Page 107 of 132 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1317

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by C.Martel View Post
    My iq is kinda low, it's only 135. So someone smarter can explain it better, critique it. Doesn't the lunar phases disprove that map? When the moon is new, the moon and with the sun and not visible. Ok, so far. When the moon is full, the light from the sun reaches the moon and only produces a half moon because the sun and the moon are not opposite each other as in reality, but just distant, as with the map. The sun would reflect on only half the moon if they are at the same level. The only way for there to be a full moon is for the sun to be small (as compared to the moon) and close to us and for the moon to be large and far. As proven before, the stars are close to us, just beyond the airplanes, on a projector screen, according to this map. The moon would have to be very large and beyond this projector screen. If it is beyond the projector screen and large, wouldn't the moon never set, but just be out there and be seen when there is no light/at night always. Since this is not the case, the moon is also apart of this projector screen, but we are being conned by the projector screen, for it makes it look like the light from the sun creates moonlight, when it is the lousy projector making the light of the moon.
    The moon does not reflect light from the sun.

Go shine a light on a ball. It reflects at a point, not the whole sphere.

The moon is a light generator, just like the sun. It's a cool night light. The phases were God's way of giving us months. A built in calendar.
    Voting is the opium of the masses.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Salty For This Useful Post:

StreetsOfGold (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Believe our own eyes!

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    It is obvious from that map that there is no way there could be midnight sun on the South Pole, or the Antarctic Rim if you choose that model, even at spring and autumn equinoxes, the sun would only shine for a short time.
    Unfortunately, all of the "24 Hour" Antarctic vids are not 24 hours.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post

The moon is a light generator, just like the sun. It's a cool night light. The phases were God's way of giving us months. A built in calendar.
    Dang, Uncle Salty is in the F.E. camp.

I tried doing the moonlight temp test with an I.R. thermometer. My unscientific results were inconclusive. On an asphalt drive, I had about a .5-1 degree cooler temp in moonlight vs moonshade. On aluminum siding, I saw a .1-.3 temp increase difference. Nothing that couldn't be attributed to the cheap Harbor Freight I.R. thermometer.

I need to try it with the magnifying glass too. 2 more weeks before next full moon.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Unfortunately, all of the "24 Hour" Antarctic vids are not 24 hours.
    There have been thousands of people at Antarctica at research stations and adventurers, during Southern Hemisphere summer, you don't think any of those would say anything about it? And then you have poor Glass at this forum, who would only get maximum 8 hours of sunlight around Christmas (summer equinox). in Australia. Strangely I never heard him complain about it. I was there in January/February 1992, and I can't recall those long dark nights either, but it is a long time ago so my memories might have gotten skewed, by the constant round earth propaganda that engulfs humanity.

Seriously what's wrong with you on this? On pretty much everything else you seem to be able to give a sober and well reasoned response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

crimethink (30th August 2017)

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Why is Kurt Russel in that pic?
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post

Seriously what's wrong with you on this? On pretty much everything else you seem to be able to give a sober and well reasoned response.
    It's because I can't prove that it's not.

Then you look at .gov photos and realize they are all faked, photoshopped, or an "interpretation". None of what .gov shows us is on the up and up. So why believe their calcs? Why, after all we know of .gov fuckery, would we trust anything from them?

Maybe I have entered one of them loops of confirmation bias. Heck if I know.

However...

It's assholes like you that keep the good men down.

There is some truth there, though. Mamboni took a fucking leap to come out as F.E. I didn't until he did. I knew what the reaction would be.
    The unwavering faith in .gov of both Book and yourself is shameful and embarrassing. You guys really went over the line in the chastising. Doc didn't deserve that.

Once again. Why would anyone trust anything from .gov?
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

mamboni (29th August 2017),StreetsOfGold (30th August 2017)