Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Re: I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

Does anyone else smell bagels?

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    Does anyone else smell bagels?
    Mmmm!! Bagels!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

I didn't sell him the lot. I was very busy when the lot went up for sale and I wasn't dead set on accuiring it. Hindsight is 20/20. I do own all the lots around him and it is all of a single platted area. The previous neighbors were never a problem. I slowly bought all the land around me after having problems with meth labs and barking dogs and heavy traffic/music with loud bass. I could go on. Lots of fucktardery over the years. Long story short; I need about 1000 acres and to put my home in the very middle. I love people, just don't like neighbors.

I could get shitty and put some hogs upwind from him and make life a misery/decimate his property value, but this is not my way. I'll figure it out but I really don't want to get nasty. If only people would be considerate.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

"If only people would be considerate."
    They usually are but that generally happens after they have tried everything else.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Golden Marlin.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Golden Marlin.
    Looked it up. Fly killer that will kill racoons. I can't use any poison or hurt the dogs. It's not the dogs fault, but the owners. Now if there was some substance that would shred the vocal chords, I might be tempted but killing them is off the table.

My old buddy Bill who was a wild man, had a problem with his neighbors dog. This is just down the road from me. The dog was running all over his place and chasing cats and pissing off Bill's dogs. Bill asked the guy to reign his dog in. The guy says, "Well, a dog's gonna do what a dog's gonna do." Bill did what he had to do. Gave it the three esses; Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

Kind of a funny story; same dog but different year. A german shepard shows up chasing my cats and being a nuisance. I thought I had run it off. That night we had a hell of a thunder storm. I had gone to bed early and my wife came home from her evening job, wakes me up and says there is a dog in the shower. I go in the bathroom and sure enough, that german shepard is laying down in the shower with it's head sticking out into the bathroom. I had to drag it out, because it didn't want to go. Fought me all the way. I talked to the owner and turns out the dog was frightened to hell of thunder storms and also knew how to open screen doors with it's paws. So the thing is scared of the storm, comes in my house while I'm sleeping and gets into the shower. My wife gets home and goes to pee and as she is doing her business she hears this 'Panting'. She looks over and sticking out of the shower stall is this huge dog head and big red tongue hanging out. Freaked her out.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

hoarder (23rd October 2020),midnight rambler (23rd October 2020),osoab (23rd October 2020)