Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1317

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Hey Mamboni...

Real Life graphics still aren't as good as Skyrim graphics, just saying.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

osoab (28th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Starting around the 13:00 minute mark Owen talks about Flat Earth with proofs for over an hour. Worth watching...

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Starting around the 13:00 minute mark Owen talks about Flat Earth with proofs for over an hour. Worth watching...

Truth is chased from many villages.

Indeed!

I congratulate Mr. Benjamin on his awakening to the truth of our reality.🤓
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,265 Posts

I watched the video and I will take their word for the line-of-sight laser evidence, etc. I allow my mind to be open on the subject because I have had delusions and lies drop away with the light of truth. ...But.... There are many reasons I cannot go with the flat earth. Just for one, how is it that we can fly aircraft and ships around the globe from east to west and west to east? This is proof of a global earth I would think. As far as the arguement that travel does not cross Antarctica, I don't know but perhaps it is not a very safe transect and would be a really rare route being that most departures and destinations are no where near the south pole. Do aircraft transect the north pole routinely?

Wouldn't it be quite obvious to ship captains and companies moving between Australia, South America, South Africa, etc. that they are traveling tremendous distances between destinations, which would be the case if Antarctica circled the earth. I don't think something of this magnitude would pass the smell test for a myriad of reasons. I could go on but maybe you folks who believe in flat earth could answer these questions.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

6. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (28th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I watched the video and I will take their word for the line-of-sight laser evidence, etc. I allow my mind to be open on the subject because I have had delusions and lies drop away with the light of truth. ...But.... There are many reasons I cannot go with the flat earth. Just for one, how is it that we can fly aircraft and ships around the globe from east to west and west to east? This is proof of a global earth I would think. As far as the arguement that travel does not cross Antarctica, I don't know but perhaps it is not a very safe transect and would be a really rare route being that most departures and destinations are no where near the south pole. Do aircraft transect the north pole routinely?

Wouldn't it be quite obvious to ship captains and companies moving between Australia, South America, South Africa, etc. that they are traveling tremendous distances between destinations, which would be the case if Antarctica circled the earth. I don't think something of this magnitude would pass the smell test for a myriad of reasons. I could go on but maybe you folks who believe in flat earth could answer these questions.
    First, travel from east to west and visa versa is a semicircular path, whether on a globe or a circular plane (i.e. see United Nations map/logo). Simplest example is travel along the equator from east to west. On a flat earth the path subtends a portion of the circle whose center is at the north pole.

Ship captains who have attempted to circumnavigate the Antarctica coast line documented that the voyage logged in excess of 70,000 miles and required years. Also, there are numerous instances of ships falling out of their reckoning when traversing the southern hemisphere particularly as they travel further south.

There are hundreds of proofs of the flat earth based on empirical measurements and observations. There are no proofs of a globe earth based on primary measurements or observations (i.e. the blue marble globe earth is a man made construct, not a primary datum).

The result of the Michelson-Morley experiment has two possible solutions. One solution was the simple and obvious one, that the earth does not move. This solution was discarded out of hand by scientists because of it's obvious implications. The other solution was offered by Einstein in the form of the Special Relativity, a brilliant construct of pure metaphysics having no connection to the real world. Tesla pointed this out at the time.

On a side note, do you recall the astronaut who almost drowned while performing a space walk? How exactly does a space suit fill with water whilst floating in a vaccuum? The answer is this: there are no space walking astronauts. These so-called space walks are performed underwater in a large pool containing a model of the space station. Just examine the strange lighting with the blunted contrasts typical of underwater videography. Also, many Youtube videos have documented errant bubbles in the purported vacuum of space. If NASA is faking these space walks one must ponder what else NASA is faking and why?

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote from Mamboni:
    "Ship captains who have attempted to circumnavigate the Antarctica coast line documented that the voyage logged in excess of 70,000 miles and required years. Also, there are numerous instances of ships falling out of their reckoning when traversing the southern hemisphere particularly as they travel further south."

I cannot merely take your word for the ships logging in excess of 70,000 miles. To my mind, it would become obvious to any seagoers that something was wrong with their maps when they attempted to travel from Australia to South America or South Africa. The distances would be staggering. What about the Peri Reisse map which clearly shows the coastline of Antarctica? It does not indicate a flat earth and it was made long before any attempt at fooling the citizens of earth could possibly have been mounted due to technological restraints. Also, it was purportedly a copy made from a far older map. It had to have been extremely ancient because the only way it could have shown the coastline would be if that coastline had been clear of glaciation at the time of mapping. Antarctica is definitely ancient and it is most certainly hiding secrets 'they' don't want us to know.

As far as the astronauts, I believe nothing. NASA is a fraud. Did we go to the moon? I doubt men walked there.

As far as Benjamin Owen, his main thesis is that "Because his dad is gay, the world is flat." That dude is full of himself and although I watched his presentation, I thought him to be an arrogant ass, bloviating past the point of all decency.

No, something of the magnitude of a flat earth would become obvious to mankind as we used our technology to conduct trade across the oceans. We rely on maps to travel and make money. It's all about the money. It is always all about the money. If the earth was flat and Antarctica circled it, we could not reconcile the facts with the lie as we tried to make money by moving men and machines and goods through the water.

No disrespect, but I simply don't believe your position. I would love to discuss it more because I am amazed that you have come to the conclusion you have. My mind is open and I am willing to admit error if it exists.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (31st October 2019),hoarder (29th October 2019),Jewboo (29th October 2019),monty (29th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

...I allow my mind to be open on the subject because I have had delusions and lies drop away with the light of truth. ...But....There are many reasons I cannot go with the flat earth...

Same here Woodman.

As far as Benjamin Owen, his main thesis is that "Because his dad is gay, the world is flat." That dude is full of himself and although I watched his presentation, I thought him to be an arrogant ass, bloviating past the point of all decency.

Amusing how Owen kept a straight face insisting as fact that "obviously God created our flat Earth"............................................ .....because his (((bible))) says so.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

woodman (29th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

AJ is getting in on the action now.

The fat man might just show up at the FE Conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01JgbG99B0
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

13. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

mamboni (31st October 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 7,914 Posts

Well then it's official - with AJ onboard it's for the lunatics.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

osoab (1st November 2019),woodman (31st October 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

You know, the thing with this Flat Earth is that to my mind it would be patently obvious. Either the world is a globe or it is not. If it is not a globe, then the shipping lanes and rates would be so far skewed between the northern hemisphere and the southern as to make it immediately apparent. Times between destinations in the southern hemishphere would be so greater in magnitude for the same 'supposed' distance, that it would be an obvious tell-tale sign. I am amazed that this thing has gained any following at all. Has the flouride and mercury and public education taken us so far backward down the trail of enlightenment that we can no longer make logical reckonings?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (31st October 2019),midnight rambler (31st October 2019),monty (1st November 2019)