Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 60 Days In Prison And A $12,180 Fine For Hosting A Home Bible Study In Arizona

Thanks

Re: 60 Days In Prison And A $12,180 Fine For Hosting A Home Bible Study In Arizona

And how would you collect on the jetski and everything else they own?
    Time is running out, make all the jokes you want, but the future isn't so funny - General of Darkness

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Re: 60 Days In Prison And A $12,180 Fine For Hosting A Home Bible Study In Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Awoke View Post
    And how would you collect on the jetski and everything else they own?
    Administrative process. You enforce your contracts the same way they enforce theirs. It is the same system for everyone.

Why do you suppose North Carolina coppicemen were advised to not keep property in their own name?

They are not government employees performing public service so have no immunity. They are private for profit enterprises.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

Awoke (10th July 2012)

Thanks

Talking to my immediate family about this is infuriating! They are so concerned with how annoying it would be if there were a bunch of cars parked out front of their house for a couple hours once a week. Wtf do they care? I get if there was someone parked in front of your driveway or some kind of vandalism but wtf do you care otherwise? drives me crazy that they don't see the big picture.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Osiris For This Useful Post:

zap (9th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Talking to my immediate family about this is infuriating! They are so concerned with how annoying it would be if there were a bunch of cars parked out front of their house for a couple hours once a week. Wtf do they care? I get if there was someone parked in front of your driveway or some kind of vandalism but wtf do you care otherwise? drives me crazy that they don't see the big picture.
    This is classical conditioning. They change the argument from a 1st amendment issue into a wedge issue like 'I dont want cars on my street'. These same people will be OUTRAGED once they find out this whole thing is set up to require a permit to have a birthday party for your 8 year old daughter. Then, they will complain about how Government is out of control, and how it just isnt fair.
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iOWNme For This Useful Post:

Awoke (10th July 2012),Skirnir_ (10th July 2012)

Gold
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post
    This is classical conditioning. They change the argument from a 1st amendment issue into a wedge issue like 'I dont want cars on my street'. These same people will be OUTRAGED once they find out this whole thing is set up to require a permit to have a birthday party for your 8 year old daughter. Then, they will complain about how Government is out of control, and how it just isnt fair.
    Most people are myopic, facile cunts who cannot think beyond the present. Machiavelli likely detected this in The Prince when he said that that they are 'wicked and deceitful' by nature, not unlike Li Si, a favourite of mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post

we have a winner folks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

Awoke (10th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    sounds like NIMBY'ism is one of the forces tearing apart the Constitution.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gunDriller For This Useful Post:

iOWNme (10th July 2012)