Twisted Titan (5th September 2018)

Zinc
    Thanks

In my region can't watch The 2019 Miss America show because of geo-restrictions. while googling I got this guide: https://www.reviewsdir.com/how-to-wa...a-live-online/ to Watch The 2019 Miss America Live Online, Its really helpful for those facing issue to watch The 2019 Miss America show

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyd_Quint For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (5th September 2018)