Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning report

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Morning report

Went to the bank just after it opened, no panic there, yet. Talking to the teller, I told her about the Manhattan bank run, it looked like it kind of freaked her out to hear those words.

Went to the grocery next, meat, TP, tissues, paper towels, bread almost wiped out and a lot of other things are sparse. There is a somber mood in all the people, like they are stressed.

I don't expect gasoline to be an issue, except for prices to go lower.

I'm all set, hope you all are too.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Ares (16th March 2020),BrewTech (16th March 2020),Jewboo (16th March 2020),monty (16th March 2020),RatHoler (16th March 2020),Silver Rocket Bitches! (16th March 2020),Tumbleweed (16th March 2020),woodman (16th March 2020)

Thanks

Re: Morning report

Went to the bank just after it opened, no panic there, yet. Talking to the teller, I told her about the Manhattan bank run, it looked like it kind of freaked her out to hear those words.
    Joe & Jane are clueless regarding the banking system. I told relatives to have plenty of extra cash on hand at all times, especially now.

Went to the grocery next, meat, TP, tissues, paper towels, bread almost wiped out and a lot of other things are sparse. There is a somber mood in all the people, like they are stressed. No one has ever gone thru this before and perhaps the thought of being stuck with their spouse and kids for 2 weeks straight is too much How were the booze aisles holding up?

I don't expect gasoline to be an issue, except for prices to go lower. I told my relatives to top off their tanks and to buy and fill a gas can in case they have to go somewhere in an emergency situation.

I'm all set, hope you all are too. I'm ready short term. I fear losing my job long term.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RatHoler For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (16th March 2020),Jewboo (16th March 2020),osoab (16th March 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RatHoler View Post
    Joe & Jane are clueless regarding the banking system. I told relatives to have plenty of extra cash on hand at all times, especially now.

Went to the grocery next, meat, TP, tissues, paper towels, bread almost wiped out and a lot of other things are sparse. There is a somber mood in all the people, like they are stressed. No one has ever gone thru this before and perhaps the thought of being stuck with their spouse and kids for 2 weeks straight is too much How were the booze aisles holding up?

I don't expect gasoline to be an issue, except for prices to go lower. I told my relatives to top off their tanks and to buy and fill a gas can in case they have to go somewhere in an emergency situation.

I'm all set, hope you all are too. I'm ready short term. I fear losing my job long term.
    We have state liquor stores here. I restocked during the Holidays. My liquor cabinet is full...I could stay drunk for the next six months. :P
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

RatHoler (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

I went out this morning b/w 10 and 11.

1st super wally, busy probably 150+ cars

1st meijer, busy probably 150+ cars (across the road from the wally.)

schnucks, a little more than normal. 20+ cars

2nd super wally 100+ cars

2nd meijer 100+ cars.

super cheap grocery store had 3 cars.

Went to a Menards, they are cleaned out of the paper products.
    Menards was busy.

Post Office seemed normal.

The bank I stopped at was dead.
    Only customer. They are never busy.

Most other stores were dead. No one really out.

I was in an Office Cheapo, I walked in as the only customer @ 10.
    An oriental dude walked in wearing a mask when I walked out 10 min. later.
    Some old dude pulled into the lot when I was driving out.

Big liquour store seemed busy for 10:30 am on a Monday and no college kids in town.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

8. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

RatHoler (16th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots Silver Rocket Bitches!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 590 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post

Went to the grocery next, meat, TP, tissues, paper towels, bread almost wiped out and a lot of other things are sparse. There is a somber mood in all the people, like they are stressed.

I don't expect gasoline to be an issue, except for prices to go lower.

I'm all set, hope you all are too.
    The public is lulled to sleep by being told the FDIC insures their deposits up to $250k. What they're not told is the FDIC has less than $10 billion to insure trillions. Not to mention the fact that the amount of cash available at any time could only satisfy maybe 5% of depositors.
    everything we learn changes that which we know to be true

Thanks
    Thanked 6,456 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rocket Bitches! View Post
    The public is lulled to sleep by being told the FDIC insures their deposits up to $250k. What they're not told is the FDIC has less than $10 billion to insure trillions. Not to mention the fact that the amount of cash available at any time could only satisfy maybe 5% of depositors.
    Not to mention when we are in a nationwide emergency, just like war. During times like this even your auto and home insurance is not valid.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

madfranks (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Not to mention when we are in a nationwide emergency, just like war. During times like this even your auto and home insurance is not valid.
    Crap that's a good point. Lots of insurance policies don't cover what they call acts of God or war. It's possible the declaration of a national emergency might void several or more aspects of any insurance you may have. Probably would be prudent to double check just to make sure.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

13. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post

No customers in my bank but four somber tellers are wearing medical exam gloves to handle the fearful coronaviruscash.

My local Albertsons is packed and also weirdly somber and totally out of TP, all canned meats including tuna and chicken, and a surprise even to me....................not one loaf of bread!

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

vacuum (16th March 2020)

Thanks

A friend of mine went to his savings and loan a few hours ago to get out a couple grand, he was told they didn't have it and could only give him a few hundred.
    They told him there was a rush of people taking out cash, which cleaned them out.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

madfranks (16th March 2020),vacuum (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Wife asked me to go buy some milk, everyone was out. Then I went to the little Vitamin Cottage shop and I got the last gallon of milk they had!! Literally the last gallon in the store.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell