Thread: Christian Greek-American refugee from Saddam years deported to Iraq and dies

Platinum
    Thanks

Christian Greek-American refugee from Saddam years deported to Iraq and dies

Born in Greece in a migrant camp, deported to Iraq after trump regime kicks him out of country he has been living in since 6 months after birth. He was living in America without papers for over 40 years, like every free born libertarian man wishes, no Social Security card, no registration at birth (birth certificate), no drivers license. And he was not deported to Greece, where he was born, but to deported to an unknown country.

This is literally idiocracy:

https://youtu.be/l7ICZHPPTtY?t=1m11s

he was unscanable, therefore deported, made an 'illegal'.

Iraqi man dies after Trump administration deports him

By TED HESSON and NAHAL TOOSI

08/07/2019 06:34 PM EDT

Updated 08/08/2019 03:14 PM EDT
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter

A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts. Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes.

Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

“Rest In Peace Jimmy,” Bajoka wrote. “Your blood is on the hands of ICE and this administration.”

The Trump administration has sought to deport more than 1,000 Iraqis with final orders of removal, including Chaldean Catholics in the Detroit metro area, of which Aldaoud was one. Chaldeans are an eastern branch of the Roman Catholic church who trace their roots to ancient Mesopotamia in present-day Iraq, where they are at high risk of being tortured or killed by the the terror group ISIS, the American Civil Liberties Union argued in a related legal case.

"Jimmy Aldaoud ... should have never been sent to Iraq," Rep. Andy Levin (D-Mich.) said in a written statement. "My Republican colleagues and I have repeatedly called on the executive branch to cease deportation of such vulnerable people. Now, someone has died."

Advocates point out that many Chaldeans targeted for deportation have spent years or decades in the U.S.

Miriam Aukerman, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, which represents the immigrants in a class-action lawsuit, warned that continued deportations by Immigration and Customs Enforcement could put more people at risk.
    Global Translations

A new podcast series from POLITICO.
    Email

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time.

“Jimmy’s death has devastated his family and us,” she said in a written statement. “We knew he would not survive if deported. What we don’t know is how many more people ICE will send to their deaths.”

An ICE spokesperson in Detroit said that Aldaoud had “an extensive criminal history“ that involved at least 20 convictions from 1998 to 2017, and had twice been ordered removed from the U.S.

The convictions included assault with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence, theft of personal property, and breaking and entering, according to ICE. A POLITICO search of court records showed Aldaoud served 17 months for a home invasion in 2013.

The spokesperson said Aldaoud was released pursuant to a federal court order in December 2018, but removed a GPS tracking bracelet on the day of his release. The spokesperson added that ICE had supplied Aldaoud “with a full complement of medicine“ when he was removed to Iraq in June, “to ensure continuity of care.“

The battle over the fate of the immigrant group has played out in Michigan, a state that Trump won by a narrow margin in 2016. Many in the Chaldean community supported Trump‘s candidacy and feel betrayed now.

Martin Manna of the Chaldean Community Foundation said roughly 160,000 Chaldeans live in the state and that at least half are registered voters.

“There’s a tremendous amount of anxiety in the community,” he said. “Iraq’s not a safe place for many of the people who are being sent back.”

Manna said his organization has pressed the Trump administration to grant Chaldeans “deferred enforced departure,” a form of humanitarian relief that would allow the population to remain in the U.S. and work legally on a temporary basis.

The administration extended the status for as many as 3,500 Liberians in March, but generally has moved to draw down enrollment in immigration relief programs.

2020 Dems on the issues 

Immigration: DACA Illegal Entry The Wall

Levin and Rep. John Moolenaar (R-Mich.) introduced a bipartisan bill in May that would grant two years of deportation relief to Iraqis with final orders of removal. While the measure counts 30 cosponsors, the passage of any immigration legislation in the current partisan environment could be a challenge.

The battle over the fate of Iraqis with final orders of removal began shortly after Trump took office.

The government of Iraq in 2017 agreed to accept deportees after previously refusing to cooperate with repatriations. Reuters reported at the time that the concession was part of an agreement to remove Iraq from the list of restricted countries in Trump’s original travel ban.

“We are doing things as required by international law, and sometimes you lose sleep over it,” an Iraqi diplomat told POLITICO about agreements with the U.S.

Advocates for the immigrants took the fight to federal court, but were hit with a major setback in December when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit ruled the Trump administration could proceed with removals. The decision reversed a lower court’s ruling that had blocked the enforcement actions.

