Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Re: Ohhhh Ahhhh Ohhhh! Palladium!

I can't believe it is 5 years since I bought Pd!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    I can't believe it is 5 years since I bought Pd!
    How is the market when you try & sell one ?
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Yeehaw!
    This was the worst jinx... EVER!

Attachment 6097

But hey, twice the price of Platinum... I'm rich!
    “It doesn’t matter how they did 911. It only matters that they lied about it.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    This was the worst jinx... EVER!

Attachment 6097

But hey, twice the price of Platinum... I'm rich!
    Gold you get paid a quarter an ounce to accept, but you still go after the Pd pumper! You Bastard!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

VX1 (9th March 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    How is the market when you try & sell one ?
    Probably no-one close remembers that Pd even exists any longer...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpo View Post
    By J.C. Parets
    Palladium isn't exactly the most popular commodity, or even the most popular metal. It's kind of just there, isn't it? Growing up in Miami, Florida, I had to learn the hard way that things are usually the most quiet right before the storm. It should come as no surprise that palladium has been one of the most quiet assets on earth. But I have a funny feeling that that’s all about to change. This week's breakout is one that we'll probably look back on later this year and point to it as the "aha” moment.
    Enlarge Image

First, a little bit of background. If we're talking about metals, I think it's important to compare them to find out where the relative strength has been in this particular space. To the left is a two-year chart showing the performance of gold, silver, platinum, copper and palladium. With the rest of the metals getting clobbered, it's nice to see palladium behaving so well. This is the first thing that caught our attention coming into the year.
    Enlarge Image

Next is the weekly chart of palladium which shows exactly why this was one of my favorite assets coming into the new year. The setup is beautiful. Since the huge rally from 2008, the price of the metal rallied over 430%. But since early 2011, prices have been digesting those gains, frustrating both the bulls and the bears and leaving people with nothing to talk about in this regard.
    As a technician who focuses on market behavior, a breakout in price above this key resistance signals to me that the supply is drying up. With demand now exceeding this overhead supply, the buyers have regained control in the palladium space.
    Enlarge Image

Now let’s look at a near-term chart of this supply being taken out. Isn't that nice?
    In terms of a price target, we can take the size of this consolidation and add it to the breakout level. Let's call it 300 points from a breakout above 750. These are conservatives measured-move targets, but still takes us north of $1000. Percentage-wise, this is still a long way to go. But more importantly, let's remember that the secular trend here is up, and we're coming off a three-year consolidation. As they say, the bigger the base, the higher in space, and we can therefore go a lot higher than the initial 1050 target.
    From a risk-management perspective, We just want to see this week's breakout hold. If prices start to fall back below the lows of the week, it would put palladium in danger of a false breakout, or at the very least a longer consolidation, so that 750 is one we want to watch.
    This metal looks great, both on a relative and absolute basis. It is difficult for me to find a setup out there that I like more than this one. For someone who looks at thousands of charts, I am probably most impressed with palladium on multiple time frames.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pal...own-2014-03-07
    it's coming as I said!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Wow! $21 jump in a day. Pd moving to $800+.

Thanks

It is really taking off now! Up $25 today when the rest stood pretty much still $791!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

good stuff FO SHO!

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/pd1825nyb.gif

Depending on where those peaks aroud March '13 were, today looks to have been a breakout of a cup/handle which began around Aug '11-- ~2.5 years ago. Kitco reports intraday high of $802 today.

Here's daily (note strong volume past 2 days) & weekly Pd bar graphs,
    http://tfccharts.com/chart/PA_/
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/PA_/W

monthly only updates at the end of trading for a given month (as weekly updates end of Fri trading), so this is through end of Feb '14,
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/PA_/M

Pd's relative strength over the past ~2.5 years' PMs 'collapse' also makes it a standout. I would bet that those going long Pd here @ ~800 will be very happy 1-2 years out. Pd may have just signaled 'Groundhog's Day' for PMs,

Most Recent Headlines [ Complete Futures News ] Search News:

[ More Palladium News ]
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz