THE PRINCIPLE- The Movie Big Science Does NOT want YOU to see. SEE IT NOW.



The Principle
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

  1. #1
    Zinc
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. Follow these tips to maintain a good mental state.

    1. Develop a good opinion of yourself.
    According to mental health experts, high self-esteem is the best tool we can use against difficulties in life. Studies show that people with high self-esteem have more confidence in themselves and their capabilities.

    2. Eat well.
    Diet plays a crucial role in mental health; it’s important to have a healthy diet. If you need help with this, consult the Canadian Food Guide. You can also consult a nutritionist for a personalized guide adapted to your needs.

    3. Exercise regularly.
    Physical exercise plays a positive role in your mental health. It causes chemical reactions that are proven to reduce anxiety and stress and put you in a good mood.

    4. Learn how to manage stress.
    Stress is part of life, so you must learn how to deal with it in order to keep your sanity. Discover the source of your stress to find ways to better handle it.

    5. Enjoy the present.
    Learn how to focus on the present rather than being preoccupied with past or future events. This will help you savor life’s little pleasures that you would otherwise miss.

    6. Find your work-life balance.
    If you feel like you’re spending too much time and energy on one part of your life, your work-life balance may be off. Learn to do both! The best way to do this varies from a person to another. Find the strategy that works best for you.

    7. Get enough sleep.
    Lack of sleep affects your mental health as it can cause emotional and psychological problems. Go to bed at a reasonable hour and try to get 8 hours of sleep. It will help you achieve maximum recovery and face the next day with more vigor.

    8. Develop relationships.
    Developing and maintaining solid personal relationships is very beneficial to your mental health. So work on establishing good relationships with people around you, at home, at work or in your community. These contacts will enrich your life and provide you with great support.

    9. Have fun!
    Taking time to laugh and have fun will go a long way in staying mentally healthy. Laughter lifts moral, keeps you in a good mood and releases stress. Find ways to laugh: comic strips, funny videos or joking with friends.

    10. Get help if you need it.
    At some point in your life, you may need to ask for help. If so, don’t hesitate! It takes courage to seek help but it can really change your life. Know that there are many resources out there. Talk to your pharmacist. He will guide you in finding the best options.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Do what is right not what is convenient.
    Last edited by madfranks; 17th July 2018 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Unobtanium Dogman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    13,660
    Thanks
    2,438
    Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,609 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindachi View Post
    Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. Follow these tips to maintain a good mental state.

    1. Develop a good opinion of yourself.
    According to mental health experts, high self-esteem is the best tool we can use against difficulties in life. Studies show that people with high self-esteem have more confidence in themselves and their capabilities.

    2. Eat well.
    Diet plays a crucial role in mental health; it’s important to have a healthy diet. If you need help with this, consult the Canadian Food Guide. You can also consult a nutritionist for a personalized guide adapted to your needs.

    3. Exercise regularly.
    Physical exercise plays a positive role in your mental health. It causes chemical reactions that are proven to reduce anxiety and stress and put you in a good mood.

    4. Learn how to manage stress.
    Stress is part of life, so you must learn how to deal with it in order to keep your sanity. Discover the source of your stress to find ways to better handle it.

    5. Enjoy the present.
    Learn how to focus on the present rather than being preoccupied with past or future events. This will help you savor life’s little pleasures that you would otherwise miss.

    6. Find your work-life balance.
    If you feel like you’re spending too much time and energy on one part of your life, your work-life balance may be off. Learn to do both! The best way to do this varies from a person to another. Find the strategy that works best for you.

    7. Get enough sleep.
    Lack of sleep affects your mental health as it can cause emotional and psychological problems. Go to bed at a reasonable hour and try to get 8 hours of sleep. It will help you achieve maximum recovery and face the next day with more vigor.

    8. Develop relationships.
    Developing and maintaining solid personal relationships is very beneficial to your mental health. So work on establishing good relationships with people around you, at home, at work or in your community. These contacts will enrich your life and provide you with great support.

    9. Have fun!
    Taking time to laugh and have fun will go a long way in staying mentally healthy. Laughter lifts moral, keeps you in a good mood and releases stress. Find ways to laugh: comic strips, funny videos or joking with friends.

