Re: /XMR/ Monero General

Top Canadian liberty activist Chris Sky gets into Monero:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Amanda (31st October 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 2,604 Posts

Shami- A friend of mine recommended Hex and Pulsechain, but I looked somewhere (maybe on one of those links you posted) and it seems like people are saying those are scams. Do you have any thoughts on this? Do you still recommend Monero?

Also, how is this info below going to affect crypto? Are people invested in crypto just going to get the digital ID I honestly don't know when this is going to happen,but I'm assuming before 2030 since that's when the want to have it all wrapped up.

Digital ID to access internet on the way!!!

So at about 28 min or so Whitney gets into it--says the US, UK, Israel is onboard with this Digital Agenda ID and they want to make it so you need your digital ID to access the internet. So, what happens to the crypto community?? seems like at some point in the future you will have to be in their system (get a digital ID) to do crypto- or am I missing something.

And I guess this all fits with these ruling psychopaths declaring themselves rulers over the "digital commons" including the internet: https://in-this-together.com/global-commons-part-1/
    In June 2021 the WEF wrote the Case for a Digital Commons. Whenever they want to include something else in the list they use the language of sustainable development. It doesn’t matter that this makes no rational sense, the point is to sell the notion with the right buzz-words: “COVID-19 highlighted and accelerated the centrality of digital technology in our lives. Yet the digital ecosystem is one of the most unequal and dysfunctional aspects of our collective lives. How can we build a digital ecosystem that ensures broadly shared participation and prosperity? We argue that shifting our view to see technology infrastructure as a digital commons could point the way forward for an inclusive and sustainable ecosystem with shared social benefit.”

Now they claim the authority to rule the Internet and all digital communication technology.

Whitney Webb Interview (Global Elite Deep Dive...What Is Their History, Motive, and True Plan?)

https://odysee.com/@RebelCapitalist:...-Webb-Part-2:4

More here:
    Ending Anonymity: Why The WEF’s Partnership Against Cybercrime Threatens The Future Of Privacy
    https://unlimitedhangout.com/2021/07...re-of-privacy/

With many focusing on tomorrow’s Cyber Polygon exercise, less attention has been paid to the World Economic Forum’s real ambitions in cybersecurity – to create a global organization aimed at gutting even the possibility of anonymity online. With the governments of the US, UK and Israel on board, along with some of the world’s most powerful corporations, it is important to pay attention to their endgame, not just the simulations.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (1st November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Great information.

When those 1099s start coming in, that will be jet fuel for XMR and BCH.

Thanks

Monero is very bullish right now. The xmr:btc pair has a bump and run formation with a retest, and it’s now paying upwards.

Thanks

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Gibberish to me.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

9. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

monty (18th January 2022)

Thanks

Basically, it’s fud that when the bitcoin mining rewards run out over the next number of decades that there will be no incentive for anyone to keep mining and keep the network secure.

Monero has something called a tail emission to fix this problem, at the cost of an unlimited supply (that exponentially decreases however, so not really that inflationary). The entire concept of bitcoin is that the supply is capped so that option isn’t available to them.

I do think one possibility is that nation states may secure the network to secure their own wealth and international trade, so might not end up being a problem.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Basically, it’s fud that when the bitcoin mining rewards run out over the next number of decades that there will be no incentive for anyone to keep mining and keep the network secure.

Monero has something called a tail emission to fix this problem, at the cost of an unlimited supply (that exponentially decreases however, so not really that inflationary). The entire concept of bitcoin is that the supply is capped so that option isn’t available to them.

I do think one possibility is that nation states may secure the network to secure their own wealth and international trade, so might not end up being a problem.
    So some aspect of mining is responsible for bitcoin network security?
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    So some aspect of mining is responsible for bitcoin network security?
    Yup, that is the primary purpose of mining.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Yup, that is the primary purpose of mining.
    That seems to be an enormous shortcoming; a giant chink in the armor of bitcoin. The mere fact that mining uses so much energy, I believe would make that crypto untenable. Am I missing something?