Thread: vitamin D

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,158 Times in 2,979 Posts

vitamin D

lots of docs going public about it's ability to help people fight the flu

our board doc taught me that vit d pills dont work. sunlight is the ticket

yet the media articles and doctors are imploring people to take the pill, with never a mention of sun

my hypochondriac sister was low on vit d in her blood work. doc prescribed vit d pills. she ate them like candy.

went back to get blood work tested again -- NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL

all the while i'm repeating the words of the gsus doc -- sunlight sunlight sunlight. she finally listened -- and did two weeks soaking up some sun.

went back for more blood work -- her vit d level DOUBLED from the sun exposure

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

hoarder (30th December 2020),midnight rambler (29th December 2020),Serpo (30th December 2020),vacuum (29th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 903 Posts

Re: vitamin D

synth vit D is worthless.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

cheka. (30th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,648 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDRock View Post
    synth vit D is worthless.
    Not true, if you get the correct kind. Sunlight is definitely the best form of D3, however people living up north are not going to go outside with short sleeved shirts, shorts and what not to soak up the sun when the temps are below freezing.

Cholecalciferol is the form of D3 that is made by the skin, you can also get the SAME form of it via supplement but you have to look carefully at the ingredient. It should not be bound to any other agent or filler. A good supplement will be rated at 1000 IU or higher, I currently take 10,000 IU in the winter months to supplement my lack of sun exposure. During the summer months I do not supplement D3 at all as I get plenty during the spring, and summer.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,289 Posts

People who live up North don't get much vitamin D from the sun since little of our skin is exposed in the winter. The vitamin industry is not very well regulated and there is probably a lot of variation in quality between brands and products. I take both tablets and sublingual drops of D3. I'll report back next month after I go in for blood tests.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,899 Times in 4,493 Posts

Cod Liver Oil is the best form of Vitamin D.

Use the brands listed here for the best results:
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...commendations/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

cheka. (30th December 2020),hoarder (30th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Fact is most people need more than 50,000 IU a day for a number of weeks to build up requirements in the body. Vit D works with GCMAF to fight disease in the operation of the immune system. 10,000 IU capsules are available.
    Bill Gates wants to dim the sun so we get less vit D and so we have more disease so he can sell more vaccines.
    Iodine and vit D are keys to your health but the quantities needed to build up requirements in the body are a lot more than most people realize.
    Vit D is not absorbed when the sun is less than 30 degrees in the sky.

VitD doctor http://drholick.com/

Iodine doc https://wellnessmama.com/podcast/alan-christianson/

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

Ares (30th December 2020),cheka. (30th December 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,158 Times in 2,979 Posts

they sell those lights for depression/seasonality disorder -- think those might help the people in the north?