In its decision, the 6th Circuit stressed that many of the people subject to deportation had committed crimes.

Bajoka, the family friend, said Aldaoud suffered from schizophrenia and other mental health issues.

“His mental health was the primary reason for his legal issues that led to his deportation,” Bajoka wrote on Facebook.

Aldaoud spoke about his deportation in an undated video posted to Facebook this week. In the video, he appears to be sitting on a sidewalk stoop in Baghdad.

“Immigration agents pulled me over and said I’m going to Iraq,” he said. “I said, ‘I’ve never been there. I’ve been in this country my whole life, since pretty much birth.’ … They refused to listen to me.”

Aldaoud said in the video that he had been homeless, vomiting because of a lack of access to insulin and unable to speak the language in Iraq. He also said he had been kicked while sleeping in the street.

“I begged them,” he said of his conversations with ICE agents. “I said, ‘Please, I’ve never seen that country, I’ve never been there.’ However, they forced me.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ration-1643512

Christian Chaldeans from Iraq who as a voting block, voted for trump, are now grouped in with Mexicans as unwanted. Those not yet citizens and are Iraqis fleeing to America for safety from Saddam and the Iraq wars were accepted as safe in past years, only now are grouped in with Mexicans.

trump's regime is worse than Idiocracy.
    Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Martel For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (13th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Christian Greek-American refugee from Saddam years deported to Iraq and dies

An ICE spokesperson in Detroit said that Aldaoud had “an extensive criminal history“ that involved at least 20 convictions from 1998 to 2017, and had twice been ordered removed from the U.S.

The convictions included assault with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence, theft of personal property, and breaking and entering, according to ICE. A POLITICO search of court records showed Aldaoud served 17 months for a home invasion in 2013.

The spokesperson said Aldaoud was released pursuant to a federal court order in December 2018, but removed a GPS tracking bracelet on the day of his release.
    Yeah model libertarian...

Is this the best they can do in terms of supposedly unethical deportations?

I say good riddance of this piece of shit. He met an appropriate end.

Why on earth should he be deported to Greece? In almost all countries of the world the child gets the citizenship of the parents regardless where born, and NOT the country where you are born. This includes all European countries. Legally he has no relation to Greece.

Why are catholic Iraqi’s supposedly at a higher status than catholic Mexican’s?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Christian Greek-American refugee from Saddam years deported to Iraq and dies

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    In almost all countries of the world the child gets the citizenship of the parents regardless where born, and NOT the country where you are born. This includes all European countries. Legally he has no relation to Greece.
    His parents were in a refugee camp in Greece. Refugees are generally given a pass while they are fleeing conditions in their own countries. By this I mean that the Roman law principle of jus soli does not apply to their offspring while they are refugees and have not been accepted into a country. Therefore the nationality of someone born in a refugee camp defaults to the nationality of their parents. I presume the parents were accepted into the U.S. and it is odd that this acceptance did not extend to their children in terms of nationality.

Likely this man could have corrected his status once he achieved his majority. This lack of action is a defect that likely killed him.

If in doubt about your status write a letter. It is painless and fills in voids in knowledge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

Neuro (17th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    His parents were in a refugee camp in Greece. Refugees are generally given a pass while they are fleeing conditions in their own countries. By this I mean that the Roman law principle of jus soli does not apply to their offspring while they are refugees and have not been accepted into a country. Therefore the nationality of someone born in a refugee camp defaults to the nationality of their parents. I presume the parents were accepted into the U.S. and it is odd that this acceptance did not extend to their children in terms of nationality.

Likely this man could have corrected his status once he achieved his majority. This lack of action is a defect that likely killed him.

If in doubt about your status write a letter. It is painless and fills in voids in knowledge.
    Perhaps he didn’t want a US CITIZENSHIP. I know a few American born who find the idea abhorrent.

Anyhow no major loss to the gene pool. Better luck in your next reincarnation...

Btw where is Goldie? It was a long time since I bitch slapped her.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

ziero0 (17th August 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Perhaps he didn’t want a US CITIZENSHIP. I know a few American born who find the idea abhorrent.
    Most Americans have no idea that U.S. citizenship is an office. It SHOULD come with a paycheck.

Being eligible to be a U.S. citizen is a satisfactory substitute ... and no requirement for officeholder status or payment for services rendered.