Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Re: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    When I was messing around with the link it flashed up the caching service, the name escapes me right now....something fire. That service runs a global network of cache servers and ISP's serve up pages and content from that network to save on traffic costs of getting pages and content from the source. Obviously the more popular sites and content get cached closer to end users that are accessing it. The cache gets updated if the source changes.

I think the search results were served from the cache and the cache might be compromised. I noticed a streaming site I visit was having issues several times this week, page or content not found. I got a page from the cache service a couple times saying network or domain issues were happening.
    CloudFlare.

https://www.cloudflare.com/
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Glass (17th February 2017)

Palladium
    Thanks

Re: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...IBygA&dpr=1.25

SECOND LINK HAS THE filestore72 HIJACK
    This is a hijack bug in vbulletin forum software. Google filestore72 and vbulletin. It is not your browser.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atocha For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (17th February 2017)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atocha View Post
    This is a hijack bug in vbulletin forum software. Google filestore72 and vbulletin. It is not your browser.
    So the site owner can fix it?

Palladium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    So the site owner can fix it?
    I am sure it is possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atocha View Post

The cure needs to be provided by our slumlord JQP:

Flish

01-02-17, 22:02

This is complex, but basically at some point a vulnerability has compromised the site and allowed code to be Injected server side into the pho scripts that power the site.

The injected code has some logic that says 'if the visitor has come from a search engine and this is their first visit then inject this JavaScript code into the page' - the injected code redirects us to the dodgy site, and is why we can't see it by viewing source and most of us are unaware, but if you kill cookies and run a script to capture output by pretending to have been referred by google you can capture the code.

The fix is for the site owners server side, vulnerability needs fixing and the php scripts cleaned up, good news it's fairly obvious to a capable Deb what the dodgybcode is, bad news is it could have been injected into 100's of files, *sometimes* you can automate cleanup, but it will happen again if you don't fix the entry point

not sure who to signpost this too, but happy to help if someone reaches out

Robert Burns

02-02-17, 05:02

Hi all,

Apologies for that, but hopefully it is now all resolved.

Cpanel upgraded
    LiteSpeed server upgraded
    PHP upgraded.
    Site software upgraded
    All server side passwords have been changed.

So hopefully we are all back to normal. If anyone see's anything dodgy, feel free to report it. The Mods all have my email address.

I can confirm it was a redirect file in the structure not an SQL injection, still not sure how they got it in the file structure, but it's gone now. You'll see that all references to the file name have been changed, I then downloaded a dump of the database and did a search, so I know we were not infected database side.

I've done a google search and clicked all the links and only come here. I urge all members to clear their cache on their browsers.

If you want to be belt & braces safe a password change is never a bad thing, though as I said before, I am content that they did not breach the database, and so no information was lost.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Horn (17th February 2017),ximmy (17th February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Not so much here, i get it on othersites that are perfectly safe.

When I load them into a stripped down chrome browser (Epic) they load ok.

I think it has to do with tracking cookies. If you dont retain them in chrome or official jew browsers u get it.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

site owner, have you seen this thread?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

I'll contact the ISP, and let them take a look at it. Thanks.
    "What Difference, at this time, does it make?"

"What is 'is'?"

"Because you'd be in jail"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Ares (18th February 2017),Jewboo (17th February 2017),Joshua01 (18th February 2017),ximmy (17th February 2017)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    yes this is the service and I think this is where the problem lies. It is before you even get to the forum... and other site links are affected as well. They cache google search results and serve those up to users instead of hitting Google each time for a new search. They also cache popular content like YT videos and so on so that it doesn't need to get transmitted from the source every time.

I think this is the service that has been hacked or affected and is what we are seeing.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

I haven't use jewgle in years and this site is in my bookmarks so I go direct. Never an issue besides the fucked up formatting due to a lack of free updates.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (18th February 2017)