Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Police opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate

MASSIVE chimpout attacks police, jumps on cars, raids businesses......cops response is

https://www.policeone.com/Crowd-Cont...ttles-at-cops/

PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia police say a flash mob of about 500 teens threw bottles at officers and jumped on cars after a rec center closed for the evening.

Authorities say the disturbance began Sunday night outside the Lonnie Young Recreation Center in the city's Germantown section. Police say the teens gathered with an unauthorized disc jockey outside the center and had to be dispersed.

Surveillance video of 100s of teens converging last night in Germantown. Started w/ a cookout. Police say teens were throwing bottles @6abc pic.twitter.com/8bMaYywmOt
    — Jeannette Reyes (@6abcJeannette) July 17, 2017

No officers or youths were hurt. Police say they opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate.

At one point, police asked some area businesses to close after some of the youths ran into the businesses.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: Police opted not to make any arrests so tensions wouldn't escalate

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ab/ab3a0...ddd88576db.jpg

Philly needs to be razed anyway. It's a pathetic liberal cesspool
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,246 Posts

Cuckmunity policing in action.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Down1 For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    Police say the teens gathered with an unauthorized disc jockey outside the center and had to be dispersed.
    There are authorized DJ's? I wonder if "teens" is code for something else here?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (17th July 2017),midnight rambler (17th July 2017)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    There are authorized DJ's? I wonder if "teens" is code for something else here?
    "Youths" also known as 'Youts"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th July 2017),Neuro (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Send in the dogs. German Shepherds, preferably. The apes will scatter without the need for gunfire or gas.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks

400+ Black Teens in Philadelphia Surround Police Officers in Their Cars, Jumping on Them as Reminder Who Controls City

It's fitting on the day George Romero passed away, this happens.

More police interacting with black criminals equals a greater risk of The Happening occurring.

More police interacting with large numbers of black people, particularly unruly black youth, equals an even greater risk of The Happening occurring. [Hundreds Of Teens Confront Philly Police Following Barbecue At Recreation Center, CBS Philadelphia, 7/17/17]:
    What started as a weekend barbecue at a recreation center led to an aggressive encounter with Philadelphia police officers.
    Around 400 teens in an unauthorized gathering confronted police outside the Lonnie Young Recreation Center in Germantown Sunday night.
    Police say it all began after 6 p.m. When officers arrived, they found the large crowd on the sidewalk and in the street, as most were estimated to be between 12 and 17 years old.
    Councilwoman Cindy Bass said the following about the incident Monday: “It is clear that this situation highlights a serious need in the City of Philadelphia. One of the things I hear time and time again from our youth is that they do not have anything to do, especially in the summer. While the City has done a commendable job in providing a wide range of activities and programming, we need to do more. Much more. Could this have been prevented if we had extended recreation center programs into Sunday afternoon/evening? What are we doing to connect our young people to available job opportunities? As both a councilwoman and chair of the committee that oversees the city’s parks and recreation system, it is my job to figure out what we need and how to get resources directed to those that need it the most.”
    Officers said glass bottles were thrown at them. Publicly available videos on social media show the teens surrounding officers in their vehicles, hopping on top of cars and generally taunting police.
    Myles Nicholson and his friends had the idea to have a barbecue behind the recreation center. It was meant to be something positive for the community.
    “There’s nothing out here for us, but to get in trouble,” said Nicholson. “So we were just trying to make something for everybody to come out and have fun and get together. ”
    Police commanders made the decision not to make any arrests, as to not escalate the situation, and the crowd disbursed within in few hours.
    “There’s no reported injuries to police, no reported arrests, and there’s no reported injuries to civilians at this time,” Capt. Drew Techner with Philadelphia Police said.
    “We closed the Lonnie Young Rec Center for the night after all of this. We’re concerned all the juveniles may re-gather in the same location that they started out.
    We for their own safety want them home.”
    However, the crowd never did reassemble. Techner also has a message for those responsible for all the young people gathered in Germantown Sunday night.
    “Parents need to be aware that when they’re sending their juveniles out,” Techner said. “I know it’s nice to get the fresh air, and be out with their friends on a summer night. But parents have to be aware of what their kids are doing, who they are with, and what they’re getting involved in. They need to be home at a decent hour.”
    The teens that hosted the barbecue say they have learned a few lessons after Sunday’s incident.
    They want to have another barbecue, and keep something positive going in the community. This time they’re going to try and do it with the city’s help. They are going to reach out and try and get a permit.
    Officers said glass bottles were thrown at them. Publicly available videos on social media show the teens surrounding officers in their vehicles, hopping on top of cars and generally taunting police...
    More police interacting with black criminals equals a greater risk of The Happening occurring.

More police interacting with large numbers of black people, particularly unruly black youth, equals an even greater risk of The Happening occurring.

On a Sunday night in Philadelphia, The Happening almost happened.

That is how oh-so-close the American experiment is to ending for good.

Posted by Stuff Black People Don't Like at 8:01 PM 0 comments http://img1.blogblog.com/img/icon18_email.gifEmail ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

[/COLOR]

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Councilwoman Cindy Bass said the following about the incident Monday: “It is clear that this situation highlights a serious need in the City of Philadelphia. One of the things I hear time and time again from our youth is that they do not have anything to do, especially in the summer.

Summer jobs used to be all the rage back in the day but that requires more than two brain cells to figure out. I doubt the black 'youths' in Philadelphia qualify!
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Summer jobs used to be all the rage back in the day but that requires more than two brain cells to figure out. I doubt the black 'youths' in Philadelphia qualify!

Summer jobs? I think I still was in diapers when I think back to.....mowing lawns.....shoveling snow......full time paper route, before I ever entered high school. Of course I'd probably be shot and robbed now days, unlike back then.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    There are authorized DJ's?
    They asked him for his disc jockey license and he didn't have one. You know Neuro, we should be thankful that the government licenses disc jockeys, to protect us from the dangers of unauthorized music playing.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell