Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin: Illuminati 5G capstone

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (1st October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,813 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Bitcoin: Illuminati 5G capstone

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    For many years a global digital currency has been the dream of the New World Order banker architects. Bitcoin is just that. The bankers planted their idea, they’re letting some nerds develop it for them, then they will take it over.
    Stopped reading after that.

Blockchain is good for a lot of things, but the more I see it and use it I realize it's greatest asset is also its greatest disadvantage. Namely throughput. If Bitcoin for example had Visa or Mastercards transaction volume it would literally choke the network. Don't even start with lightening network, it's only an off chain transaction temporarily, it still has to be committed to the blockchain in order to be valid eventually. Bitcoin struggles with a few thousand transactions in its 10 minute block cycle, there is no way even with lightening network it can accommodate millions of transactions.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

then they will take it over.
    How, technically, will "they" take it over? I'm not being flippant, I've just heard this a few times now about how "they" will take control of bitcoin. This is a technical question, which is, how does one agency take over or control a decentralized network like the bitcoin blockchain? I understand how bitcoin works, and there's no way to centralize it; if you centralized bitcoin it's not bitcoin anymore.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Ares (20th September 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    How, technically, will "they" take it over? I'm not being flippant, I've just heard this a few times now about how "they" will take control of bitcoin. This is a technical question, which is, how does one agency take over or control a decentralized network like the bitcoin blockchain? I understand how bitcoin works, and there's no way to centralize it; if you centralized bitcoin it's not bitcoin anymore.
    Agreed, and on the more technical side how can they take over a decentralized blockchain and allow for the type of transaction volume that a centralized financial institution can provide? Centralized, fast seamless and transactions take seconds. Blockchain transactions are not fast, and if Bitcoin is being loaded with a lot of transactions your transaction depending on network fee could take hours to get processed. Hardly efficient.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Stopped reading after that.

Blockchain is good for a lot of things, but the more I see it and use it I realize it's greatest asset is also its greatest disadvantage. Namely throughput. If Bitcoin for example had Visa or Mastercards transaction volume it would literally choke the network. Don't even start with lightening network, it's only an off chain transaction temporarily, it still has to be committed to the blockchain in order to be valid eventually. Bitcoin struggles with a few thousand transactions in its 10 minute block cycle, there is no way even with lightening network it can accommodate millions of transactions.
    Like gold, it needs a many associated fiat crypto.

Unlike gold, no value to anyone anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Unlike gold, no value to anyone anywhere.
    That's weird then, I was able to sell one bitcoin for 7 ounces of gold. Those 7 ounces of gold are valuable.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

That's weird then, I was able to sell one bitcoin for 7 ounces of gold. Those 7 ounces of gold are valuable.
    I've done something very similar with that other funny money FRNs. Some people are easily fooled.

True story: Several years ago I was into vintage Airstream travel trailers, buying and selling. This one fellow had one for sale so I contacted him and asked, "Will you take (x amount, don't recall but the conversion to FRNs was at his asking price in FRNs) one ounce US Gold Eagles for the Airstream you have for sale?" His reply, "NO, I want *real* money."
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

madfranks (20th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Rather common than strange, there are countless examples of value being gained with little or no real effort in this our world of discriminatory fiat.

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Bitcoin struggles with a few thousand transactions in its 10 minute block cycle, there is no way even with lightening network it can accommodate millions of transactions.
    right, buy RPX can and WILL.
    Xrapid is going live in November and XRP will become the dominant coin for worldwide bank transfers.
    Everyday another bank gets involved, yesterday it was PNC, the 9th largest bank in the US.
    The main European banks are pretty much already on board
    It's already baked into the cake and there's virtually nothing to stop it!
    This coin has skyrocketed in the last few days as more people are waking up to this

Attachment 9939

Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    right, buy RPX can and WILL.
    Xrapid is going live in November and XRP will become the dominant coin for worldwide bank transfers.
    Everyday another bank gets involved, yesterday it was PNC, the 9th largest bank in the US.
    The main European banks are pretty much already on board
    This coin has skyrocketed in the last few days as more people are waking up to this

Attachment 9939

Ripple (XRP) is a scam banker coin. Stay as far away from that as possible.

Except for treaties. For inter-bank lending all banks the world over use SWIFT. You'll notice that Ripple Labs does not address this, and keep in mind that when banks are using Ripple they are not using XRP (the token), they are piggy backing on top of Ripples Network. XRP - for the plebs to use, trade and barter with, while Ripple labs still holds the bulk majority of XRP locked up and can release at any time. The banks you listed are not using XRP, but Ripples network. So if no one is actually using XRP the token to do any of this how can it have any value?

Ripple is also having to defend multiple lawsuits over it's XRP definition and practices. While Ripple sells XRP and claims it's "decentralized" it's not, Ripple owns all of the Ripple network nodes, XRP is not being used as advertised and functions more like a security.

https://www.coindesk.com/third-rippl...is-a-security/

Anyone of these lawsuits has the potential of crushing Ripple.

Like I said, stay away from that shit coin.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

madfranks (21st September 2018)