    10. Get help if you need it.
    At some point in your life, you may need to ask for help. If so, don’t hesitate! It takes courage to seek help but it can really change your life. Know that there are many resources out there. Talk to your pharmacist. He will guide you in finding the best options.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Do what is right not what is convenient.
    All dam good points, and totally true, the hard part is for some or most is to do it. Fact !

    Kudos, especially here on this forum on your thoughts, even your link is japan, selling which is worth as much as tits on a bore hog, here..

    The list u have posted it absolutely true that all should follow for good health, but for most will not, sadly... ! There is a very proven link, between mind and body.

    11. to add to ur list.. The serenity prayer despite the religion of the individual.

    " God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." !

    Many here have not a clue, reminds me of a spanish/knight /noble? fighting tilting windmills.

    Be well,

    よくなって

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y_rofl.gif 
Views:	31 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	9885
    Last edited by madfranks; 17th July 2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: remove spam link
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    688
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 319 Times in 212 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Chocolate is a good mood drug.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

    Dogman (17th July 2018)

  5. #4
    Iridium monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North of The Equator
    Posts
    6,294
    Thanks
    3,136
    Thanked 5,024 Times in 3,321 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Spam

    10. Get help if you need it.
    At some point in your life, you may need to ask for help. If so, don’t hesitate! It takes courage to seek help but it can really change your life. Know that there are many resources out there. Talk to your pharmacist. He will guide you in finding the best options.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Do what is right not what is convenient.
    Last edited by madfranks; 17th July 2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Removed OP spam link
    http://constitutionalmilitia.org/
    "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State"

    "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the most Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." July 4, 1776

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

    osoab (17th July 2018)

  7. #5
    Potmetal Cebu_4_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23,231
    Thanks
    4,007
    Thanked 5,411 Times in 3,601 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Back link generator.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

  8. #6
    Unobtanium osoab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,568
    Thanks
    2,723
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,128 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Spam

    10. Get help if you need it.
    At some point in your life, you may need to ask for help. If so, don’t hesitate! It takes courage to seek help but it can really change your life. Know that there are many resources out there. Talk to your pharmacist. He will guide you in finding the best options.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Do what is right not what is convenient.
    Yeah, Spam.

    Same guy that did "spirit animal" thread.

    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...971#post931971
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

    "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

  9. #7
    Dangerous Donald Neuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    19,283
    Thanks
    7,285
    Thanked 6,174 Times in 4,081 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindachi View Post
    10. Get help if you need it.
    At some point in your life, you may need to ask for help. If so, don’t hesitate! It takes courage to seek help but it can really change your life. Know that there are many resources out there. Talk to your pharmacist. He will guide you in finding the best options.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Do what is right not what is convenient.
    Exactly! As United States declared war on Japan, Hitler and Germany came forward and stood up for their good friends in Japan...Germany and the Nazi’s ultimately lost the war and this decision under the principle ‘Do what is right not what is convenient.’, was a main contributor to their loss... What does that tell you of the Nazi party and Hitler Kindachi? Morally good or bad?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

  10. #8
    Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,811
    Thanks
    973
    Thanked 737 Times in 493 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindachi View Post
    Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. Follow these tips to maintain a good mental state.
    THE single MOST important one is missing? why is this? More (subtle) brainwashing I suspect

    Drink NOTHING but pure WATER, (PROPERLY DISTILLED) for your water intake!

    NEVER EVER drink that poisonous "mineral water" pushed in EVERY STORE on EVERY store shelf

    nothing BUT nothing IS BETTER THAN PURE distilled water, NOTHING!
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

  11. #9
    Brew Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,445
    Thanks
    1,716
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,161 Posts

    Re: 10 tips to maintain good mental health

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    THE single MOST important one is missing? why is this? More (subtle) brainwashing I suspect

    Drink NOTHING but pure WATER, (PROPERLY DISTILLED) for your water intake!

    NEVER EVER drink that poisonous "mineral water" pushed in EVERY STORE on EVERY store shelf

    nothing BUT nothing IS BETTER THAN PURE distilled water, NOTHING!
    I'm sure they busted out the distilling equipment in biblical times to get rid of all those poisonous naturally-occurring minerals, the presence of which due to the water running over poisonous rocks.

    Distilled water is bad for life forms, just ask a yeast cell.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

    Dogman (18th July 2018),Hitch (29th July 2018),midnight rambler (18th July 2018),Neuro (18th July 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •