Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millennial couple bikes thru ISIS territory to prove 'humans are kind'

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Millennial couple bikes thru ISIS territory to prove 'humans are kind'

And they get killed. This was soooo unexpected.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1824...view_term=isis
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Re: Millennial couple bikes thru ISIS territory to prove 'humans are kind'

No video of said experience.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    No video of said experience.
    ISIS made off with their stuff.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 3,209 Posts

That's two fewer Hillary voters.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Tajikistan isn’t in part or whole occupied by ISIS, thus not “ISIS-territory”. Sure there are probably many ISIS supporters/terrorists there, and they had the bad luck to be run into by some of them.

My experience is that people in general are kind and fairly decent, pretty much everywhere in the world, at least in ordinary circumstances. But it is a huge mistake to assume that almost everyone is. From what is written it doesn’t seem these progressives actively invited their problems by being too trusting in this instant, as they were ran into by this car of Islamist terrorists in Tajikistan, together with two other cyclists, and had there throats slit, unless they intentionally went into a particular dangerous area of Tajikistan because they presumed every person was good inside even terrorists.

I haven’t been to Tajikistan, but I have travelled extensively within tribal areas of Pakistan, in the 90’s, areas where national government has no control, places where they have village smiths who hand craft AK-47’s organized into an industry, and only a couple of times did I feel threatened. One time in Peshawar (isn’t in tribal control) someone tried to rob me, but I ran away. One time a mujahedin from Afghanistan thought I was a communist, because I was vegetarian and Buddhist and I was naively arguing my case to him, while his eyes got black. I guess back then half a life ago I was similar to these progressives, maybe I even was one myself at least partially.

People from these countries tend to create a lot of problems when they come to Western countries, they tend to become much more extremist than they generally are at home. Because they feel threatened by the freedoms western people live in their societies, so they become more traditionalist and isolated because of this.

I am not saying that nothing dangerous happens in their societies, but my experience was that most where kind and helpful, more so because I was a tourists. Certainly most of them were also low IQ idiots, that possibly could have been manipulated to attack me in a different time just because I was a foreigner at a moments notice.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,813 Times in 4,307 Posts

"Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”
    I wonder if he believed that bullshit as he and his girlfriend were getting stabbed?

Liberalism really is a mental disease and these 2 dipshits earned a darwin award.

As /Pol would say, nothing of value was lost.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    And they get killed.
    It does not matter what territory you go through if the Lord is not on your side

Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks

Typical leeches. They quit their jobs as government leeches because they wanted to leech off the world. Their theory was that "people were basically kind and generous" and set out to prove that by leeching free room and board wherever they went. Even when the woman fucked up her sleeping pad, they expected the world to fix it. First they called the manufacturer and tried to get warranty work, LOL. Then they called their REI store in Calif LOL. Finally they had Mommy and Stepdaddy BRING HER a new sleeping pad from California.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half Sense For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (17th August 2018),osoab (17th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 3,209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Half Sense View Post
    Typical leeches. They quit their jobs as government leeches because they wanted to leech off the world. Their theory was that "people were basically kind and generous" and set out to prove that by leeching free room and board wherever they went. Even when the woman fucked up her sleeping pad, they expected the world to fix it. First they called the manufacturer and tried to get warranty work, LOL. Then they called their REI store in Calif LOL. Finally they had Mommy and Stepdaddy BRING HER a new sleeping pad from California.
    Where did you see the pad thing? I found their blog. http://www.simplycycling.org/ I'm not that far along to find the pad issue.

They had bingo game cards for the worst things that could happen to themselves on the ride. I didn't see death listed.
    Bike Touring Bingo: embracing disaster, one square at a time
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

11. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (17th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    They had bingo game cards for the worst things that could happen to themselves on the ride. I didn't see death listed.
    Bike Touring Bingo: embracing disaster, one square at a time
    Well they do have 'injury (involving blood)' and 'close encounter with a large animal (not a dog)' for what that's worth.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (17th August 2018),osoab (18th August 2018)