Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: Why You Can't Lose Those Last 10 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I wear the same size Wranglers I wore in 1985.

Me too.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

hoarder (21st April 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I have been walking but my plantar fasciitis is a real pain. I have to quit drinking in order to lose any weight at all. When I drink I get calories from the beer and it also stimulates my appetite and decreases my will power; as a result I gain weight quickly. I love beer so there is no sense in switching to something else. I quit drinking beer and eventually the weight disappears. It is getting harder to lose weight as I age.

Losing weight might completely cure your plantar fasciitis. All of my overweight geezer peers have serious mobility issues with foot, ankle, knee, and hip pain. It's obviously the stress of the added weight.

Gym exercise by overweight people makes no sense to me. They are ALREADY lifting and carrying extra weight that taxes their heart.

I only walk a total of 30 minutes daily and still lose 2 pounds per week without stressing my heart. We can't "burn" off this fat without risking a heart attack

Begging for a heart attack...he already lifted and carries an extra 100lbs getting out of bed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

woodman (21st April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,310 Posts

Plantar fasciitis is a condition in which the fascia is not long enough for the task at hand. Deep tissue massage will cure it by lengthening the fascia.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

cheka. (21st April 2019),woodman (21st April 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Plantar fasciitis is a condition in which the fascia is not long enough for the task at hand. Deep tissue massage will cure it by lengthening the fascia.
    just like to add that a couple of family members bought shoe inserts that they rave about

this looks like a GREAT business over the next several decades -- as the younger generations are epic fat and out of shape

https://www.goodfeet.com/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st April 2019),woodman (21st April 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    just like to add that a couple of family members bought shoe inserts that they rave about

this looks like a GREAT business over the next several decades -- as the younger generations are epic fat and out of shape

https://www.goodfeet.com/
    Shoe inserts do the same thing, lengthen the fascia. When I had a heel spur I tried that first. Helped a little, but the massage cured it.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,836 Times in 2,267 Posts

Shoe inserts do the same thing, lengthen the fascia. When I had a heel spur I tried that first. Helped a little, but the massage cured it.
    I did see a lady who did a massage on my foot. Not sure it helped. She showed me some exercise also. Have not gotten around to the exercise yet. It is done with a golf ball and also standing on stair tread to stretch the arch. Did you go more than once to the deep tissue massage?

I need to lose about 25 or 30 pounds. My target is 175 or 170. It sure feels good to be slim. It is amazing. Jewboo, that is an amazing graphic you posted. Really puts it into perspective.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

I did see a lady who did a massage on my foot. Not sure it helped. She showed me some exercise also. Have not gotten around to the exercise yet. It is done with a golf ball and also standing on stair tread to stretch the arch. Did you go more than once to the deep tissue massage?

I need to lose about 25 or 30 pounds. My target is 175 or 170. It sure feels good to be slim. It is amazing. Jewboo, that is an amazing graphic you posted. Really puts it into perspective.
    Deep tissue massage only works if you go to someone powerful enough to do it right. No pain no gain. You can't lengthen fascia without pain. The golf ball and stair stretches are good too. When I had the heel spur, it took several half hour sessions to cure it. That was over a decade ago. The spur receded to it's original shape and never had another problem.

Fascia is all that white stuff on a skinned carcass that isn't fat. It's tough as kevlar. Do you know what Injuns used for bowstrings? Yup, fascia from along the spine.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

woodman (21st April 2019)

Thanks

Thanks Woodman. Twenty months ago I finally quit smoking but since gradually gained twenty pounds. I now want to feel good being slim. I'm already half way there and feel better. If I can do it you can do it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

woodman (22nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,985 Posts

I'm about where I want to be weight wise. I feel best when I weigh between 180 and 185. I weighed myself a little while ago after reading this thread and I weighed about 190. Took two guns out of my pockets but left the extra ammo there then took a .357 out of my holster on my hip and laid it down and I was weighing 186. Still had my knife and some heavy clothes so I'm probably at 185. I don't have a pot belly either

I've been getting a lot of exercise lately day and night. I've been calving out 250 first calf heifers and they need to be watched all the time. One of my nephews is helping me and we check on them every one to two hours around the clock. We had a three day blizzard when they started calving with strong winds and about a foot and a half of snow. That was tough on everything. We needed to be up and horse back checking and taking care of them day and night because it was to hard to do it any other way. Hurt my shoulder and had to have my nephew saddle my horse for me. The older I get the harder it is to get on a horse. We have some headlamps that help a lot when we're horse back at night. A lot of the time I use a atv with a spot light too. .

We've each been eating about a pound to a pound and a half of hamburger a day, four or five good sized potatoes each and three eggs each a day with an apple or an orange. I've got a little coffee grinder and grind the beans to make coffee and I drink a lot of that. Neither one of us are gaining weight. I don't worry about having a heart attack but if I have one I hope it's a good one and I don't survive.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (27th April 2019),hoarder (26th April 2019),Jewboo (26th April 2019),monty (27th April 2019),woodman (27th April 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post

I've got a little coffee grinder and grind the beans to make coffee and I drink a lot of that.
    A little manual grinder or an electric grinder? I've been thinking about grinding beans since my sense of taste/smell improved since quitting smoking. Coffee is my last remaining vice.

Which grinder Tumbleweed?