Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

I believe someone at Google has targeted our site and redirects persons who click on our link that google provides.

This does not happen with any other search engine, only google.

So when a stranger tries to open GSUS web page from google they are directed to download a virus.

This keeps people from finding us.

If I close the virus window and reclick GSUS it directs properly.

About 43,300,000 results (0.34 seconds)

Search Results

Gold-Silver Forums - Gold-Silver.US

gold-silver.us/forum/

gold, silver, platinum, palladium, precious metals. ... Forum description. Gold, Silver, Precious Metals. (9 Viewing). Discuss gold, silver and other precious metals ...‎General Discussion · ‎Rosa "Rosie" · ‎Gold, Silver, Precious Metals
    Attachment 8879

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ximmy For This Useful Post:

crimethink (16th February 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

Strangers? We don't need no stinkin' strangers!
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: Is anyone else getting rerouted from GSUS to a virus program when you use Google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...IBygA&dpr=1.25

SECOND LINK HAS THE filestore72 HIJACK
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Strangers? We don't need no stinkin' strangers!
    sometimes we gotta take a chance and dance with a stranger.

http://murderpedia.org/female.E/imag...ellis-film.jpg

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

The google search result definitely redirects to that site, even though the link looks ok. Considered to be a browser hijacker that infects the browser and redirects search results links to their own network of web sites. Potentially loads their own adverts into legitimate pages as they load.

Gold Silver Chat also appears to be affected. Not sure if this is a sign of an infected browser or some trickery they have been able to achieve in google to provide a display text that looks like a URL while the actual URL goes to that web site.

I wonder if it is a problem with the Cloud Flare caching service. Perhaps it has been hacked or has some vulnerability in the site caching side of things.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...IBygA&dpr=1.25

SECOND LINK HAS THE filestore72 HIJACK
    When I use firefox 44.0 on lubuntu 12.04, it all works the way it should. No redirect.

edit: I also have Adguard and Adblock Edge installed

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

This has happened to me twice in the recent past. I definitely clicked on www.gold-silver.us/forum and not an alternative link in the search results. I normally just use the link in Firefox's frequently visited sites, though.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I think the main thing to determine is, is it a problem with google results or individual users browsers being hijacked.

I confirm I get the redirect from google results on 2 different web sites. Others like kitco and GIM2 appear ok. Currently scanning system for "in-house" issues.
    Crimethink says happened before from "some" google links but not all
    jewboos confirms some links to here show behaviour - seems to agree with Crimethink

Vacuum says no
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    I think the main thing to determine is, is it a problem with google results or individual users browsers being hijacked.

I confirm I get the redirect from google results on 2 different web sites. Others like kitco and GIM2 appear ok. Currently scanning system for "in-house" issues.
    Crimethink says happened before from "some" google links but not all
    jewboos confirms some links to here show behaviour - seems to agree with Crimethink

Vacuum says no
    I'm running Kaspersky IS and MBAM Premium, so the likelihood of a browser hijack is extremely low. My intuition says (((Google))) is screwing with sites they want to paint as "malware-infested." They've done this with "pirate" sites, too.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I came up clean but I am on throw away systems anyway. More concerned about people trying to get here being hijacked

When I was messing around with the link it flashed up the caching service, the name escapes me right now....something fire. That service runs a global network of cache servers and ISP's serve up pages and content from that network to save on traffic costs of getting pages and content from the source. Obviously the more popular sites and content get cached closer to end users that are accessing it. The cache gets updated if the source changes.

I think the search results were served from the cache and the cache might be compromised. I noticed a streaming site I visit was having issues several times this week, page or content not found. I got a page from the cache service a couple times saying network or domain issues were happening.

Liberty Tree.